• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

10 Year Grand Final Win Anniversary

LFCMariners

AND, then came the Code (which showed up on you tube in my suggestions yesterday) , so we could re-live the year at home in the comfort of our loungerooms
I re-watched that whole series a few days ago. The beginning of the GF episode where they're talking about the GF in Brisbane and Kwas mentions Henrique running past him in ET going "Game over, well done" and Kwas responding with "Game's not over yet!" had me looking at the TV like ?

As the saying goes "Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake". If it was somebody like Corica or Archie, they would've nodded at Henrique and then beamed inside, knowing "We've GOT them".

And that for me sums up the difference between CCM and the big clubs, in that moment. There was still this sense of "Underdog battlers punching above their weight and just lucky to be here", instead of a "F**k the Roar/ SFC/ Victory etc we'll take anybody by the scruff of the neck" ruthlessness that this club needed to take that last step. I'm of the view that Orange Sunday Pt. 1 was a turning point in the club's history, and our expectations as a supporter base have been on a different level ever since.

If only Kwassie could've kept his mouth shut...

Big Al

Moved to the coast that year and started following immediately.

Arrived to GF in my Hyundai to find a special area just for Hyundai’s and it was free. That was the sign we were going to win.

I am now 1 for 1 and don’t know any of this pain you talk of.

Think Shinji was not prepared for what a GF means and wasn’t allowed to have an impact as well.

Still some know how Sterj didn’t score early in the game

Watching the wanderer fans loosing their expensive beers after McBreen goal was super sweet

FFC Mariner

I re-watched that whole series a few days ago. The beginning of the GF episode where they're talking about the GF in Brisbane and Kwas mentions Henrique running past him in ET going "Game over, well done" and Kwas responding with "Game's not over yet!" had me looking at the TV like ?

As the saying goes "Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake". If it was somebody like Corica or Archie, they would've nodded at Henrique and then beamed inside, knowing "We've GOT them".

And that for me sums up the difference between CCM and the big clubs, in that moment. There was still this sense of "Underdog battlers punching above their weight and just lucky to be here", instead of a "F**k the Roar/ SFC/ Victory etc we'll take anybody by the scruff of the neck" ruthlessness that this club needed to take that last step. I'm of the view that Orange Sunday Pt. 1 was a turning point in the club's history, and our expectations as a supporter base have been on a different level ever since.

What madness. None of that happened

marinermick

Fan fiction

gemkayem

I was watching at The Beery in Terrigal, place was packed, everyone was watching the game; even non football fans. Place absolutely went off. Actually one of the best nights I’ve ever had at the beery haha

Wombat

Probably the best day of my sport following life. Still get happy tears when I see both goals. Took my partner (at the time had only been together 1 year) to what was her first ever football match that day. She still teases me to this day for openly crying tears of utter joy at full time with 10k other fans. Don’t think I slept for almost 3 days afterwards.
Coincidentally that was also the first year Kwas and Porter were my coaches and Patty Tatum my manager so had the privilege of hearing all the celebration stories and seeing kwas’s medal the following week. He also correctly picked the score at training a few days before the match.
I saw plenty of tears that day. I found Recky and his Mrs after the mayhem when we were waiting for the trophy presentation. We were chatting like excited schoolgirls and then Dave teared up.....i said are you crying son?.... and gave him a cuddle, 100% impressed by the emotion and honesty.
Next thing my lot wander down to the fence and there are plenty of people with wet eyes. I was totally surprised at the palpable feeling of relief after losing three GF's already (Sydney we were the better team, Newcastle the FFA stooge robbed us, Brisbane, the FFA stooge robbed us).
It was an amazing day.
Recky has a photo of me and him after the game looking shell shocked and tired. (tbf i have consumed ALOT of beer).
EDIT....I see Dave has posted it already....now you can put a face to the big mouth lol.

Last edited:

style_cafe

That was my 3rd grandfinal.
I met my youngest son there,as he had to come from the other side of the city.
Caught the train in alone from Gosford and tagged along with a few supporters I met on the way.
A few beers near Central then caught a bus up and a few more beers at Fox studios.
It was an amazing feeling of meeting other supporters and chatting and the growing apprehension as the KO got closer .

My youngest son arrived and the banter started. ( he was at that time a WSW supporter).

Once we scored the first goal the euphoria started growing but when Macca scored the second it was like the best day of my life all over again.
I ended up walking back to Central along with half of WSW just to soak it all up.
the WSW supporters were fantastic with many of them congratulating me on the win.
By the time I got to Central I was feeling like i`d played a full game and had a winners trophy around my neck... :popcorn:

FFC Mariner

I saw plenty of tears that day. I found Recky and his Mrs after the mayhem when we were waiting for the trophy presentation. We were chatting like excited schoolgirls and then Dave teared up.....i said are you crying son?.... and gave him a cuddle, 100% impressed by the emotion and honesty.
Next thing my lot wander down to the fence and there are plenty of people with wet eyes. I was totally surprised at the palpable feeling of relief after losing three GF's already (Sydney we were the better team, Newcastle the FFA stooge robbed us, Brisbane, the FFA stooge robbed us).
It was an amazing day.
Recky has a photo of me and him after the game looking shell shocked and tired. (tbf i have consumed ALOT of beer).
EDIT....I see Dave has posted it already....now you can put a face to the big mouth lol.
2 losing grand finals

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred