• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF CIRCA 2010

marinermick

I think it is fantastic how directors are playing in our local comp through various grades. At least it gives them some perspective first hand on the issues and needs its members are facing.

From the dug out said:
offtheball said:
From the dug out said:
All directors are associated with a team/club either by current or past playing history or through their children, siblings, partners and possibly parents.

Somewhere somehow you will always be able to throw mud if your intention is to smear someone's intergrity.

I just dont know why you try so hard to bag them on here and never talk to them directly at the delegates meetings you attend.

Of course everyone will have some sort of affiliation with one club or another, however, having a son or daughter playing under 12's is a little different to voting on an issue that directly affects the team you play in every weekend.

Even if you vote in a totally impartial manner there will always be the perception of bias.

No there's not.

If you are associated with a team then you are associated with a team. There is no difference to being a dad of a 12A team, a M45 or a MAA8 player. 1 opinion, 1 vote.

Oops, I forgot, if you are associated with a team then you must be bias towards that club...how silly of me to forget. Similar to how people manipulate this forum for the benefit of their personal or club stance on a given scenario.

I see you have two options, either bring it up tonight or hide on this forum.
Is there a delegates meeting tonight????? Not that it really matters I'm not allowed to go and in the past most issues I have asked my clubs delegate to raise has been answered with "If I bring that up our club will get picked on" and even when you speak to delegates from other clubs they will say the same thing, so what is the point!!!
At least on this forum we can raise issues anonymously so that other members are aware of what is going on without causing discrimination for your self/ child/ team or club. And don't tell me this does not happen I have seen it on numerous occasssions. The current CCF Directors are no better than those from recent years.

FFC Mariner

marinermick said:
I think it is fantastic how directors are playing in our local comp through various grades. At least it gives them some perspective first hand on the issues and needs its members are facing.

Like the washout rules they approved?

offtheball

From the dug out said:
offtheball said:
From the dug out said:
All directors are associated with a team/club either by current or past playing history or through their children, siblings, partners and possibly parents.

Somewhere somehow you will always be able to throw mud if your intention is to smear someone's intergrity.

I just dont know why you try so hard to bag them on here and never talk to them directly at the delegates meetings you attend.

Of course everyone will have some sort of affiliation with one club or another, however, having a son or daughter playing under 12's is a little different to voting on an issue that directly affects the team you play in every weekend.

Even if you vote in a totally impartial manner there will always be the perception of bias.

No there's not.

If you are associated with a team then you are associated with a team. There is no difference to being a dad of a 12A team, a M45 or a MAA8 player. 1 opinion, 1 vote.

Oops, I forgot, if you are associated with a team then you must be bias towards that club...how silly of me to forget. Similar to how people manipulate this forum for the benefit of their personal or club stance on a given scenario.

I see you have two options, either bring it up tonight or hide on this forum.

No manipulation or bias from me in this regard. My affiliation is through my son's team. His particular competition has no team accused of playing ineligible players, hence my opinion is untainted.

I find it hard to believe you don't see a conflict of interest, where a director plays for a team (not a club) that broke the rules and that director votes on whether there should be sanctions applied to that team.

As for the broken record about the annonymity of the use of a forum, the only identities  I have seen revealed lately are those of Darren Sprod and Nathan Byrne. So it is a bit of a glass houses issue.

revilo85

I see this similar to offtheball. Don't get team confused with club.

If a director plays in a team that broke the rules, but can then vote on the issue, there is a conflict of interest!

WELL INFORMED

Part of CCF's reasoning behind the "suspension" of the penalties was that they had failed in letting clubs know what they were doing (e.g checking the team sheets for eligibilty of players). Just came across an email from CCF director of Competitions dated 23 April 2010 which clearly points out to clubs what the CCF were doing, and what the consequences were (loss of points). The CCF  still allowed a suspension of the penalties on a further 19 offences which occurrred after this date. What do CCF have to do to educate the clubs, come out and personally tell each team.Their  "reasoning" doesn't stand up for the offences occurred after the 23 April as far as I am concerned.

offtheball

With two or three grounds not playable today why couldn't games be transferred, especially A grade games that will now have to be played mid week. eg Mens Premier League Berkeley Vale V Terigal, there was plenty of space for these games at Pluim

marinermick

offtheball said:
With two or three grounds not playable today why couldn't games be transferred, especially A grade games that will now have to be played mid week. eg Mens Premier League Berkeley Vale V Terigal, there was plenty of space for these games at Pluim

because the club delegates voted at the beginning of the season that games were not allowed to be transferred

totally daft

offtheball

Except on the middle weekend of the school holidays when several premier league, 1st division and 21's games were moved to dry grounds to avoid mid week log jam.

WELL INFORMED

just another example of CCF's lack of consistency this year with their decisions!!!!!

let some teams play illegal players for the first 7 weeks then penalise teams if they do it after that period,

move some games one weekend then don't move the games this weekend??? make up your minds either do it or don't

Kevint

Just a question (relating to the topic).  Was Berkeley Vale vs Terrigal the only washed out Mens Premier League game today? I was told that the other games went ahead. When are these games going to be made up, a mate told me that he now has 3 make up games for Terrigal - is that true? Do other clubs have 2 or 3 make up games too?

WELL INFORMED

Kevint, correct BER V TER was the only P/L game washed out today. You only have to look at each P/L teams draws to work out how many "catchup" games they have to play. All clubs have at least 1 mid week catchup game from Rd10 with EGO having 2(Rd 10+ 12)TER now 3 (rd 10,12 + 15)and BER now 2 (rd10 + 15)following todays washed out game.

offtheball

The main reason CCF ensured that "A" Grade games were replayed after washouts, when all others were cancelled, was to maintain the integrity of the Champion of Champions Competition.

If this competition is so important that it dictates CCF policy, it seems amazing that C of C doesn't rate a mention on the CCF web site. No draw, no mention of teams representing the association, no good luck, no results (although only played yesterday)

For the record was not a great day yesterday with the boys/men 8 losses and 3 wins ( 11's Killarney, 13's Kanwal Prem The Entrance).

Girls/Ladies did a great job with 5 wins 12's Killarney, 14' Terrigal 16,'s Kanwal, 18's Umina, Prem Gosford

offtheball

Good to see someone in the CCF office is reading the forum, they have now updated the web site. Better late than never.

starfish

Pretty poor form by the Entrance 35s and Killarney 45s in forfeiting. If you do not want to play - don't enter and either give the opportunity to the runners up or save the Association the cost of nominating a side

starfish

Apologies, especially to Killarney thats my mistake - I was going off what I thought was originally on the Football NSW website or I could've mis read it. That's good that they played even though they went down. Any idea what The Entrance's reason for forfeiting was? My point is still the same with them - if you don't want to play then don't nominate.

Wilsons

Apologies, especially to Killarney thats my mistake - I was going off what I thought was originally on the Football NSW website or I could've mis read it. That's good that they played even though they went down. Any idea what The Entrance's reason for forfeiting was? My point is still the same with them - if you don't want to play then don't nominate.

They did not win the comp..Ourimbah did

starfish

Still doesn't answer the question.

If Ourimbah were the Champions and didn't want to enter then that's their choice, no problem with that. If their place as Central Coasts representatives was then offered to The Entrance, did they accept and then just decide not to play or were they forced to enter by the association?

I think it just looks bad when a team representing us in a prestigous tournament decides to forfeit, unless someone can shine some light on the reason behind it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred