• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Any coaches ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kareem

MarinaTed said:
Kareem said:
To MarinaTed. I can share some of your grief in getting enough players...
I only had 9 for my u13s team's trial game and had to borrow 3 u12 girls...they played awesome though
I only have 12 in my team. And only 2 of them are defenders...and one of them broke his toe and is out for 4 weeks. Which means we only have 11 for first 3 games...not gonna be fun as a coach!

I was informed yesterday that one of our defenders is out for the season requiring a knee reconstruction due to the injury he picked up in the Budgewoi hammering. We have also lost one of our strikers (Azza on these forums) with what looks to be a fractured right fibula. This leaves us with a squad of 9 for several weeks and 10 for the season upon Azza's return. My main concern is the boys losing heart due to lack of players and the struggle we will have ahead of us....
We do have the luxury of drawing from the 13A's who play games prior to ours for a few games at the start of the season, but still would much prefer to have a solid group that plays and trains together and can gel as team.

Sym, sorry mate but the person I mentioned about coaching has decided to coach the AAs. I believe he (Colin)checked your team out? Can't a parent help you guys out if that is the only option?
my condelences...you win by far! :p
and by win I mean you are totally up against it...I can at least be grateful for havin 11 players available to me now (although only 1 defender...which is frustrating)

hasbeen

Kareem said:
hasbeen said:
Kareem said:
I am talking about
1) the lack of attention to several key age groups (u18s one of them).
2) their All age 1 team was a disgrace with forfeiting numerous matches.
3) Certain people at the club treating others like crap...although they have changed Presidents now which can only be a good thing for Umina!
4) Lack of chances for young players 17-18, compared to other clubs eg. Ourimbah. Unless Ourimbah is a super great club (which from what I hear is only ocnsidered to be an alrite club) that is pretty poor effort from Umina!
5) I have been at Umina for 3 years and I enjoyed my time...but not when they decide to change coaches for my team with no good reason apart from politics! They then decide to leave us without a certain coach.
And yes I do think I know wat I am talking about as I have 1st hand experience!!!
I thankfully will never have to play for Umina again and I personally am happy (I was planning to go back to SEU next year anywya but was stayin for the coach and to play u18s)

Okay let's tackle these one at a time

1) Several key age groups? No, only one .. the 18's (because of last year's coach)
2) AA1 forfeited 1 game and were duly fined by the CCF
3) Correct but you needed to be at the Club Meetings to see who was treating who like crap. You weren't there and are obviously going on second hand information .. dangerous.
Do you know last year's and this year's Presidents personally in order to make the call that one is better than the other?
4) Lack of chances to do what? Play up in Reserves etc ? ... if you are good enough of course the chances are there.
5) The coach from last year's 17's to this year's 18's was changed because of requests from several players. The only player to have left because of the change is you Kareem. Coincidence? 
On a general note you seem to be split between playing for Ourimbah & Southern. Not the sort of thing a coach likes to hear when he's looking for commitment is it? 

4) No
5) and replaced by one who isnt qualifed...that seems pretty stupid! A player requested a new coach. (he didnt like bein told to pull his head in)...he will want a new coach soon enough!
Noone else left because the next closest 18s team is Kinucmber, Kariong or Gosford which is not very favourable due to how far away they are.
For SEU vs OUFC...
SEU- i live in Ettalong...enough said
OUR- nice setup that suits me...
I have been a SEU player 2000-2004 not to mention currently coach there...where at OUFC I have been there since March 15- go figure!
That said after plain for a year I may want to stick with OUFC.

So basically in the end, the stupid politics within Umina got me angry and I am glad I got out of it!
PS. who r you!

Good luck to you at your new club. A win/win situation for both Ourimbah & Umina !!

Paolo

Kareem said:
maybe a win for Ourimbah-
a win for Umina...I dunno bout that one! I mean they lose one talented player from their 18s group not to mention they were apparently stuggling for numbers (half club said 9 players igned up and the other half said 15). Surely a club doesnt like to lose their good players?
donn't mind giving yourself a rap there??? Sorry to shoot you down, but you were playing 18Bs, not exactly a high standard and doesnt take much to 'shine'

Aden

first of  all whoever plays or lives in Umina should be ashamed of themselves for playin in that  sh**hole . Umina should be segregsted from the rest of the coast should be just  a region itself cuz it disgraces the coast  and  for Ourimbah  hahaha rubbish club  anyone wanna bet with me that they wont make the G/F in ressies or Firsts . cuz basically there club is just made up of people who  have made there way through all the clubs on the coast and now are there . i wont name people  but there soo many .. no loyalty  in Ourimbah  :thumbsup:  and thats not for all the ourimbah players  i have nothing against there players just never have really liked the club

Omni

Should we change the name of this thread to "The Pond"

Got to love the spirit at CCF, enjoying your pissing contest lads?

Paolo

im enjoying what little involvement i have had.....and i havnt began pissing yet, only jst made it to the bathroom

Paolo

hahah lolz at you.
I never said no-one goes from Bs to grade(where did i write that?). I made comments about you talking yourself up like you're the best thing sinced sliced bread(proven again in your above post). You were voted best player in your side, well done to you, but again with the standard of the comp it isnt exactly special, nothing to ride home about.

hasbeen

Kareem said:
Aden said:
anyone wanna bet with me that they wont make the G/F in ressies or Firsts
guess what?
there are another 8 teams in 1sts that wont make G/F and 8 teams in reserves! lol
OUFC dont expect to make the G/F this year...
keensy said:
Kareem said:
maybe a win for Ourimbah-
a win for Umina...I dunno bout that one! I mean they lose one talented player from their 18s group not to mention they were apparently stuggling for numbers (half club said 9 players igned up and the other half said 15). Surely a club doesnt like to lose their good players?
donn't mind giving yourself a rap there??? Sorry to shoot you down, but you were playing 18Bs, not exactly a high standard and doesnt take much to 'shine'
Dare you to prove me wrong! Want to hear me say it...I was voted best player in my team by other coaches! So should I adjust that to from 'one of the better players in the age group' to 'the apparent best player in that age group'.
The standard aint so high...but you think noone goes on from 18B's to play 1st and Resreves. I can name one guy from top of my head that went from 18B's in 2006 to Reserves early 07 and Firsts later on! And there are plenty more! 18 A's i going down anyway...2 years back in 2006 when I played a bit for 18B's you could clearly tell the difference between A's and B's. Not so much now!
And besides...most clubs wouldnt consider losin someone that was your best player in the age group last season...It's kind of a bad thing!
Have Umina decided to write off 18s? (seems that way with coaching drama's). There are two good players left in that 18s side but they arent gonna get the help they need from Umina...they are good enough to be 1st grade in a few years IMO but not at this rate!

Are you saying Umina should have begged you to stay? Re-instate a coach which nobody else wanted just to keep you happy Kareem? You are even more delusional than I thought. If your coach from last year was so good why don't you talk him into coaching you at Ourimbah? If the other Umina players don't like the new coach how come they haven't followed your lead and left?
Don't try and turn your own personal disappointment into a Club issue, because there isn't one. Umina 18's have the full compliment of 14 players by the way.   

dibo

canning this thread now. it's so far off topic it's not funny, take shots at each other elsewhere.

(Lol, the politics and machinations of local clubs makes Soccer Australia's old guard look like wannabees! :p  Kev')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred