• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CC over 35's comp

Jolly_Roger

I have heard a rumour that the over 35's competitions have been reduced to 2x30 minute halves in lieu of the 40 minute halves. I know we are old but not that old. Has anyone else heard about this??

roonytunes

yeah, f**k that! we worked out it was costing us 22 bucks a game as it was with fees, and that was if you got a game or not. Unlimited subs will do just fine, thanks.

Statue

30 minutes each way for 35s would be so much easier to ref, when i ref them most of them struggle to make the 40 minutes and you end up playing only 30 minutes anyway with the ammount of subs they make

Ted

Yeah but as least everone gets decent game time with 40 min halves and unlimited subs. Shorter games may mean some players miss out entirely on a run.

Jolly_Roger

Perhaps they are trying to make up some time to run this new under 21's thing.

I agree with you ted. You could at least get a 40 minute game under the current system. We ran our rotations each 20 minutes and it worked farily well.

Loki

Let's hope it's just a rumour, you will find they are running out of daylight to fit all the junior games in so I am guessing they are hoping to cut back 35's to fit extra games in on a saturday?

Loki

Do you pay more than other senior teams? If so WHY? Seniors at our club all pay same rego. Our committee is made up of mainly Over 35 players. Without them our club could be in a real mess. I am trying to clarify how true this rumour is?

Part_Timer

our over 35 team, at morisset pay less than i do in interdistrict division2..seems weird they would make over 35 teams pay more money for shorter games wouldnt that drive ppl away ?

Jolly_Roger

aussiecross said:
our over 35 team, at morisset pay less than i do in interdistrict division2..seems weird they would make over 35 teams pay more money for shorter games wouldnt that drive ppl away ?
Loki said:
Do you pay more than other senior teams? If so WHY? Seniors at our club all pay same rego. Our committee is made up of mainly Over 35 players. Without them our club could be in a real mess. I am trying to clarify how true this rumour is?

Well, i started this post so i feel abliged to reveal the source. I heard it through our clubs secretary who attend one of the CCF meetings where the issue was discussed.

hasbeen

It popped up as a change in the new Rules & Regulations for 2008.

No discussions, no notifications, just slipped in through the back door.

When it was raised at the CCF's AGM the reply was there were insufficient grounds so the 35's copped it.

Of course, there has been no mention of any reduction in CCF or Referees fees.

As for driving people away from the 35's comp. this is EXACTLY the reasoning behind it.     

Ted

This is a total bullshit and unfair decision, less game time for the same rego and ref fees as everyone else? Sorry guys ya don't get a run today, but have ya paid ya ref fees? WTF?
I'm having second thoughts about playing again now. This sucks.....  :mad:

Bex

If they cut it back to 15 minutes I might consider playing, provided its unlimited interchange  ;D :ashamed:

hasbeen

At the CCF monthly meeting last night it was said that the 30 mins e.w. was a mistake and should be 35. Some clubs still want it to stay at 40 mins e.w. There is a Fixtures Officers meeting at the CC LEagues on 30 Jan at 7.30 pm. Lobby your officer as to what you think the playing time should be. Given the amount of money the 35's pay & the size of the squad, I'm for 40 mins as it was last year.   

truesoccer

MarinaTed said:
This is a total bullshit and unfair decision, less game time for the same rego and ref fees as everyone else? Sorry guys ya don't get a run today, but have ya paid ya ref fees? WTF?
I'm having second thoughts about playing again now. This sucks.....  :mad:

I checked through my club. Change in rules was as a result of requests from some clubs and teams. Also many times, and I know this from experience, games had to be cut short due to lack of time. My team is quite happy to play the lesser time. Know of many from teams at other clubs who also embrace the idea. 35's only want to play PM on a Saturday. Saturday is juniors day. Lets face it they are the future of football not us old cronies. Our secretary advises rule changes were put out by CCF to all clubs who had 3 weeks to object. Our club contacted us. Why didn't your club contact you? I have been critical of the CCF in the past but in this case it seems lack of communication within some clubs is to blame. I have heard that matter is to be discussed at a meeting next week where matter will be voted upon. Also my secretary said that she was advised by CCF that ref fees would be reduced to compensate.

hasbeen

i believe the 21 day period is long gone. As for MarinerTed, you were lucky you were consulted. This is the off season, and a great time for the Rules & Regs to be surrepticiously amended knowing most clubs don't meet every month in the off-season. What irks a lot of people (me included) is that Rules & Regs are changed without prior consultation .. no airing, no canvassing, just whatever the Rules & Regs guy at the CCF feels like is a good idea (in his opinion). The onus is then thrown back on the Clubs with short notice & out of season. The CCF seem to forget they are there to accommodate the member clubs, not the other way around.         

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami