• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

60 minutes

bjw

bjw
On right now- A story about the battling 'footy codes'

Would you believe me if I told you there was no mention of Football... only NRL and AFL.... :eek:

My hatred of the Media's bias towards football continues.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
mark geyer was saying its time to got to war cause the AFL are encroaching on NRL heartlands....keiran jack from the swans reckons quitting rugby league was the best thing he ever did....and Gallop says the NRL isn't worried that much ( after saying that 9 clubs are in the shitehouse virtually)....and all the parents they talked to says AFL is the best game the kids ever played.....BUT....not one opinion/statement/geust from or an interview by A-league/FFA...how'd that happen???

just an asides...all my neices/nephews etc down at bargo all play AFL/auskick or soccer...and my family were hardcore league players/fans growing up (except me. but i always was the rebel;)

FFC Mariner

I saw this and wasnt too bothered that Ch9 maintained their distain of real football.

AFL will win out over NRL as they have the $$ and the will to destroy them.

It will take years for football to become the preeminent code in Australia and we are already pulling away from Rugby with RL next victim.

if (and its only my opinion) the ranking is AFL,NRL,Football and then rugby, we are only concerned at this stage with getting to No2. If the AFL/NRL war weakens NRL for us - great.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I with ya Greenie,

those other three can fight to the death as far as I'm concerned, I mean apart from Super 14's Union is knackered, you can, quite reasonably guesstimate that in the long run its gonna be between us and the AFL.

I was talkin about the story to MrsRecky after it was done ( and she is a Roosters tragic), she said that the NRL are pricing themselves outta the contest, what with ticket prices(1 adult/2 kids at bluetongue + munchies $125 total), merchandise
($170 bucks for a jersey..and every club has about 6 designs..THEY ARE KIDDING RIGHT) as long as the A-league dont get crazy and 1/2 panic...we should quite convingcly kick the NRL's backsides...BUT....wasnt the BON JOVI story a cracker afterwards...:)

Jesus

Jesus
I think that league is in big trouble. The downfall of league would be great for football, as well as rule out any future need to challenge afl.

mustapha_beer

RECKY said:
BUT....wasnt the BON JOVI story a cracker afterwards...:)

Not a fan of Bon Jovi, but loved the guy's quote:

"I haven't had a bad year since the doctor smacked me on the ass!"......damn near choked on my kiev!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred