• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014 - Local Transfers, Signings, Retirements.

Pokes

Since it feels like forever since our last outdoor match, may as well start talking about it now!

Where are you playing in 2014? Have you managed to recruit any superstars? Anyone gone into retirement? Transferred to another club?

I'll still be at Kariong WAA6 (considering Coach Mick still wants me, haha)....looking forward to the season starting already though!

priorpeter

Gosford MAA2 secured the coup of the season so far, bringing Pokes' fiance out of retirement. Time to teach him how to properly #FlyingPrior

hilly1981

Woongarrah MAA for me again in 2014. My brother is also signing with us so looking forward to a good year. If we can avoid the injury curse of 2013 we should be pressing for a top 4 berth.

T

Quote="priorpeter, post: 187028, member: 44"]Gosford MAA2 secured the coup of the season so far, bringing Pokes' fiance out of retirement. Time to teach him how to properly #FlyingPrior[/quote]
With Poke's fiancé being recruited for MAA2s Kariong WAA6 have just announced a new assistant coach. They have big shoes to fill

Breckie

Hi Guys,
I'm moving to the Central Coast in January 2014. I'll be looking for a club to play for. Would be great to get in contact with a club that is looking for a goalkeeper. In 2013 I played in the Queensland National Premier League competition with the team FNQ Heat FC.
Ideally I would like to play at a similar level of competition in 2014 and also be part of a club that has aspirations to achieve success both on and off the pitch and put back into the community and have a solid football philosophy in place at the club, similar to what I have been a part of in the past.
If anyone is able give me some information with regards to clubs and competitions and looking for a keeper etc, it would be greatly appreciated so that I can get involved and continue with pre-season training as soon as I arrive. Cheers. Looking forward to the move south and hearing from someone.

Breckie

Hi Yoda,
Will be moving in January around 10th. Partner has a job at the entrance, and I'll be looking for a teaching job at a school. We are in the process of looking for a place to move to. Maybe terrigal or anywhere I guess.
Any tips?

Yoda

Hi Breckie

Both Killarney and Berkeley Vale are strong in all three grades in local Premier League, not sure of their keeper requirements. Terrigal has strong juniors but it doesn't seem to translate to their senior program, pretty sure they'll be in First Division not Premier League. Anyway, if you get a gig at Killarney, Berkeley, Wyoming or Budgewoi you'll be on the right track.

BTW, what do you teach?? There is a startup football orientated school for Y3 - 11 at Kariong (just out of Gosford), there may be an opportunity there???

Pokes

Hi Breckie! Welcome to the coast :)

All depends on the kind of lifestyle you're after. Terrigal is nice, but I personally couldn't deal with the shocking traffic in summer when it's full of tourists etc.

Places like Shelly Beach are lovely too! Near the beach, not too busy, but still have the suburb feel, very quiet streets etc. And not too far a drive to the Entrance!

Good luck with getting a teaching job, my fiance is a High School teacher on the coast too :)

Breckie

Thanks for all the info guys. Greatly appreciated!! I'll try getting in contact with those clubs and see which ones might be looking for a keeper. I should be down there in about 10 days and looking forward to getting involved with a team and training.

My teaching area is HPE and working at a football school would be pretty awesome. I'll be getting in touch with them.

Looking forward to the move south and may come across you guys down there, so be sure to say hi. If you happen to hear of any keeper vacancies, let me know. Cheers.

Yoda

There may be some forced retirements in local football this year. For myself, wife and 3 kids to play, registration fees will be near on $1250.00 plus match fees.

Breckie

Yep a keeper.

In 2013 I picked up the the clubs 'players player award' and also selected in the Qld NPL supporters team of the year, which was pretty cool. My club did up this little video for the presentation evening. A bit cheesy. Haha.

style_cafe

Hi Breckie,
Welcome to the Coast,I hope you enjoy your stay here.
From the looks of the video you might be better off having a go with the Mariners Super league side.
They play all over Sydney so theres a lot of travel involved.
Give Brett Scrine a ring at the Mariners office.
If you just want to play locally then Yoda`s advice is pretty sound.

Breckie

Thanks for all the help guys. Greatly appreciated.
Cheers style_cafe, I'll get in contact with Brett. Away games in Sydney wouldn't be too bad. Last season our closest away game was a 5 hour bus ride to Townsville and our furtherest away trip was a 2.5 hour flight to the Gold Coast!
Thanks again everyone, I'm sure I'll come across you guys at some stage during football on the Central Coast.

Breckie

Yeah all good. Been training with the academy squad which has been good and gk session with jess which was quality.
Had a couple of session at a local premier league club before the academy started up, which was surprisingly fairly disappointing though.
Keen to get to the mariners game tomorrow. Should be a cracker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb