Away game venue discussion

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by ashman89, Sep 4, 2019.

1. style_cafe

style_cafe Well-Known Member

Maybe not as big as this, but there is an area next to the old change rooms equipment store rooms at The COE that could
    accommodate something like this (approx 14m wide x 25m long).
    Start with a basic shell and make it grow and evolve with us.

upload_2019-9-7_14-42-2.png

• Like Like x 4
  2. style_cafe

3. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

I like Tom's idea of the pub at niagara park.

also has a chinese next door for the hungry peeps and decent pub food. Only had one good sess outside in the area he suggested and its pretty nice spot.

I would be happy to chat the landlord up or leave it to Tom if he is a local. Location wise it is perfect...very central.

• Like Like x 4
  4. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

As a Woy Woy resident, the Bayview would be good for me. Parking nearby can be a problem at times, but I have a bus stop outside my door. For any coming from away, it's a long spit from the rail & bus interchange.
    However, I'm pretty mobile, so Niagara Park would do the job as well.

5. style_cafe

Fine by me too...

6. Charlie1

Charlie1 Member

What about the bay Rd brewery

• Like Like x 2
  7. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

No screens but this could be rectified.

Club may be displeased as they have a sponsorship with Six Strings.

Tall Timbers could be another option. They have an excellent area out the back with big screen. Ourimbah is perhaps the most central for the Central Coast.

• Like Like x 3
  8. priorpeter

priorpeter Well-Known Member

Bay road will be installing a screen in the coming weeks :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Charlie1

Charlie1 Member

You guys could also host pre home game functions there like the old days in the kendell bar. It would be good to have the same place for away and pre home game drinks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

Yeah, but they barely use the fkn joint weekend avos

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

For those unfamiliar with "a long spit", it means just a few yards (metres for the youngsters) further than gobbing on your own boots. In this particular case, the pub is just across the street from the station.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

To be fair to our palates six strings isn't the best beer i've ever drunk.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. priorpeter

We’ll be promoting the new At Baker Street (on Baker St behind CCLC) as a venue for the game this Tuesday - the guy got Foxtel installed today and is super keen to get something going. Possibly discounts available for members! Will circulate some material soon.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  14. marinermick

Great work Pete. Chef Daniel at Baker St and his wife are awesome people. They have a big screen at the front of the restaurant and have Bay Rd on tap.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. scoober

scoober Well-Known Member

at least they won't run out of beer....

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. marinermick

Hehe, I saw someone from Bay Rd deliver a keg on a busy Saturday night.

• Like Like x 2
  17. priorpeter

You can also order food at Bay Rd and they will deliver from At Baker Street. Good partnership!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

That sounds ideal! I like the idea of the venue being so close to the stadium (and I hope / anticipate they're efforts here will be rewarded by those using it for away days, will also use it for home games and ditch the CCLC). Fantastic work to whoever is involved in this.

I don't know the venue myself (the site, yes, not the venue) being in Melbourne, but it sounds ideal.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  19. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

You’d also be supporting a small business and if it’s where I’m thinking it is (previously Blush and a number of ventures tried and failed there since) then I’m certain the support will mean a lot and be reciprocated. Not a huge venue but if the away days crew gets big enough for space to be an issue the club will be in a much healthier place. My away day venue is usually watching the game once the kids have gone to bed but I think Pete might be on to something here.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Yeah its that seedy little nightclub Viper and blush etc. It looks good from the outside now.
    Perfect location.
    Chef Daniel is a good fella. I used to buy my chili infused olive oils from him when he had that shop/deli at Kariong.

• Like Like x 3