• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CC over 35's comp

Ted

truesoccer said:
MarinaTed said:
This is a total bullshit and unfair decision, less game time for the same rego and ref fees as everyone else? Sorry guys ya don't get a run today, but have ya paid ya ref fees? WTF?
I'm having second thoughts about playing again now. This sucks.....  :mad:

I checked through my club. Change in rules was as a result of requests from some clubs and teams. Also many times, and I know this from experience, games had to be cut short due to lack of time. My team is quite happy to play the lesser time. Know of many from teams at other clubs who also embrace the idea. 35's only want to play PM on a Saturday. Saturday is juniors day. Lets face it they are the future of football not us old cronies. Our secretary advises rule changes were put out by CCF to all clubs who had 3 weeks to object. Our club contacted us. Why didn't your club contact you? I have been critical of the CCF in the past but in this case it seems lack of communication within some clubs is to blame. I have heard that matter is to be discussed at a meeting next week where matter will be voted upon. Also my secretary said that she was advised by CCF that ref fees would be reduced to compensate.

Fair enough and thanks for the info. If that's the general consensus on it, then that's how it is. 

From the dug out

Spoke to the operations manager at Pluim last week and asked why the rules and regs were not on the CCF's website? His answer was that they are not completley finalised just yet. Thats why we are voting this Wednesday on the 35's running time.

Loki

Trying to figure out the logic? If they reduce the games back to 35 minute halves and there is generally only 2 afternoon time slots for 35's to play how is this really going to help? Saving 20 minutes over the entire day will serve what purpose exactly?

Just got this email from CCFA:

Grade 35 Game times.

Despite the new Regulations being circulated to clubs and the fact that initially we received positive feedback from a majority of clubs for the reduced playing time for Grade 35 and only one club against the change it would seem now from the Marinators web forum that some are against the reduction in playing time. Most likely all are from the one club who protested but to see we would ask that clubs speak to those responsible people in their club associated with G35 to see their views and at the meeting on 30th January we take a vote. 30 minutes or 35. It as to be reduced from 40. There is just not time. Also Saturday is junior day. When 35s were created it was on the understanding they would play when and where there was room. Whilst 35s will only play PM and do not want to move around too much, wanting home games, there will be only one option and that is to restrict the number of 35 teams and competitions particularly if they will not agree to some form of reduction in playing time. Referees fees will be reduced accordingly to satisfy the detractors in that regard. Accordingly Fixtures officers will be asked to vote on behalf of their club if they want 30 or 35 minute halves in 2008. Also are their G35 willing to play Saturday mornings and/or Sundays?

hasbeen

I agree that taking 10 or 20 minutes off a game will save hardly anything. What needs to be done is to restrict the number of 35's comps. This needs to be done fairly though, with restrictions on the number of teams each club is allowed to register.   

Loki

Evening out teams won't work. It should all be relative to how many Junior teams register at any given club. If your junior teams fill up all your fields every saturday then no 35's allowed at the club. If you have 1 time slot free (lets say 3.00pm) every saturday then you would be entitled to 2 Over 35 teams. In theory this should work but I'm no expert on how the draws are done. A club like Terrigal couldn't possibly fit all their teams on their own fields. COULD THEY??????????

pommypete

A 5 minute reduction in each half equates to 12.5% reduction in playing time,therefore a 10 minute reduction in each half is 25% reduction.If referee's fees are to be reduced, then so should the astronomical rego fees be reduced,why pay more for less?

Jolly_Roger

There were 58 teams registered in over 35's last year equating to approx 29 games of football each week

A division -7 teams (all Central Coast)
B divisions - 16 teams (North, South)
C Divisions - 23 teams (North, Central, South)
D & E Divisions - 13 teams

It would be difficult for me to believe that teams and players playing A & B divisions would be happy with a reduction in the playing time. Particularly the A division where the standard is quite high. Not to mention that the winning 35A team plays in the state champions of champions and to slice their playing time is hardly benificial when playing in this comp.

hasbeen

Loki said:
Trying to figure out the logic? If they reduce the games back to 35 minute halves and there is generally only 2 afternoon time slots for 35's to play how is this really going to help? Saving 20 minutes over the entire day will serve what purpose exactly?

Just got this email from CCFA:

Grade 35 Game times.

Despite the new Regulations being circulated to clubs and the fact that initially we received positive feedback from a majority of clubs for the reduced playing time for Grade 35 and only one club against the change it would seem now from the Marinator’s web forum that some are against the reduction in playing time. Most likely all are from the one club who protested but to see we would ask that clubs speak to those responsible people in their club associated with G35 to see their views and at the meeting on 30th January we take a vote. 30 minutes or 35. It as to be reduced from 40. There is just not time. Also Saturday is junior day. When 35’s were created it was on the understanding they would play when and where there was room. Whilst 35’s will only play PM and do not want to move around too much, wanting home games, there will be only one option and that is to restrict the number of 35 teams and competitions particularly if they will not agree to some form of reduction in playing time. Referee’s fees will be reduced accordingly to satisfy the detractors in that regard. Accordingly Fixtures officers will be asked to vote on behalf of their club if they want 30 or 35 minute halves in 2008. Also are their G35 willing to play Saturday mornings and/or Sundays?

The vote tonight should be on 35 v 40 mins. The 30 mins first touted in the Rules & Regs change was said to be a mistake (according to the last Clubs meeting). The info you got back from the CCFA contradicts this. 

From the dug out

I will be at this meeting tonight on behalf of Budgewoi, I know what our boys think of this and will be voting on their behalf.

I suggest that which ever way you and your team mates are thinking, make sure that you pass on your thoughts to that of your clubs fixtures officer, so that you will be well represented.

pommypete

Maybe common sense has prevailed.In this day and age of political correctness,it would be ageism to cull our playing time.

dwight

It's pretty easy to sort anyway just register all over 35 teams as All age 10's
and then you'll have your playing time. Considering the fees we pay we should get decent game
time and it's  was a blanket decision how many o/35's pllay all age and get 80 minutes a
week. ?

Jolly_Roger

Just read the new regulations for the year. They still show 2x30 minute halves for the game duration in the 35's.

The regs came out on the morning of the last meeting which gave little time to review and comment.

Just be aware all that this issue may not be dead and buried regardless of the vote.

Ted

Hmmm, kinda glad I couldn't afford to return to the game as a player this year then, damn I miss having a run on the pitch though...  :( 

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

hasbeen said:
This is the off season, and a great time for the Rules & Regs to be surrepticiously amended

Assuming it hasn't been thought of during the previous season, what do you want them to have done?  Bring it in after the season's started?

Many clubs have mailing lists anyway, to pass on information - so if information hasn't been passed on I think you need to ask your club why and not CCF.

As for reducing the refs fees - why?  You guys will just cram 40min worth of whinging and hacking into 35min anyway :D

Haha, nah, seriously, that's a fair cop - but if it went down it'd  be $4max, I'd think.  $that makes, what, a 20c reduction per player per game? 

We've been seeing problems with match lengths for years - all too often CCF will schedule no time between junior games.

As in, have an U/16 (2x35min halves) kick off at 12, then the next match at 1:15.  2x35min halves, plus half time, means the match will finish right on 1:15.  Consider that there's a fair chance the same ref will do both, and he's gotta make his way to the refs room, fill out any paperwork (which could take 5min on its own if there's a few bookings), have a drink/bite to eat if necessary, then walk back (and often the clubhouse can be a few min walk from the field)...then WE'RE the ones who cop the crap because the match is cut short because it starts late!

These problems have existed for years - and if the referee doesn't start the games late then the O35s will run out of light.  Heck, in the middle of winter, even if the last O35 game starts on time I'd still have serious doubts about whether or not there's actually enough light to be able to play, according to the guidelines used for stadium lighting.

Obviously they need new fields, but that's a discussion that's been had on here.

Cutting the halves in O35s is going to save a maximum of 20min over the course of a day (up to 2xO35 matches on a field in an arvo), so is there really any point doing it?

Though I wonder if clubs have requested the reduction in time from a fitness perspective as well?

hasbeen

The referees fees listing for 2008 that came from the Director of Comps at the CCF has the O35 game time at 40/40.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I've checked up on this, and I believe the halves have been left at 40min due to a number of clubs arguing against the 35min halves. 

Of course, the halves are quite often shortened to 30-35min anyway if games are running late. 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred