• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF CC CUP

hasbeen

Wilson said:
hasbeen said:
Concerned and Follower are right about Pluim Park. The latest in this continuous debacle is the removal of any local comp U17 and U18 Friday night games, in the interests of 'saving Pluim for the Semis'. So we now see GOS v UMI (U17B) this Friday at Jubilee, Long Jetty, when by all rights it should be at Pluim. An even unfairer scenario now sees all Southern Peninsula teams (UMI, SEU, WOY etc ... ) having to travel to Wyong Shire grounds for virtually every game. The likes of Kanwal etc ... virtually don't play anywhere but their own ground. That's really fair. Of course the CCF trumpets the mantra of 'Gosford CC's fault' in all of this, so they can cop the easy way out instead of making Pluim more available, and the U17 and U18 comps fairer.      

To be fair did you see Pluim during last years semi finals and Finals series. It was a disgrace!!!

Come on .. disgrace is not a strong enough word ...

W

Wilson

My ruptured quad is now 90% so I can return to playing.. I wonder if they have replaced the blown lights on the back field and trimed the trees so that they do not block the lights that ARE working

WELL INFORMED

Follower said:
Concerned is 100% correct.  The Majority of the staff at CCF are focused purely on lightning.  The (High Performance Manager) HPM, Community manager and grounds man are all involved in lightning.  The Local Clubs are very much treated as second class.  The word on the street is that the HPM is down to the final 5 for the GM's position.  If that happens you can say goodbye to club football. 

The HPM also doesnt want to form any links with the mariners so they are getting involved with Gladesville.  Real foward thinking mob over there.

It is time the clubs voted out the current board and put some people in place that are a little forward thinking and have the best interests of all at heart.

You only have to look at the CCF website to see what a debacle the place is.  Wouldnt it be good to go to the CCF Website monday morning and see all the results, pointscores and the draw for the year etc.  Wont happen with the current mob
FOLLOWER, how hard did you look for the results? Friday and saturdays were put on the  CCF website saturday night and sundays I think were on there either late sunday night or monday some time. I think points scores were also there sometime monday as well  but you are correct on the "no draws" part of your comment though. To find results/point scores go to the competition section then click on winter competition and you should find them. A lot of the problems behind scores not getting published are the fact that teams/clubs fail to report  their scores accurately and on time.

offtheball

hasbeen said:
Of course the CCF trumpets the mantra of 'Gosford CC's fault' in all of this, so they can cop the easy way out instead of making Pluim more available, and the U17 and U18 comps fairer.     

You can't argue about Gosford Council having to bear some responsibility.

Gosford Council does not have one ground that has adequate lighting.

I wrote to council last year to voice my concern about this issue, the response was that Federal Government money had been allocated for such infrustructure and Council was looking into it.

If you have an Under 17 player waiting to play on a Gosford Council ground I wouldn't hold your breath.

hasbeen

Paolo said:
Competition and then winter competition tab...wasn't to hard really

Under Points tables is a diatribe from the end of last season about catch up games etc ... no 2009 tables ...

Paolo

I never said it was a good site or set up...but was proving how easy it is to find the info which is available

The Smart one

I notice the website today advertises the cc mariners v Lightning game, provides venue and time, can we have a date of this game, it would help get people to the ground, maybe.

Follower

The Smart one said:
I notice the website today advertises the cc mariners v Lightning game, provides venue and time, can we have a date of this game, it would help get people to the ground, maybe.

Yeah good one.  It is next Tuesday night I believe.  28th April.

mariners4ever

Follower said:
The Smart one said:

Yeah good one.  It is next Tuesday night I believe.  28th April.

yep,
http://www.ccfootball.com.au/home/events

scroll down and its there

The Smart one

Well I have scrolled down and find sweet fa, yes its in the events section so why bother putting the time and venue splashed on the home page without a date, amatuers always have been always will be

WELL INFORMED

The Smart one said:
Well I have scrolled down and find sweet fa, yes its in the events section so why bother putting the time and venue splashed on the home page without a date, amatuers always have been always will be

Yeh .have heard that the bloke looking after the website has just got approval to start up a new club next year, good luck if you go there.

grendel

Last night Terrigal lost 3-0 to a team entered from the Church competition.  It will be interesting to see how they go in their next round.

Kareem

grendel said:
Last night Terrigal lost 3-0 to a team entered from the Church competition.  It will be interesting to see how they go in their next round.
heard on tuesday night- some of guys from my team said Terrigal were going to be missing a few players (3+ i think)

Kareem

ourimbah vs Umina in the cup tomorro night
we have lost 4 in a trot- although the washout hopefully has given us the chance to refocus...
+ its Umina- hope we kill them  :fireup:

hasbeen

well, it is the Cup so anything can happen ... look at the 2 mickey mouse teams in the FA cup this Sat ...

Kareem

Note: I am being very optimistic...
regardless we have done well- last div1 team in comp thanks to a tight 1-0 win over kinny
definately the underdogs, although who knows wat team Umina will put out ???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred