Audio books

true believer

G'day where did you buy them from ?
Do i need a kindle or is my phone ok ?
How big is the file size ? 250 page book .
(On the road .jack kerouac )say

FFC Mariner

2 ways I believe

Buy them, sign up to audible or buy from itunes or google. I understand from other people that they can be found on the internet for free

Usually an mp3 file or similar and you can play through your phone

300mb tops?

MagpieMariner

Totally agree about Audible. I have a number of books narrated by Stephen Fry, superb. I've not tried free audiobooks, but if they're anything like most free e-books, they're a waste of time.
There is an Audible app available for Android phones and tablets (both free). I assume for Apple as well, but I don't have Apple devices, so I don't know.
Audible's sub is $15/month. Most items are that price or less.

true believer

Totally agree about Audible. I have a number of books narrated by Stephen Fry, superb. I've not tried free audiobooks, but if they're anything like most free e-books, they're a waste of time.
There is an Audible app available for Android phones and tablets (both free). I assume for Apple as well, but I don't have Apple devices, so I don't know.
Audible's sub is $15/month. Most items are that price or less.
So you pay a momthly fee ? $15 bucks ain"t bad . I could well listen to a few books i never seem to read

MagpieMariner

So you pay a momthly fee ? $15 bucks ain"t bad . I could well listen to a few books i never seem to read
It's good for me, I have taken quite a lot of books since I joined. Note the fee gets you 1 book per. You can buy more if you want to for around the same price each. If you already have the Kindle version, you get the audible for a lot less and they sync.
There's a lot of variety with a lot of good narrators. One I've particularly enjoyed is The Complete Sherlock Holmes narrated by Stephen Fry. If you like British detective novels, there's a series by Joy Ellis, the first in the series is "Crime On The Fens". I find her a good read.