• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

artificial intelligence computer make up own language

midfielder

Anyone read this about the two computers talking to each other in their own language... kinda scary stuff...

http://bgr.com/2017/07/31/facebook-ai-shutdown-language/

Facebook engineers panic, pull plug on AI after bots develop their own language

Mike Wehner
@MikeWehner
July 31st, 2017 at 12:26 PM
Share Tweet

As the world’s most powerful computer systems begin to embrace artificial intelligence in earnest, using smart algorithms to increase efficiency and and speed, the potential damage that a “rogue” AI could cause continues to grow. Many in the tech community have theorized how an artificial mind could turn against its creators, and Facebook just got an interesting lesson in how such a scenario might unfold. Facebook engineers were forced to pull the plug on one of the company’s AI systems after its bots began communicating with each other in a completely new language which humans simply couldn’t decipher.

DON'T MISSThis affordable robot vacuum has a killer feature you won’t find on a Roomba

The AI bots, which were originally programmed to use plain english to communicate with one another, were found to be speaking what appeared to be gibberish. Sentences like “I can can I I everything else” and “Balls have zero to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to,” were being sent back and forth by the AI, and while humans have absolutely no idea what it means, the bots fully understood each other. Without being able to understand how or why the bots were communicating, Facebook had no choice but to shut down the system.

The very obvious danger here is that computer which can communicate with each other using their own language are not only impossible to understand but much more difficult to control. In this case, the bots were not bound by plain language and seemingly developed a more efficient way of communicating with each other, deciding for themselves what was best. It’s both impressive and scary.

Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg is a huge proponent of artificial intelligence, and has even clashed with other tech leaders like Elon Musk over his embrace of AI and apparent lack of concern over the theoretical dangers intelligent computers could pose to humanity. After the events of this weekend, perhaps he’ll change his tune a bit.

Rowdy

Ironically, Elon Musk (Tesla) recently dissed Zuckerberg, saying he hasnt a clue when it comes to the complexities and ramifications of AI.

midfielder

I'm not convinced Middy isn't a bot creating his own language.

Huge skill to create your own language thanks for the complement ... frustrates the hell out of conservative right wing folk who see themselves above others...

enjoy the honey badger ... he has created slang into an art-form...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami