• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2010 Northern NSW NBN State League

md

Our club - Valentine Phoenix FC, plays out of Belmont on the eastern side of Lake Macquarie. We have teams in the NBN State League for Men and The Herald Premier League for Women. In 2009 our First Grade side finished second in the Premiership and runners up in the Grand Final  :(

We have over 1,000 players in the club ( the juniors play as Valentine Eleebana) with  numbers coming from the Central Coast to play in our local A grade sides.

If there are any players interested in playing at a reasonable semi-professional level without having to go to Sydney - you are very welcome to contact our First Grade Coach for a trial. PM me for his contact information!

Cheers!

voice of reason

FFC Mariner said:
Scum.

Yuk

It might be 'scum' territory, but a growing number of players from the Central Coast are choosing NNSW Football over Central Coast Football teams and FootballNSW State League teams.  The football is of a good standard, the stadiums for NBN fixtures are all State League standard, the fees are less than half (Lightning's fees are over a grand!) and the Bull$hlt is absent....and if you're good enough, you might get picked up by a scout for an ALeague team!

Gen (MarinerMum)

Son playing in state league with a team of coast kids.  U18's.
Also after treatment of central coast lightning selection farce gone north with a good structure and no phobia about elite teams playing in top competitions.  Sydney teams don't want project 22.  Time to get over it  They seem far more progressive than Sydney and coast.  Nice change.
Hope season goes well for both kids playing there.

Seems also that development manager has balls.  Nice change

ccf

MarinerMum what team has gained a lot of the coast boys - seems coast is losing boys to local and newcastle, hope the new board can get the coast back on track!

offtheball

ccf said:
MarinerMum what team has gained a lot of the coast boys - seems coast is losing boys to local and newcastle, hope the new board can get the coast back on track!

I hear the broom has been taken out of the closet.

Few vacant car spots at Pluim.

Good to see the new director is not all talk.

marinermick

offtheball said:
ccf said:

while people losing jobs is not a good thing the rationalisation of three jobs will save a lot of money

with the mariners taking over high perfomance and the canteen being contracted out, the CCF can focus on its core business of running comps

masmariner

marinermick said:
offtheball said:
ccf said:

while people losing jobs is not a good thing the rationalisation of three jobs will save a lot of money

with the mariners taking over high perfomance and the canteen being contracted out, the CCF can focus on its core business of running comps

Rationalisation of jobs is a good thing, why contract out the canteen wont that lose the CCF a lot of income. ?

marinermick

masmariner said:
marinermick said:
offtheball said:
ccf said:

Rationalisation of jobs is a good thing, why contract out the canteen wont that lose the CCF a lot of income. ?

not if the wages and outlays of the canteen exceed revenue coming in

in this way they can get a fee for the contract and not worry about the day to day running of the canteen

as i said, food delivery is not their core business and they can get to the task of running comps and the rep teams as well as they can

FFC Mariner

The dude with the coffee van is a good idea - way better than canteen coffee which tends to be international roast in a styrofoam cup.

FFC Mariner

I think you still have to take your own beer/special coke or (like the couple I saw last season at CCL), blankets over the knees and a bottle, glasses and wine cooler.

Gen (MarinerMum)

Well the NBN state League comp kicked off last weekend. 
JD's team U18's drew their first game against Hamilton Olympic who were last years champions.  They had a number of injuries however the boys continued to hang in their for 80 minutes. 

The NNSW comp has U16 Emerging Athletes playing in the U18's comp and the NNSWIS team in the U23's.  It was a great display of football by the institute side.  Our U23's got smashed however, the U18's lost 2-0 (I think that was score).

Wednesday First grade will be playing in the Solo State Cup against Barnsley Snr (whoever they are).  I'm hoping their is an improvement on the game Monday 0-5 thrashing.  They can only get better I hope.  Winner of this game goes through to the next round. 

Unfortunately to get any comments on this comp, I have to leave the coast and go on the scum forum. Although, I've not joined only reading at the moment, listening to what is going on.

Had to laugh though, on Monday here are all these coast parents collecting and meeting bogans and bogan's coach's taking their money.  Could have let air out of some tyres (if only I behaved badly - I guess it's a bit like fish "ripping a flair")

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred