• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-Leagues International Revenues

midfielder

Last year Fox announced they where broadcasting A-League highlights packages to 110 countries. More recently I read that the A-League was broadcast live to New Zealand, PNG, Timor, Indonesia, Malaysia & Singapore.

The Grand Final according to SBS was broadcast to maybe 79 million households http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/977842/Grand-final-goes-global  across Asia.

Socceroo internationals are gaining a following around Asia.

All which got me thinking How much is the overseas media deal worth

If countries take an hour highlights show for 31 weeks.. I assume this is on pay and replayed several times a week. At $ 100.00 per show (assume shown 5 times) that is $ 500.00 per week or $ 15, 500.00 per year.

This is where the figures get interesting.. 110 countries at $ 15, 500.00 per country is a whopping  $ 17, 050, 000.

Games are broadcast  live into to New Zealand, PNG, Timor, Indonesia, Malaysia & Singapore. Meaning broadcasting to an audience approaching 300 million how many watch who knows but one yes one percent is 3 million or just under the audience of the NRL & AFL grand finals.

This must be worth something, add the Socceroo games i.e. Australia V Japan in Australia is broadcast across Asiahow much countries pay again I have no idea.

Summary A-League Highlights are shown in 110 countries, to countries with combined populations of 300 million who take the A-League live, the Socceroos are watched across Asia, what is all this worth .

I have no idea what its worth but a mate who is a former employee of Fox told me it was big bucks, but gave no indication what big bucks was...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred