• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Aloisi hooked on Mariners

CCM-JAM80

Some positive news re: Aloisi, I for one (like many), really hope we can keep John for the next couple of seasons. I think securing The Premiership and qualifying for the Asian Champions League will go a long way to ensuring he remains a Mariner and our marquee player.

Aloisi hooked on Mariners
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

By David Davutovic

January 11, 2008 12:00am

PREMIERSHIP, Spanish, Scottish, Japanese and MLS clubs are bashing the door down for his services, but John Aloisi is set to remain with the Central Coast Mariners.

The league leaders will offer the striker the marquee position for the next two seasons either today or Monday, when the club's executive chairman Lyall Gorman is due to meet Aloisi's manager Paddy Dominguez.

At least two A-League clubs are waiting to swoop should the deal fall through, in addition to the overseas interest.

While the Socceroos striker had a burning desire to return overseas when he first returned, he is now settled here with his family and eager to continue lacing up the boots in the A-League.

The Mariners are aware of the kind of coin required to keep the in-form striker, who has scored six goals in 10 matches.

"If it was to come off, it would be a marquee position,'' Gorman revealed. "I know John wants to stay, his wife and family love it and he has a lot of respect for the club. So it's up to us to sit down and see whether we can construct the right deal.''

But lifestyle alone will not secure Aloisi's services. Dominguez confirmed that an offer had not yet been tabled. However Mariners owner Peter Turnbull said they were aware of what sort of deal required to secure his services long-term.

"Yes we do and we're very confident of retaining him,'' Turnbull said.

Tony Vidmar currently occupies the Mariners' marquee position and Gorman will commence talks with the defender within a week.

While Vidmar was initially leaning towards retiring, he is believed to be seriously considering playing on next season, particularly if close friend Aloisi re-signs.

If he plays on, Vidmar's new deal would be included in the salary cap as he would almost certainly pave the way for Aloisi to take on marquee status. Gorman said he was unsure which way Vidmar would go.

"It's up in the air, we haven't had the chance to sit down with Tony so we'll try and get clarity with what he wants to do. He's been an icon of Australian soccer and fantastic for us. So if he is to retire it has got to be managed appropriately, in conjunction with ourselves and FFA, because he should be recognised.

"But we certainly don't want to presume that (he will retire) and we have got to handle this with the maximum professionalism.''

northernspirit

interesting read, i think the time is right for Viddy to retire - he has been a great of the Australian game but he is so painfully slow now and he is clearly past his best now, best to go out on a high, particularly with the successful season we have enjoyed. He is a great role model and loyal player, but its time to move on IMO

bulldogmariner

JOHN ALOISI HAS TO BECOME OUR MARQUEE PLAYER NEXT SEASON AND THE CLUB AND BOARD UNDERSTAND THIS!!!!!!
I would hope if we can win the league Viddy may call it a day on Grand Final Day where the FFA and the Mariners can play tribute to this Australian icon. Viddy has been great for the club and would be great to work with the youth players coming through in the new Youth League next season. He deserves to go out on his own terms rather than being dropped which could happen if Laurie brings in players next season.

rosko

Aloisi is the best player in this League at the moment... It doesnt really come down to whether we can afford to keep him.. [glow=red,2,300]We cant afford to lose him.... [/glow]  :pirashoot:

Deej

With Peter Turnbull around he'll do everything he can to keep him......and I pray that we do!

At the Mariners Christmas picnic he spent 2 hours signing autographs, the queue was 50-100 metres long, and he had time to talk to everyone with a smile on his face, the guy is just perfect for the Coast.

On the field contribution speaks for itself, 6 goals in 10 games and he's got better every week!

uncleyellow

Like someone said previously, and we all agree..

rename Gosford in his honor.... and St huberts Island too!!   St John's island!!

Agree with DJ, his on field and off field contribution has been huge, in not even half a season.

Ted

At first, I was one of the sceptics when JA was announced as a Mariner. But he quickly laid any doubt to rest. He is consistently one of our best attacking players since pulling on the boots for CCM. He's always on the lookout to violate the back of the opponents net, either himself or via a team mate. But that is what a striker should be doing. It would be great to see him wearing the blue and yellow for as long as possible!

Omni

Hope Joel has fun in Asia next year ;)

Turnbull seems rather confident, I can't see JA going to another A-League club so it's if he wants to stay in Australia.

Jesus

Jesus
Omni said:
Hope Joel has fun in Asia next year ;)

Turnbull seems rather confident, I can't see JA going to another A-League club so it's if he wants to stay in Australia.

Joel will only be going on loan in the austraian offseason so as to be right for the roos matches

pjennings

pommypete said:
The best news would be Vidmar retiring.

That's not what the report said. If JA stays Viddy might stay another year. Since Viddy and Boogs together have been by far our best CB pairing I would say great to that. A backline like below would do me. 

Wilko---Boogs---Viddy---Heff

Unfortunately with injuries this year I don't think we have seen this at all

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred