• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A Net Scam

midfielder

For the last two weeks I keep getting an email from Australia Post saying their Courier called and I was out etc etc.

This a scam as AP never sends emails, I got my number 3 son who works in IT security to have a look at it for me and I don't know how but he went inside their email and tells me its out of Russia which can only be very bad.

The email has a couple of links you are asked to click to get information ... once you click the Russians have control of your computer and can see what you are doing...

Just sharing ...

dibo

I don't know how but he went inside their email and tells me its out of Russia which can only be very bad.

You can hover over links, and it will tell you where they point.

Case in point: Click here to receive lots of money. And Puppies.

You can hover over the link and see where it's actually pointing.

Just because something looks like an address doesn't mean it's pointing there.

E.G. It can be something disguised to look like an email like veryimportantperson@auspost.com.au or just a web address that points somewhere else like www.auspost.com.au.

Apply some commonsense and you'll be right.

Reactions: adz

MagpieMariner

Unfortunately some of our older brethren don't know these sorts of things and therefore get caught. I always make the comment "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."
My wife is one who's not fully IT savvy, but she refers anything she's not sure of to me. I'm afraid common sense isn't always the answer for these people. The answer for them is to phone the company concerned and ask if the email is legit. The other way, and probably the safest way, is to assume it's not.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Rule 1: Never follow an email link to login details. Never. There are some really good ones out there.

If you follow that rule, you don't need any other skills or knowledge. If it's an important message, it will appear when you log into your account or you'll be able to check your history.

I remember working at a Big 4 bank, and they actually did send a particular email with a link to something senseitive, can't remember if it was login details to something (think it might have been)....I couldn't believe just how stupid and dangerous that was. Encouraging customers that clicking an email link is safe...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami