• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Away @ Macarthur

marinermick

Don’t think it has been mentioned but the boys were three and a half hours in the bus so you can excuse that second half performance. That and the absolute randomness of the referee killing the game.

Macarthur have some outstanding players so you will take 2-1 away from home against a top four side any day of the week.

priorpeter

- f**k Faghani. Atrocious.
- f**k Macarthur. Shouldn’t f**king exist.
- f**k me - I’m never drinking again.
- f**k yeah, announcement tomorrow - not squad/coach related.
- f**k Macarthur - did I mention that?
- f**kin 3 points after a shitty second 45, get the f**k in.

TC Redline

Im really not sure what planet Fagani is from as the way he adjudicates is foreign to me. How the hell Storm got a yellow for his tackle has got me baffled especially when nearly every other foul is let go. Also other than the frustration of watching a game with him refereeing, i cant stop singing in my head that Flock of Seagulls song I-RAN whenever he is the ref.

FFC Mariner

Top away night. People who don't make the effort really are missing out.
Decent turnout too. We have taken less to Newcastle sometimes.
Credit where it's due my 321

3 Storm
2 Kaltak
1 Cumdog

After the game Storm joined the subs for their warm down. Still running hard.

Onwards and upwards

Huddo

Just back from the game a couple of points re the stadium...

Lighting was very very very poor....​
Seating in permanent down position many were dirty....​
Very high roofs that would provide minimal coverage ...​
Those cow bells would drive me away even if I was a local...​
Near impossible to get any noise as everything is so open..​
Finally how come so many stadiums in NSW & QLD are next to league clubs...

This info is from my old man so don't take it as gospel but he says the 'Leagues' used in Central Coast Leagues Club is not a reference to Rugby League, but to the phrase 'Leagues of Sport', a reference to all sports. I may be wrong but there is no historic association with rugby league that I'm aware of outside of an affiliation through sport. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

As for why theyre located next to the sports ground. the council's gave cheap land grants back in the day to the Clubs to create social sports clubs, Back then space wasn't at a premium, the ovals had more then enough land so the just partitioned off a chunk of the oval (got remember Ray Maher Oval was there, and the CC highway wasn't, so the public space was huge.)

Big Al

Our mouth's ruined the game for us from the 3rd minute. Kinda like my mouth the last time I posted here...........still, we won......Faghani is the worst ref if you give him reason to be.
Welcome back. Hope you are doing well. Good post. We were frustrated lost a yellow for Rhus kicking a ball long gone.
Danny frustrated telling ref off
Triantis pushing Assdribble no 2 well after ball went out just because he felt like it snd there was no guarantee it wasn’t play on. We were lippy for good reason but still need to stay cool and stop getting useless yellows

bikinigirl

Pretty sure Danny’s was for abuse. He was livid about some tackles in the lead up not being given and told him off

. pretty sure they said time waiting on the broadcast - doesn't make it right, but they often preface these things with 'we have been informed ...'

. of course there may be a possibility that it was given for time wasting but when it was pointed out that a sub was being made it was, ahem, written up as abuse ... surely not, not in this league ;)

Ironbark

How the refereeing would unfold was predicted spot on - let everything go then random, unnecessary yellow cards, or cards for things that deserve them but after letting go multiple card examples only moments before.

It was expected, but ffs it was way worse than seen before. The man is in another reality altogether.

Big fan of letting the game run. But this was something else.

And yelling at an injured player and dragging him up is criminal. Silvera clearly wasn't faking it.

Tevor

This info is from my old man so don't take it as gospel but he says the 'Leagues' used in Central Coast Leagues Club is not a reference to Rugby League, but to the phrase 'Leagues of Sport', a reference to all sports. I may be wrong but there is no historic association with rugby league that I'm aware of outside of an affiliation through sport. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

As for why theyre located next to the sports ground. the council's gave cheap land grants back in the day to the Clubs to create social sports clubs, Back then space wasn't at a premium, the ovals had more then enough land so the just partitioned off a chunk of the oval (got remember Ray Maher Oval was there, and the CC highway wasn't, so the public space was huge.)
That is pretty correct and even the leagues clubs actually using an NRL clubs name are not owned by the club. They are separate legal entities with separate boards and I’ve seen financials and they often do not provide a lot of funding to the NRL clubs. All clubs provide grants to charity orgs as a tax offset for pokie money, NRL clubs don’t qualify as a charity but that may be debatable. The majority of the sports funding is for grass roots and not just rugby league.

Ironbark

As someone pointed out in the first half there were holes in our defending and we weren't clinical enough in attack. But we were SO good it covered those cracks comfortably. Still think we could have had 5 that first half.

When the heffers came out and played hard in the 2nd half (Dwight would have said go in hard, foul etc, this ref aint gonna stop you) we lost out on too many 50/50 moments and 2nd balls we were winning in the first half and they wrestled the game back.

I think with a real ref we might not have flattened so much. A few more fouls being called and the paddies would have backed off a little and we'd have continued to play they 1st half style (probably).

Ultimately, we kept them fairly toothless still which was good to see - a few nervous early periods aside. Could have scored again several times too but so many scuffed shots from the dingo and Ayongo. On another day in they go and it's relief town.

Good win under tough conditions - that's what champion teams do!

greenlig

I was shocked at the reffing. I'm not uuuusually one to buy into that stuff, but he's a madman. Truly no idea what he was going to pull up or play on. Storm got a yellow for sliding in and getting the ball, then Aspro does it down the other end and it's play on. Very odd man, loves the stage. I hear he asked the groundsman to knock out two of the stadium lights and give him a spotlight instead.

First half was awesome, some of our best attacking play in years. Shooting was pretty terrible throughout the game though. Cumdog was snatching at them a lot, seemed too eager. Was relieved when the final whistle went (not least because I could go to bed - 2:45am here in the US!!)

COYY

Insertnamehere

How the refereeing would unfold was predicted spot on - let everything go then random, unnecessary yellow cards, or cards for things that deserve them but after letting go multiple card examples only moments before.

It was expected, but ffs it was way worse than seen before. The man is in another reality altogether.

Big fan of letting the game run. But this was something else.

And yelling at an injured player and dragging him up is criminal. Silvera clearly wasn't faking it.
Was sitting there and said the same thing to my mate. Cept we copped all the bullshit calls

Ozhammer

Rollercoaster of a game or as the late Jimmy Hill used to say, a game of two halves.

I would have thought that Monty and Serge would have briefed the boys on the vagaries of Faghani’s officiating in the game plan but how were they to know he was gonna take it to another level last night.

Methcarthur are no mugs and they were always going to throw everything at us in the second half at 0-2 but the boys stood strong and weathered the bartering. But for some wasteful finishing, we could have killed the contest off on the counter, so methinks some finishing drills will be on the cards for our attackers in training this week.

All in all a hard-earned away win off the back of a difficult journey down there for the boys and the sort of result that builds both belief and resilience.

Great atmosphere in the away bay, just like the days of old, loved it! There is a special connection between the fans and the boys and it feels like this could be a great season.

turbo

Our mouth's ruined the game for us from the 3rd minute. Kinda like my mouth the last time I posted here...........still, we won......Faghani is the worst ref if you give him reason to be.
Your could see it when Tulio got carded. Arzani dived and was clearly fishing for the penalty. But Tulio either says something to him or questions why the ref isn’t carding him and cops one himself. Faghani hates being questioned which is somewhat ironic considering he lets a lot of stuff go which creates questions.

Last edited:

booney

Hard to pick a MOTM.Most of our team had mixed games-some very good moments interspersed with some awful blunders.However team spirit and willingness to help team mates was very evident and augurs well for the rest of he season.

I will give my MOTM to Vuka-a couple of top saves in the second half. Kaltak,Roux ,Nisbet,Tulio and Silvera all had very good moments.Beni has had lots of criticism this season and mostly deserved but he ran his heart out yesterday and always made himself available.

Tulio's bit of magic when he flipped the ball over the defender's head and then passed to Beni who then back heeled his pass was a great passage of play.It resulted in Cummings hitting a low shot but straight to Kurto-the lead up play deserved better.

bikinigirl

Tulio's bit of magic when he flipped the ball over the defender's head and then passed to Beni who then back heeled his pass was a great passage of play.It resulted in Cummings hitting a low shot but straight to Kurto-the lead up play deserved better.

. included a Storm backheel too i believe

. i was so keen for one of those curling top corner goals ... because the lead-up play deserved to be remembered

. we score, it's team goal of the season and features in highlight videos across the land. a tame shot and it will soon be forgotten

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
to quote a host from some football show in the dim past .... THAT WAS A GAME OF TWO HALVES
and as for that f**king Fagani, he has no idea what he wants to do , let the game flow or not , penalise someone or not , and whats with carding a injured player while they were leaving the field for dawdling (i assume) unless Sammy called him a brain dead, f**king, dropkick , carded for truth now, wowsa, mind you anything said about the blithering idiot would be justified , dunno what Monty said , but i hope it started with Fookin....
the only upside of the second half , apart from the win, was that Craig No-One , the schoolyard bully himself, got hardly any time , so Woohoo
as for points....
3 kaltak
2 Joker
1.5 Julio down by the goal mouth
1 Danny

true believer

watched the game at the leagues after 2 hours of misery on the road.
the thing of note was a confused rat kept running from one side to the club to the other .
strange days indeed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred