• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-league advertising

Jesus

Jesus
Apart from the obvious problems, being there is not much around, does anyone think that the FFA is blundering advertising massively?

Apart from the fact that they spend too much money making a fancy add, which could be spent on actually showing an actual football add.

I mean why, given Elrich has hardly played in 2 seasons, and is not one who could be called a fan favourite, or even that recognisable to locals the face of our campaign?

Why not danny, or heff, or lawrie? Matty Simon?

I thought maybe this was an isolated thing until i read a 442 blog from perth, where they use jacob burns. Instead of local lads like harnwell or coyne, or even Socceroo Sterjovski who is surely very recognisable.

If they are going to use people as the face of the campaign, which to an extent i think is a good idea, why not use the most marketable familiar faces?

Where is the bilboard with Lawrie saying "I WANT YOU"

Thoughts?

FFC Mariner

Good radio spots for the scum v bling game on most scum radio stations today.

The centralised control of images/marketing is all well and good but you need local input to avoid the Elrich issue.

midfielder

Jesus

I think you are spot on ... the promotion of the A-League by FFA has not been a high point of the administration...

Kareem

come on guys
think about

Elrich is one of our highest paid players, played at the highest level ie. Socceroos and EPL
Mariners and/or FFA (would they have had any input?) purposely chose him because of that. They really had faith in him to come back straight away...the reality is he didnt! (and is now rotting towards an early retirement...shame this happens to only that select few Lawrie)
But theoretically the reasons said above make sense, and are perfectly understandable.

Should have been Hutch I suppose...thats my opinion, only because of his current status on the field, leadership wise (better than Wilko), and passion!
Danny wouldnt work simply cause he is a gk (sad but true)

marinermick

Kareem said:
Should have been Hutch I suppose...thats my opinion, only because of his current status on the field, leadership wise (better than Wilko), and passion!

was the hutcho the robot in season 2 and he spent most of the season injured

adz

Staff member
thought Mrdja would be more suited to being the robot, given his legendary pulse/woodies dance floor prowess... but hindsight is great hey :)

J

jiggles

Honestly...Danny would be the obvious choice. He's now been in a 'roos squad (even fi he didn't make it on the field...when he really should of), he's well known amongst the fans and isn't bad on the eyes for the ladies either...

Would prefer not Wilko, his face is everywhere. But I agree that cause Danny is a keeper, it probably won't work.

Please no Matty Simons...

Kareem

matty simon would be a massive FAIL! right now
fans everywhere are losing respect for him...from a fans favourite to everyone annoyed by his whining and so forth...hopefully he picks up his act, ecause i still have faith in him
(its more so attitude than performance)

curious

Kareem said:
fans everywhere are losing respect for him...from a fans favourite to everyone annoyed by his whining and so forth...hopefully he picks up his act, ecause i still have faith in him
The only people that would be aware of all those points would be those who jave attended or watched past games. They don't need targeting.

Who is the target of existing aleague adds? If it's football people, then most don't care for it enough to bother, so it's not working. If it's non football fans, ie new fans, then they wouldn't know a pig's bum from a donkey's ear re who is or isn't in the add. And it's not working.

People obviously don't want to hear that the principle reason you should attend an aleague game is to see  'a bigger game'. Forget this preoccupation with the bigger, world game hype. It ain't conning anyone, obviously. Sell the aleague game on it's own merits and show highlights of the most exciting goals, hardest tackles ect. If you want to sell a product, show the damned product you're trying to sell in it's best light, not some confusing cryptic fantasy devoid of product information. 

Jesus

Jesus
Have noticed on a few of the websites some printable A4 posters advertising games.

I think that this is a good idea, and about time that they tried to get a "street-team" type thing going.

How effective it is i have no idea, or how many people have printed out posters. Especially since it is a very high definition photo that would be very ink heavy. But could see it being successful in the future

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
curious said:
Kareem said:
The only people that would be aware of all those points would be those who jave attended or watched past games. They don't need targeting.

Who is the target of existing aleague adds? If it's football people, then most don't care for it enough to bother, so it's not working. If it's non football fans, ie new fans, then they wouldn't know a pig's bum from a donkey's ear re who is or isn't in the add. And it's not working.

People obviously don't want to hear that the principle reason you should attend an aleague game is to see  'a bigger game'. Forget this preoccupation with the bigger, world game hype. It ain't conning anyone, obviously. Sell the aleague game on it's own merits and show highlights of the most exciting goals, hardest tackles ect. If you want to sell a product, show the damned product you're trying to sell in it's best light, not some confusing cryptic fantasy devoid of product information. 

+1 . I want the local football playing kids bringing their parents to the game. There are thousands playing up here each weekend in winter. Where are they? Many do come, many don't.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Jesus said:
Have noticed on a few of the websites some printable A4 posters advertising games.

I think that this is a good idea, and about time that they tried to get a "street-team" type thing going.

How effective it is i have no idea, or how many people have printed out posters. Especially since it is a very high definition photo that would be very ink heavy. But could see it being successful in the future

Sort of thing I do when I see able bodied drivers with no permit parking in designated disabled parking spots. I have a stack of printed up A5s, not so politely telling them how selfish they are, to stick under their wipers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred