• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League 22/23 season

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Surely has to be told to have a look again at it.

didnt get him with his high leg like it looked in real time it was the trailing leg which was on the ground and not studs up

terrible decision. Almost felt sorry for AU if they hadn’t stitched us up to many times before

Looked to me like he got him with his high leg.
Even if not...that would've only missed him by inches. Come in with studs at knee height, asking for a red.
And the left leg - studs came back up after he kicked the ball. So, 2 feet, 1 at knee height, both studs raised...yeah, it's a red.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

can some with a better understanding of the rules .explain why this is no goal.
they say it's for encroachment . i don't understand what they mean or why it's no goal .
Law 13 - Free Kicks:

If, when a free kick is taken, an attacking team player is less than 1 m (1 yd) from a ‘wall’ formed by three or more defending team players, an indirect free kick is awarded

All players know this - the 1 yard wall was brought in a few years back, though it was mainly to stop the problems that come up with the jostling at a wall. It's the correct decision.

turbo

Hiroshi Ibusuki's red card has been overturned.
My understanding of the criteria used for rescinding a red card was there had to be no offence worthy of even a yellow card and it was a very difficult level to reach especially in the VAR era. Things like mistaken identity, getting tricked by simulation, etc.. Rightly or wrongly that was the bar and that was that. Now they've backflipped on something that could have been a yellow what does that say and how do they apply consistency to it?

IMO this says a lot about our officials and none of it is positive. Are they going to cave to pressure? Treat star players with kid gloves? Where's the spine and leadership? Where's the accountability? They've opened pandora's box now and it can only lead to more inconsistency..

pjennings

My understanding of the criteria used for rescinding a red card was there had to be no offence worthy of even a yellow card and it was a very difficult level to reach especially in the VAR era. Things like mistaken identity, getting tricked by simulation, etc.. Rightly or wrongly that was the bar and that was that. Now they've backflipped on something that could have been a yellow what does that say and how do they apply consistency to it?

IMO this says a lot about our officials and none of it is positive. Are they going to cave to pressure? Treat star players with kid gloves? Where's the spine and leadership? Where's the accountability? They've opened pandora's box now and it can only lead to more inconsistency..
TBH Caceres should have been on a card for a myriad of tackles before he was tackled. I wasn't paying attention and saw him on the ground and thought someone had tried to pay him back.

As it was I think it was lucky to be a foul yet alone a yellow or a red. Caceres was way late to the action and went looking for contact and then made the most of it.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

This is the same judiciary that thinks slipping into somebody warrants 3 weeks, while a leaping studs-first kick to the face is 2.

Usually the judiciary take longer into the season to show what a farce they are. They've outdone themselves.

Not to mention, the FA have literally come out and publicly apologised for red cards we've received in the past while choosing to uphold them.

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
And there is why Arzani won't be going to the world cup. Tries for goal from a set piece when it should have been a cross. Selfish.

Charlie1

I don’t care but I would be blowing up if it happened to us. Definitely no penalty and definitely not a red. VAR is a joke helped us today but seriously I would rather cop a bad decision from a ref who has a split second to make a call then a bad decision from a idiot who is watching replays slow motion and still gets it wrong

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami