• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2015/16 Other A-League Games

VicMariner

Adelaide United vs Melbourne City

City's new player Bruno Fornaroli is looking like the signing of the season so far.

JoyfulPenguin

Fornaroli seems to be a hell of a player probably the best striker in the league at the moment. Been really disappointed with Mate Dugandzic it doesn't seem like he will ever get back to where he was before he broke his leg...

MagpieMariner

Or Phil Moss is Arnie without money. Let's not forget we were dire under Arnie just before he left us. I think we made 3rd that year in spite of Arnie & Mossy.

dibo

Or Phil Moss is Arnie without money. Let's not forget we were dire under Arnie just before he left us. I think we made 3rd that year in spite of Arnie & Mossy.
Partly because winning is a habit. So is losing. A team can change very little about their personnel or play, but still get into a pattern of results. That's because the game is played in the head just as much as with the feet.

We didn't change much for Arnie to Moss, if anything we got more attacking and flexible, but the pace of play was so slow and confidence so low that it just didn't work at all, so we scored less and shipped more than ever.

That's largely about attitude.

Look at us now. We're not winning regularly yet, but we're challenging and you can see the results around the corner. We're learning a new style and developing a new attitude - I mix in a pretty broad circle, football-wise, and everyone who watches the A-League is excited about what the Mariners are doing, even if the wins aren't coming yet.

Against Brisbane I think we were outclassed, but I think we were better against both City and Sydney than the scoreline suggests and we're improving week-by-week.

Soon enough (perhaps tomorrow!) we're going to spank someone and we'll have some mojo to go with the gusto. The main thing is that when it comes, it won't be by accident. And in our players' heads, they'll know that there's a way to play and we'll be rewarded for it.

MagpieMariner

Already after 20 mins, the Scum v Drivebys are more interesting than the whole game last night. We will have trouble with both of these teams this season.

Forum Phoenix

Missed the first 20 mins, but in the second 20 they've both been mostly awful. So here was I thinking we're better than these sides. But some real quality in the last 5 odd minutes or so form both sides. Birighitti is having a blinder.

So on balance I still prefer our "potential" though both have better defence than us.

From what I've seen so far this season, it's Roar... some daylight.. then MV... then closely behind City, Scum, and us with not a lot I can see between us three at this stage but I think we can definitely beat both... then SCF (Which probably doesn't make sense to most, but that's how I see it - think they've been rubbish for the most part). Then Wanderers, Perth, AU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred