• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

BobbyD 2 Coach Glory W-League

Rowdy

Perth Glory legend Despotovski to coach W-League side:
gettyimages-72292641.jpg

Perth Glory legend and all-time leading goal scorer, Bobby Despotovski, will look to weave more magic with the club’s title-winning women’s squad.g

The former Socceroo will coach the women’s team in 2015-16 after serving a stint as mentor to the Perth Glory U20s reserves in the National Premier League who currently top the table.

Despotovski paid tribute to the work of his predecessor, another club great, Jamie Harnwell who masterminded the women team’s record-breaking run.

Harnwell transformed the side from also-rans to last season’s Premiership winners and grand finalists but had an acrimonious split with the club after being asked to reapply for the position.

gettyimages-72995942.jpg
Glory boys: Harnwell and Despotovski in 2007
From July 1, the Glory Women’s team came under the ownership of Perth Glory after previously administered by Football West.

Despotovksi, who played 241 games for Perth Glory between 1996 and 2007 and scored 113 goals, said he was looking forward to coaching on the national stage.

“I’ve had great times here at Perth, from scoring goals to winning trophies, now I’m determined for silverware as a coach,” he said.

“I know we have the passion and determination to claim the highest honour in Australian women’s football.

“I’d also like to acknowledge my predecessor and former teammate Jamie Harnwell who led the women’s team to the Grand Final last season. He had a stellar season and achieved a lot. Hopefully this year, we can go one step further”.

Perth Glory Women’s captain and Matilda, Collette McCallum, has been named Assistant Coach.

McCallum played 50 W-League games for the Glory Women and made 81 appearances for Australia, scoring 11 goals for the Matildas.

"I'm thankful to still be involved with the team and I am looking forward to learning as much as I can from Bobby and Kenny" the former midfielder said.

The W-League season kicks-off on October 17.

Rowdy

Great to see Collette McCallum appointed as Assistant Coach, was an astute passer & gutsy midfielder. 100 caps for Australia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb