• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Spreadsheet

midfielder

Taken from YF site ... one of their posters has an excellent spreadsheet he has set up ... copied the post below ...

http://yellowfever.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9598

Prompted by Jason Pine (and taking advantage of the time afforded of being on an injury break from marathon training), I have now completed an A-League spreadsheet: www.michaelwray.co.nz/A-League-0910.zip

It has all the usual functions contained in one of my league sheets:
-  League tables and fixtures
- Cumulating points graph
- Changing positions graph
- Collective or individual results entry interface
- Strength of opposition & remaining opponents calculations
- Results grid with user definable highlighting
- Dynamic prediction engine*
- User predictions facility
- Dynamic team and division stats for season
- Form tables with user defined parameters
- All-time league head-to-head meetings
- Previous season league tables

As always, it's free and available to anyone who is interested.

*The historic data component for the prediction engine was of course empty for the Gold Coast and North Queensland teams, so I had to extrapolate a starting point from the A-League odds for those teams. Once we get to the end of August, the current form component should start to out-weigh the simplistic inputs of the odds. I may also have to tweak the weight of the previous fixture where a repeat occurs - not something my existing algorithm had to be concerned with.

This is the first time I've managed to convert the template to cope with leagues that use multiple home and/or multiple away meetings between teams in the same season. I've kept its functionality and look/feel consistent with the existing sheets. Now that I have such a system, there is a possibility of expanding coverage to some additional leagues that were previously deemed too hard. Not sure if I will find time to do that for 2009/10 - I will most likely see if the new template encounters any bugs during the course of this first application before doing more.

Any problems give me a shout (see www.michaelwray.co.nz).

It should work fine with Excel 2007 or prior. (Note if you have Excel 2000 or 97, you should be fine only if you are not on IE7 or above - IE7 breaks all but the simplest Office 2000 documents.)

Cheers,
Michael.

neverwozza

my bookie is shaking in his boots already!!

More timewasting at work. If only I wasn't self employed and someone else was paying me to muck around with these things.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred