• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

100 up for McKinna

FFC Mariner

Gaffer reaches his 100th game tonight against GCU. Notwithstanding any views on selections/subs/tactics etc This is a great achievement.

Reading the quote below puts a lot of things into perspective.

Well done that man

This from the offal site:

"In 100 games weve achieved a lot. Getting a good supporter base up straight away, weve been reasonably successful, obviously we would have liked to have won the two grand finals but weve made two Grand Finals, won a Pre-Season Cup, won a Minor Premiership, qualified for Asia.

"Weve done a lot in the four-and-a-bit seasons with a lot to be proud of and Im certainly very proud of what Ive done and other people (have done). Everybodys worked hard to establish us as one of the best teams in the A-League.

"When I came up here in March 2005 it was still a Rugby League town, now you come up here on match day and its Yellow and Blue flags, balloons and everything, and to change it around and get a supporter base, which is not just football people, its Central Coast people, is very satisfying.

"Were competing against all the big clubs, and I think what weve achieved with a low budget is testament to all the people involved in the club that we are competitive on and off the field.

"The odds are stacked against us in a small area, but crowd wise per-head weve blitzed it in, and sponsorship, and what weve achieved on the field as well, its very satisfying to know we are competing against a team with a lot more money, and competing well against them, McKinna said.

Arabmariner

+1

Probably a hardcore support now of around 5,000 odd ?

From f**k all in a RL dominated area 4 or 5 years ago is a good effort.

MagpieMariner

I wonder how many of the hardcore supporters are converts from other codes?
When I first came to live on the Coast 4 years ago, I wouldn't have given you 2 bob for a ticket to the "soccer". After being nagged by my daughter and especially by my son-in-law to go see a game or two, I became hooked. The atmosphere at BT, the enthusiasm of the players, the style of the team really got me in. Now I wear the colours, I've got a season ticket, and tonight I'll be at the match instead of staying home watching my beloved Collingwood (I've been a supporter for 50 years and a Magpie all my life) fight out a prelim final. Those of you who've always been football fans wouldn't understand how big a change that is, but I bet I'm not alone, there will be many converts like me out there.

Sym

lolz

this post will probs make me look like an idiot..., but how has he just reached 100 games whereas Hutcho reached it a few games back ?

scottmac

Suspended
Sym said:
lolz

this post will probs make me look like an idiot..., but how has he just reached 100 games whereas Hutcho reached it a few games back ?

+1

Good question, no immediate obvious answer to me. That doesnt mean there isn't one though.

Marquee

I think it's Lawrie's 100th official HAL/ACL match, wheres Hutch has played in trials, friendlies, pre-season games and Asian Champions League, which accumulate to the 100.

RobC

scottmac said:
Sym said:
lolz

+1

Good question, no immediate obvious answer to me. That doesnt mean there isn't one though.

Wasnt Lawrie in Scotland for a couple of weeks during 1 season?

promdi442

RobC said:
scottmac said:
Sym said:
lolz

+1

Similarly hasnt Hutch been suspended for yellow card offences a few times?? as well as having the knee reconstruction. So agree with the original question how did Hutch beat Lawrie to 100  ???  ???

marinermick

RobC said:
scottmac said:
Sym said:
lolz

+1

thought that was fergie

Omni

I am intregued as to what 100 games it is? HAL/ACL/PSC? Might have to do some adding.

It was Fergie who went back to Scotland, I can't think of a game McKinna hasn't been at though.

bulldogmariner

It was the clubs 100th A-League fixture including finals. There was 25 games season 1, 21 season 2, 24 season 3 and 23 season 4. This adds up to 93 plus 7 games this season is 100.

Omni

Well done bulldog, I was about to crack into the maths for it all. I figured it must be close to 100 HAL games by now.

BAD BULLZ

So which matches are counted for a player to recieve there 100th?

I would've thought any mariners match that went towards accumilating hutchs 100th would count for lawrie?

Anyway well done LM

Omni

100 for McKinna = 100 A-League games

100 games for Hutcho = 100 games.

At least that's what I imagine

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members