• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Champions League

eenfish

Indeed, Evergrande is a pretty intense team. Richest side in Asia if I'm not mistaken, plus Lippi is the highest paid coach in the world if memory serves correct. If we had drawn anyone else I would've thought we'd have a half decent chance at making it a bit further.

scoober

Any idea when the draw for the 2014 edition is? i think its usually november but cant find anytrhing on the net. I'm keen for another asian adventure!

dibo

I thought it was a December thing. They're reviewing the structure of the league for 2014.

greenlionii

[ACL Final] first leg FC Seoul 2-2 Guangzhou Evergrande

Attendance 55,501 with 15,000 Chinese fans, 6,600 of them travels from China, that breaks a record of travelling fans and the largest away fans groups in Asian club football.
BXgXgNSCUAAdiMc.jpg

Highlights
http://sports.cntv.cn/2013/10/26/VIDE1382790599495243.shtml

yellowcake

You'd have to back Evergrande at home tonight, with a win, 0-0 or 1-1 giving them the title. Certainly no shame in our loss to them in the round of 16.
(Considering also they won the CSL by 17 points; 30 rounds, 1 loss, 5 draws - including one that Macca consigned then to in the last game!)

As Big Al said Kashiwa Reysol from our group also made the semis. Bigger and better things in 2014.

SFL

I think Guangzhou have shown that they'r eons above any team in Asia, smashing my Reysol something like 8-1 in aggregate in a semifinal. We did give Evergrande a good show, especially at home, but we have a mile to go and a mountain of cash to be up to that standard, even to match Reysol's.

Though I think Guangzhou have found their match in this final with perhaps a better team that could prove money doesn't buy heart.

From watching the last game, I wouldn't count Seoul out of this at all. Completely different sets of teams, playing style and an unmatched passion shown by Seoul that Guangzhou struggled to deal with (last twenty minutes Seoul should have had two more). Conca, Muriqui, Elkeson (the spine of Guangzhou) all went missing during the final thirty while Seoul's stars sparked their comeback surge. Not sure if it was home ground efforts, but I feel tonights game will be very much the same, very open and refreshing to watch.

eenfish

Re: money, pretty sure they're paying Lippi more than all the money we have spent on wages in all of our seasons for date. For us to get on the same level as them, financially, A-League would have to seriously start matching the AFL and NRL in terms of attendance and TV viewers respectively with a increase/destruction of the cap and no increase in teams to halt the massive spread of quality and wealth. Basically, we'll never be able to compete when it comes to dollars and cents.

I think it says a lot about Australian football, as a breeding ground of future talent, that teams like the Mariners are able to get past the group stage and not get embarrassed by teams like Evergrande. They're paying over the odds for players while we are signing fifteen and sixteen year olds and giving them a shot at the first team. Evergrande is everything wrong with modern football, and the Mariners is everything right (but I be a little biased ;))

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred