• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF CC CUP

truesoccer

Do not work under contract, should as I do notget award wages and overtime. Just got home after leaving at 5 yesterday morning. Life is hard for a soccer player, albeit 45's if we get enough.
CC Cup draw was done last night and as I am asst manager for a grade team I have been subject to a miriad of emails with changes to same. Seems Pluim is only now being refurbished. It is apparently closed due to re-turfing of goal mouths and also will be oversewn in April. All these are causing considerable disruption to CCF CC Cup draws. One thing noticeable however is that Lightning and Thunder games which fall within the closure periods will be played. I am all for reps but why can't our, the clubs, games not go ahead when the rep games can?

Paolo

what i gathered from his post:

1. He just got home from work after leaving at 5am. He should work under contract to get the overtime pay
2. He is a manager for a local club and there has been changes to the Central Coast Cup draw.
3. Pluim is being returfed and is causing disruptions
4. Seems suprised that Lightning and Thunder games will still be played at pluim within the closure period

W

Wilson

Well the cup is usually run and won by the middle of April..

It will finish in June some time..It's a joke!!But not a funny one.

dibo

Wilson said:
Well the cup is usually run and won by the middle of April..

It will finish in June some time..It's a joke!!But not a funny one.

why is that in itself a bad thing? is there a particular reason why it must be done in april? i don't play up there anymore and don't have links, i'm just curious.

W

Wilson

Well for one we were first notified that it would be run on Sunday's in March then they changed it to wednesdays in March and then to its current format that it is. It's very hard to organise pre-season etc without proper notification.

With the new draw it will be running during the Premier League season in the middle of Winter at night, the very thing they were trying to prevent. i no where my teams focus will be!! 3 points

From the dug out

Wilson said:
Well for one we were first notified that it would be run on Sunday's in March then they changed it to wednesdays in March and then to its current format that it is. It's very hard to organise pre-season etc without proper notification.

With the new draw it will be running during the Premier League season in the middle of Winter at night, the very thing they were trying to prevent. i no where my teams focus will be!! 3 points

Title defence young Wilson...

From the dug out

From the dug out said:
Wilson said:

Title defence young Wilson...

referring to both titles

Omni

The CC Cup is kicking off tonight (8pm)

Doyalson V Budgiewoi on Field 1
Berkley V The Entrance on Field 2

Omni

CC Cup is scheduled for this Wednesday (although most likely won't hapen) Churches V Terrigal 8pm at Pluim.

concerned

Update on CC Cup.

Appears that we clubs who pay for Pluim Park are being denied access to same.

We still cannot get a draw for the CC Cup despite the cup starting over a month ago. Again it seems the clubs are being classed as second class citizens. Appears even the person at the CCF who does the draw cannot give an answer when games will go ahead.

From various feedbacks it would seem that Pluim 1 must be kept clear so that all rep teams from Boys 11 and Girls 12 up can play thereon. However if a local Premier League 1st grade teams want to play CCF Cup on there, they cannot.

My husband and I went up to Pluim to watch 1st round between Killarney and Umina and found them playing on a very much shortened and poorly lighted Pluim 2 whilst Summer Sixes played on a perfect Pluim1. Later found out an employee of CCF was playing in Summer 6 comp final that night. Possibly a coincidence if this is true?
I have heard that the CCF High Performance Manager complained about CC Cup interfering with Lightning trainiung program. We, as far as I am aware, are paying his wages not Lightning. He should get his priorities right as should the CCF Board.

If CCF or their apparent master Lightning do not want games at Pluim I would suggest thet they do not run CC Cup.

Follower

Concerned is 100% correct.  The Majority of the staff at CCF are focused purely on lightning.  The (High Performance Manager) HPM, Community manager and grounds man are all involved in lightning.  The Local Clubs are very much treated as second class.  The word on the street is that the HPM is down to the final 5 for the GM's position.  If that happens you can say goodbye to club football. 

The HPM also doesnt want to form any links with the mariners so they are getting involved with Gladesville.  Real foward thinking mob over there.

It is time the clubs voted out the current board and put some people in place that are a little forward thinking and have the best interests of all at heart.

You only have to look at the CCF website to see what a debacle the place is.  Wouldnt it be good to go to the CCF Website monday morning and see all the results, pointscores and the draw for the year etc.  Wont happen with the current mob

hasbeen

Concerned and Follower are right about Pluim Park. The latest in this continuous debacle is the removal of any local comp U17 and U18 Friday night games, in the interests of 'saving Pluim for the Semis'. So we now see GOS v UMI (U17B) this Friday at Jubilee, Long Jetty, when by all rights it should be at Pluim. An even unfairer scenario now sees all Southern Peninsula teams (UMI, SEU, WOY etc ... ) having to travel to Wyong Shire grounds for virtually every game. The likes of Kanwal etc ... virtually don't play anywhere but their own ground. That's really fair. Of course the CCF trumpets the mantra of 'Gosford CC's fault' in all of this, so they can cop the easy way out instead of making Pluim more available, and the U17 and U18 comps fairer.     

W

Wilson

hasbeen said:
Concerned and Follower are right about Pluim Park. The latest in this continuous debacle is the removal of any local comp U17 and U18 Friday night games, in the interests of 'saving Pluim for the Semis'. So we now see GOS v UMI (U17B) this Friday at Jubilee, Long Jetty, when by all rights it should be at Pluim. An even unfairer scenario now sees all Southern Peninsula teams (UMI, SEU, WOY etc ... ) having to travel to Wyong Shire grounds for virtually every game. The likes of Kanwal etc ... virtually don't play anywhere but their own ground. That's really fair. Of course the CCF trumpets the mantra of 'Gosford CC's fault' in all of this, so they can cop the easy way out instead of making Pluim more available, and the U17 and U18 comps fairer.      

To be fair did you see Pluim during last years semi finals and Finals series. It was a disgrace!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred