• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bluetongue Farce!

offtheball

What a farce Bluetongue Stadium has become! Todays WPL, Men's Reserve Grade and MPL have been moved to Pluim Park. What a joke that a ground that has a significant proportion of Gosford City Council's ground's budget can't take 10mm of rain. Less than 5mm forecast for today.

Just shows how poor it is, when even Pluim grounds are open.

The situation was a joke even prior to this debacle with the ground being deemed unable to cope with five games in one day, the reason being put forward for the 21's and 18's grandfinals not being played there.

The most astonishing thing is the ground is set to be re-surfaced in the next fortnight. So I presume it must be saved for next Friday night. Totally unfair to the players who may have played their one and only game at Bluetongue tonight.

So Mr Sprodd who made the call?

marinermick

Absolute farce as you said.

From what I understand Bluetongue and Gosford Council made the decision.

Apparently Bob Graham has blown a head gasket about this decision and is trying to get his counterpart at Gosford Council to move the game back.

We thought we would be smart and leave our broadcast equipment set up overnight. Now we have to go, pack it up and move it to Pluim. Calling the game upstairs from one corner will be interesting.

darrensprod

All

The ground was closed by Stadium Management and Gosford Council. We were informed at 7am this mrning.

Regards
Darren

scottmac

Suspended
From what i saw last night, BT was pretty cut up and they are probably putting the Mariners in front of anything else. I could only just imagine what the ground would look like after that amount of games in one wet day.

Understand where your coming from but I'm glad they are putting the Mariners first.

Unless the drainage and the base of the stadium is redone, i dont think it could ever handle that amount of games in one day and be playable the following week.

Bex

Well after this weekend I'm expecting to see that entire stadium surface dug up and a radically improved surface/drainage installed that will solve the "problems" that we seem to have with our pitch that strangely no other team in the league seems to have. They've got about three months to sort it out and I would not expect a couple of 10m2 repairs like last season's farce.

scottmac

Suspended
Well after this weekend I'm expecting to see that entire stadium surface dug up and a radically improved surface/drainage installed that will solve the "problems" that we seem to have with our pitch that strangely no other team in the league seems to have. They've got about three months to sort it out and I would not expect a couple of 10m2 repairs like last season's farce.

Don't get your hopes up. This is Gosford Council were talking about.

Bex

Of course when I wrote that I'm fully expecting that they'll patch up 3 small areas of the field and we will have the same problem next year or maybe worse :(

midfielder

Of course when I wrote that I'm fully expecting that they'll patch up 3 small areas of the field and we will have the same problem next year or maybe worse :(

You reckon three areas ... three HHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMmmm narrrrrrr two areas at best maybe one ... plan for two next year is the closer call...

offtheball

Lucky CCF saw sense and aborted their "no games will be transferred!" policy.

Still pissed off with Gosford Council and Bluetongue re transfer of games. Umpteen games of union planned for Saturday, but ground couldn't handle 5 games of football.

WELL INFORMED

No senior games at all for League or Union as far as I can see from the various websites but 7 Junior Rugby Union games on saturday 11/9 and 9 Junior Rugby league games on Sunday 12/9 at the stadium.

scottmac

Suspended
Lucky CCF saw sense and aborted their "no games will be transferred!" policy.

Still pissed off with Gosford Council and Bluetongue re transfer of games. Umpteen games of union planned for Saturday, but ground couldn't handle 5 games of football.

So their playing union there on Saturday?

If so, I take back what I said in this thread earlier. F**kin wankers the lot of them.

girljean

Pluim Park is the home of football (soccer) on the coast and therefor it is appropriate for all our Grand Finals to be played there. Bluetongue is not the premier field on the Coast. Last Saturday proved it. Bluetongue closed, Pluim open.Pluim should have been opened as most who pay for it have been prevented from playing on it all year. Pluim should be used for rep football during the season and the finals series for local comps be you an "A" side or a "G" graded side. This used to happen in the past and yet now we are paying a fortune for its upkeep it is not happening. Why not?

Wilsons

Pluim Park is the home of football (soccer) on the coast and therefor it is appropriate for all our Grand Finals to be played there. Bluetongue is not the premier field on the Coast. Last Saturday proved it. Bluetongue closed, Pluim open.Pluim should have been opened as most who pay for it have been prevented from playing on it all year. Pluim should be used for rep football during the season and the finals series for local comps be you an "A" side or a "G" graded side. This used to happen in the past and yet now we are paying a fortune for its upkeep it is not happening. Why not?

It used to happen on very dangerous pitches that were either dust bowls or mud heaps....Must be strange to see grass covering this year at Pluim!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred