• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Anyone known the Origin

midfielder

Mate just quoted me a poem as best he could and I have written it as best I could remember... Does anyone know who wrote it .. when etc.. Dibo this should suit you

Then I tho we don't have a thread for things we don't know, well at least I don't think we do... so maybe this could be it ...

Anyway (and Dibo I am relying on ya for this one) to the poem or as best we could piece it together..

It was crisis day in Parliament, and the house stood hushed and still
As a member rose with a question, “are we doomed to go downhill?”
“I’m confident of an upturn,” the PM made reply,
“If workers pay is held at bay we’ll all be home and dry”,
“How true how true”, cried the workers, “let’s end this wicked strike,”
“We don’t want a rise in wages, they can stick it where they like,”
“Thank God, thank God,” sobbed the bosses, “there’s faith on the factory floor,”
“And now we have this extra lot, we’ll give it to the poor,”
The stuff their pockets with money, and rushed with eager feet,
Pressing their surplus profits upon the people in the street,
They moved amongst the dole queues, and boarded every bus,
With streaming eyes and heartfelt cries, “You need it more than us,”
Soon the land prospered and the Devil became a Saint,
Now the sober unions had exercised restraint,
And the people were all happy and the sound of laughter spread,
As hand took hand in the Golden Land, and pigs flew overhead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred