• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF 2011

concerned

In view of Darren's statements on other posts that he will be open to matters raised on this forum I submit the following open letter to CCF as I know many friends in other ckubs also have these concerns and queries.
1) Our club advised some time ago that a committee had been set up to try to formulate a better system for competitions in 2011 to overcome the multitude of shortfalls and disasters in 2010. When will we hear what they have come up with?
2) Will clubs have time to put such recommendations to their members prior to AGM and/or prior to 2011 registrations?
3) Will clubs have a chance to question or overturn such decisions if they, in majority, do not like same?
4) We have seen that CCF is to take over referees. We have all read what is on the CCF web site. Still cannot see why something that was running well needs to be changed. Just because other areas are doing it, from what I here is being put forward as an argument in favour, does not mean that it should happen here. We have all seen hpe CCF stuffed up local competitions last year. Can we be guaranteed that CCF takeover of referees will not be another stuff up?
5) Heard that Competitions Manager has 'resigned'. See that applications for new position of Competitions Administrator is still being advertised on CCF website despite applications supposedly finishing last Friday. What is happening here?

girljean

Concerned... Agree with your comments.
Apparently our club approached the Director of Competitions asking that someone experienced, not only with competitions but local conditions, should be appointed to the now vacant Competitions position. He was not willing to give a positive answer inferring it was a board decision. Surely the Director of Competitions should have the greatest input into this position which falls undewr his portfolio. He apparently seemed to imply that no comment could be made without Darren's approval. Is the board a democracy or a dictatorship?
Also our club is concerned that due to the number of Director "resignations" and staff changes how can potential sponsors, (partners), have confidence in our association?
Notice Darren has not replied to your post. Darren you say you are open so, if you are, please reply to Concerned and also to this post.

Forum Phoenix

Why not just send him the letter or call him?

Honestly, when you never post on any other topics and then pop up to post open letters in public forums,
it simply looks like your using this site as a soapbox to grind axes.

offtheball

The forum police strike.

Why is it OK for "credible" members of the forum to ask questions of CCF eg how many posts on here about wash outs? but a couple of relevant questions are asked about 2011 and they're suddenly deemed out of order.

I fail to see anything that resembles uninformed either.

luvsoccer

Quote by 'offtheball'
"The forum police strike.
Why is it OK for "credible" members of the forum to ask questions of CCF eg how many posts on here about wash outs? but a couple of relevant questions are asked about 2011 and they're suddenly deemed out of order.
I fail to see anything that resembles uninformed either."

'offtheball' I agre with you. I cannot see anything wrong with the posts at the head of this subject.
I know for a fact many questions have been put to CCF without reply. Also Darren stated that he did not mind answering questions on the public forum. So what is it that these "forum police". as you put it, or "Darren Sprod stooges" as some of those I have spoken to put it, worried about.
If there is nothing to hide the CCF should be willing to answer in public. If not, why not?
Revillo, Wilsons, Phoenix or Dibo please answer this last question. Also who are you?

Revilo

Quote by 'offtheball'
"The forum police strike.
I fail to see anything that resembles uninformed either."

'offtheball' I agre with you. I cannot see anything wrong with the posts at the head of this subject.
I know for a fact many questions have been put to CCF without reply. Also Darren stated that he did not mind answering questions on the public forum. So what is it that these "forum police". as you put it, or "Darren Sprod stooges" as some of those I have spoken to put it, worried about.
If there is nothing to hide the CCF should be willing to answer in public. If not, why not?
Revillo, Wilsons, Phoenix or Dibo please answer this last question. Also who are you?

If you want something answered, why don't you e-mail Darren directly and post his response on here (assuming you ask his permission). Darren doesn't have to check the forum every day to answer your questions, but i'm sure if you ask him while he is at work he will reply. How about following a decent procedure instead of crying conspiracy that he hasn't replied.

What do you mean who am I? Do you want my full name and address? You are the ones hiding behind internet usernames when questioning CCF actions and policies, instead of just asking him directly. What am I supposed to prove to you by identifying myself, when I have no reason to.

Forum Phoenix

Who am I?

WHO AM I?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM...

The PHOENIX!!!
Haaarararraarararkkkkk Harararararraaaraaaaaaarrrkkk!!!

Why are you going to try to break my legs luvssoccer?
Or maybe your implying I have something to hide??!!
Apparently Sprodd could have something to hide??!!!

MY GOD!!!
WE ALL, COULD HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE!!!!!!??

LMAO

Who am I?

I AM THE FORUM POLICE!!!

AND I AM....

STRIKING AT YOU!!!

AND NOW...

I HAVE STRUCK!!

Im telling you it's oppression of free speech man!!!
Damn these f**kin fascist forum pigs man!!! They said we sounded like we were grinding axes man??
How dare that guy recommend we just speak to the people we have so many isssues with!!!!
f**kEN FORUM FASCISTS!!!!!!

You know what we have to do...?

Total OPEN LETTER ANARCHY!!! It's the only answer MAN!!
ANARCHY!!!!!!
ANARCHYYYYYY!!!!

Man I miss those piss yourself laughing smiley's!

Offtheball,
Since Sprodd said he'd answer questions from the greater football community obviously in the name of goodwill on here, there's been a history here of a few people who clearly just want to sling shit at CCF and grind some personal axes.
You must have missed it.

While this hadn't fully blown out as yet,it opened much the same as other attempts and I'm sorry Offtheball, but if statements like...

"is this a dictatorship or a democracy - we have all seen how CCF stuffed up... sponsors will have no confidence...
if you are so open Mr Sprodd why won't you answer the questions... do yo have something to hide"

are all just perfectly innocent and are really just playing the ball and not the man as they seem...

And then cupled with the fact that the only time these guys seem to tune in is when they get publicly stuck into Sprodd about whatever... Then yep, I and I'm not at all surprised others who are regularly on here, just see this as being very likely axes being grinded once more and wish they would just fight there battles openly, honestly and VASTLY more efficiently - if they are truly as interested as they say in getting answers - with the relevant parties. No way I'd conduct my business this way. Just create a shit storm and get nothing done.

Darren Sprodd stooge...
LAMO luvssoccer. Never even laid eyes on the guy.
Hilarious stuff and speaks volumes about your paranoia and the agendas clearly going on behind all this open letter shite.

Now enough of this foolishness, its goodnight from me as I've still got some well meaning concerned people to oppress on another forum.

Cheers
FP

*Blows raspberry and then makes... famed phoenix "Haarararararak" sound as he disappears _suspiciously_ into the cyber sunset*

offtheball

I don't think I fit your description as someone who only comes on this particular section of the forum to have a whinge.

I have no agendas with CCF or Mr Sprodd. In fact I commenced the thread CCF 2010 giving him a wrap.

Forum Phoenix

I don't think I fit your description as someone who only comes on this particular section of the forum to have a whinge.

I have no agendas with CCF or Mr Sprodd. In fact I commenced the thread CCF 2010 giving him a wrap.

:huh:

Hence the reason you weren't described that way, and that I then bothered to separately, and I thought quite reasonably, to respond to your question. I thought the language and sentiment was quite self evident. As obviously did others.

As to the "forum police" ball that was so quickly picked up and run with, I did indeed ridicule that :lol:
I said it sounded like axes being grinded. And have demonstrated in quite clear terms how.
I hardly think that was infringing on anyones civil cyber liberties.

Cheers
FP

Dibo,
Thx for the meeting.
We really got a lot covered. Can't wait to put that new BATON strike we practiced into action!
On the grammar... Cheers. 3am "Art" you understand.
<_<

offtheball

:huh:

Hence the reason you weren't described that way, and that I then bothered to separately, and I thought quite reasonably, to respond to your question. I thought the language and sentiment was quite self evident. As obviously did others.

As to the "forum police" ball that was so quickly picked up and run with, I did indeed ridicule that :lol:
I said it sounded like axes being grinded. And have demonstrated in quite clear terms how.
I hardly think that was infringing on anyones civil cyber liberties.

Cheers
FP

Dibo,
Thx for the meeting.
We really got a lot covered. Can't wait to put that new BATON strike we practiced into action!
On the grammar... Cheers. 3am "Art" you understand.
<_<

You are correct just being over sensitive.

P

poko

I'm a tad confused by all of this, but I am aware that there are a lot of changes happening within CCF for the 2011 season.

I just say...hurry up! I want to kick shins again :)

2 games at Pluim last night and no canteen, lots of unhappy people, especially with the heat. What's happening there, will it be open for games this weekend?

Dibo you are right and normally I would do this however in recent times my phone calls to CCF office have not been returned and emails have remained unanswered, as the CCF Chairman has answered questions on this forum before (and has said he is willing to do so), I thought this would be my best option to get an answer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred