• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Anyone else use Ubuntu?

MagpieMariner

adz said:
I use redhat for production servers and fedora for development servers and thats enough linux for me  :-\

Reasons for using it as a web server are basically it is more stable, quicker and secure (out of the box) than windoze, but that's only when we're running it as a web server. Interested in the reasons for switching to linux on a home pc though...
I am switching (slowly) because firstly it's a lot cheaper than Windoze, and so are the applications.
I also wanted to try something new - I don't do business at home, it's just a hobby.

Jimmy

Uh nah.
I guess you could add "girls" to the list of people that use macs. (let's not turn this into another sexist claim thread).
FFC if you're intent on apple software but not the hardware you're able to install an illegal version of the mac software on a standard pc. But of course I do not condone the use of illegal software...
You can also have windoze installed on another hardrive and get the best out of both worlds in terms of software.

Ranyen

Jimmy said:
Uh nah.
I guess you could add "girls" to the list of people that use macs. (let's not turn this into another sexist claim thread).
FFC if you're intent on apple software but not the hardware you're able to install an illegal version of the mac software on a standard pc. But of course I do not condone the use of illegal software...
You can also have windoze installed on another hardrive and get the best out of both worlds in terms of software.

Can't stand Apple - not sure why. Just prefer Microsoft for some reason.

We got a new PC just after they stopped releasing XP with the new PC's, so we got stuck with Vista - stupid piece of crap. So we had XP on one harddrive & Vista on the other.

MS Office 2007 I really like. I'm a big excel freak. So many possibilites in that program! I even went so far to teach myself advanced Macro's (un-necessarily - but it did get me top marks in the Business Computing class!).

J

jiggles

Its all depends what you are going to use it for. In my last job we did a LOT of video editing, music editing and photo shop and had to archive images etc.  So the Mac worked really well for it, and it was very easy to use.

For the more admin, spreadsheet etc, I just prefer PC's. Can't really say why.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred