• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF Administration

truesoccer

Hasbeen
As others have said I may not be as literate as others but I try to get my facts right. Your quote, "When Toukley tried to get more control  back to the Clubs with a motion at the AGM, they were defeated on semantics rather than a vote on what was truly wanted.", was wrong. It was Tuggerah who tried to change things at AGM according to my club's representative.
Before I criticise I try to get details right. I checked with my club and they have told me that clubs had quite considerable input into what the new resulations were. A number of drafts were sent out to clubs for comment. I have been told our club put in a few. Some were rejected with reasons given whilst others were actually done. Full marks to the CCF for this.
I also asked my club about the fines and was told that most of these were brought in a number of years ago. Since then and particularly this year a lot have been reduced. Again full amrks to CCF for this.
I agree CCF is run by the clubs, it is their people who run it and therefor it is up to them to put appropriate people in the jobs.
I said before that some are doing their jobs but some are not. What I meant to say was get rid of those who don't. This means that clubs must get someone who will for the right reasons.
I would love to but do not have the time, due to work commitments, and lack of education to do so. I am just a laborer who goes where his boss says. That is why I have taken so long to get back on this forum. Its a long way from central Oz where you do not have any private internet. There must be others out there who could do the jobs and not just the radical element, as we went through from 2000 til  a couple of years ago. Maybe it is those who we shoud blame for the present situation.
An example of  latest problems is one a friend of mine recently had. He tried to contact the President of Lightning, also a Director of CCF, and was told he was away on business. He then contacted their treasurer as he knew he was also a director of CCF, and was told he was overseas on business. As a last resort he tried to contact the President of the CCF only to be told he was also overseas on business. He rang the CCF office and was told he should speak to the CCF High Performance Manager. He hung up as this would not have resolved his complaint. Others in our club have had similar problems with the Director of Women's football. One even found out when a directors meeting was on at Pluim and rang only to find she was not there.
Seems a few are doing their jobs or more whilst a couple are just there for the title.
Clubs please get off your backsides and get better candidates for some of the CCF positions.

girljean

Do not usually go on to these sites but my hubby said there was an item on the CCF Director of Womens Soccer.
I and my club have also tried to contact her. Seems she is more intent on herself and her team than anything else.

marinermick

girljean said:
Do not usually go on to these sites but my hubby said there was an item on the CCF Director of Womens Soccer.
I and my club have also tried to contact her. Seems she is more intent on herself and her team than anything else.

have you tried writing or emailing to her and CCing your club secretary, club president, CCF secretary and CCF president in the letter/email

i bet she will respond then

Jolly_Roger

If you have any complaints with CCF or any clubs, put it in writing. Dont expect alot of action through a making a phone call.

By putting things in writing, it must be tabled as correspondance at the CCF or club meetings. Therefore you are far more likely to get a response/action on the issue at hand.

dwight

In a "perfect" world you would get an answer unfortunately you will find that correspondance they don't like to answer will just get buried.
Has anyone out there seen "the audit" undertaken of the CCF last season to make sure in GJ own words "there was no misappropriation of funds or anything like that" try and get your hands on this one. ?

girljean

marinermick said:
girljean said:

have you tried writing or emailing to her and CCing your club secretary, club president, CCF secretary and CCF president in the letter/email

i bet she will respond then

Am in trouble from hubby. He says I should shut up and some others might agree but when I get a bee in my bomnnet, as mum used to say, I get involved.

MM You lost your bet.

Jolly Roger Our club has written. Our delegate raises such correspondence at delegates meetings only to be told "we do not appear to have got that". His opinion is that it seems any correspondence an any contentious matter from any club mysteriously disappears.

Seems she is not the only director you cannot get on to. Director of Reps is just as evasive.

Asked around my club. You always get answers from Competitions, Properties, Registrations and Marketing. Those directors deserve praise. They are not evasive and you can be sure an email you send to them will be answered. Dir of Judiciary is middle of the road.
It is appreciated that directors do not get paid but by accepting the position they do take on responsibilities. One of these is to serve their member clubs. The above 4, 5 if you include Dir of Judiciary, do. The rest are another story.
Our club will be fielding candidates against the other directors who either seemingly do not want to know you, are too self interested, are otherwise too busy or just do not care for the clubs. Would have stood myself but with an unexpected addition due in October will have my hands full, literally. We do not want to get rid of the 4 (or 5) who are doing their jobs, we need them there and support them, but the others do not warrant being there.

marinermick

did you cc all the people i suggested in the letter?

good to see you taking proaction and using the democratic tools available

neverwozza

Did anyone go to the SSG forum held last Thursday at Central Coast Leagues - I was notified too late. I'm hoping they go for an internal club system ie we only play sides from our club. I find the young kiddies come out of their shell when they are playing other kids they know and are in a familiar envrionment. Some smaller clubs will have to link with each other to make it work but it should be fine if you have at least 40 registered players in an age group. As a coach I'm assuming I will have a squad of 10 kids which will be 2 teams of 5 on game day. That means there will be potentially 8 teams if you have 40 kids which is more than enough for a comp in the 5,6 and 7s. I'm also looking forward to having less numbers to encourage on game day. If you have 6 on the field and 3 aren't participating it can hard keeping track of them all bit with only 4 to watch and 1 sub to worry about it should be a lot easier. Lawrie McKinna I ain't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred