• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Baan Steps Down

midfielder

At the end of this Bosnich story (in the Bosnich thread i think) the bit about Bann has been left off and I think it is worth a thread.

Mariners tipped to sign Bosnich

Sebastian Hassett, Michael Lynch
June 6, 2008

CENTRAL Coast Mariners have offered disgraced goalkeeper Mark Bosnich a guest stint on their playing roster for part of the upcoming season.

The offer allows Bosnich to play the first seven games of the A-League for the Mariners, filling in the exact amount of time that keeper Danny Vukovic will spend on the sidelines for his suspension incurred during last season's grand final.

Currently in Australia after attending the FIFA Congress and watching the recent Socceroos matches, it is understood the former Socceroo has spoken with Mariners deputy chairman Peter Turnbull, who has tentatively offered him a temporary spot.

Bosnich failed a drugs test while contracted to English Premier league side Chelsea in 2002 and had a serious cocaine problem.

Coach Lawrie McKinna admitted he would be happy to welcome Bosnich if he demonstrated a professional approach.

"He's been a quality goalkeeper over the years, you never say never and Mark Bosnich was one of the best keepers in the world on his day, and if he was fit and back in shape, of course you'd look at him," McKinna said.

Meanwhile, the man hired two years ago to help drive the revamp of Australian soccer will retire when his contract ends in six months.

Dutchman Rob Baan turned 65 this year and is stepping down to spend more time with his wife and family in the Netherlands.

But Baan, who played a significant role in the decision to hire his countrymen Pim Verbeek and Henk Duut as Australia's head and assistant coaches, wants to stay involved with the Australian game, at least up to and including the World Cup.

He believes, that for continuity, Football Federation Australia should seek to replace him with another Dutchman who understands the principles and direction that he and his countrymen have set in train for the continued development of the Australian game.

midfielder

striker #9 said:
midfielder said:
.............. Football Federation Australia should seek to replace him with another Dutchman who understands the principles and direction that he and his countrymen have set in train for the continued development of the Australian game. [/color] [/b]

I know Guus did good job and Pim seems to be ok too...... but why dutch?................how good is the dutch team? have they won anything?  - except for Ajax they are a flop.

I'd prefer to see a team of coaches from south america e.g. argentina to revamp the football system at FFA.  or do you think australia's not ready for proper football yet?

I agree

marinermick

striker #9 said:
midfielder said:
.............. Football Federation Australia should seek to replace him with another Dutchman who understands the principles and direction that he and his countrymen have set in train for the continued development of the Australian game. [/color] [/b]

I know Guus did good job and Pim seems to be ok too...... but why dutch?................how good is the dutch team? have they won anything?  - except for Ajax they are a flop.

I'd prefer to see a team of coaches from south america e.g. argentina to revamp the football system at FFA.  or do you think australia's not ready for proper football yet?

haha, the last time argentina has won anything was a copa america (ten teams) in 93 and that was fifteen years ago

it has nothing to do with what trophies the country where the coach comes from has won

gus hiddink engineered our greatest ever football performance and got us within a whisker of the quarterfinals (and most likely semi final after that) and he never played at any high level or won any major trophies

Arabmariner

Also in International football there is only one trophy to compete for every 2 years ie Euro-World cup-Euro-World cup etc
The Dutch do very well considering the size and population of the place.Their club teams like all the smaller nations have suffered in recent years because of Bosman and European union.

Jesus

Jesus
striker #9 said:
midfielder said:

Dutch teams, notably ajax and psv have been fostering and maturing not just dutch, but african and asian talent for years. The number of africans in the top leagues of the world is by large part testamate to the dutch and french.

For a small population the do very well internationally. They develope good players. They also develpoed total football, which personally i think to be the best form of football around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred