• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sydney FC Away 22nd Jan

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Two things occur...glad Miller has been flicked and if NizMonsta can’t score against the Scum then slotting one (or possibly two) past the Smurfs will do me just fine

Forum Phoenix

The hate on Miller after 3 sub appearances so far and after everyone frothed at the mouth over him last season is astounding
I reckon this is a fair call. Maybe we’ve become harsher over past seasons of crap. Or maybe it’s eaten away all our patience watching us forced to rely on youth who weren’t ready so now we have zero patience left... But we do have a habit of jumping on young players on here when form dips or they make mistakes - where everyone knows (or should know) youth are nearly always going to be hot and cold and the only real cure for this is time and experience.

Look at Rowles, Ruon and Stens. Copped plenty of shit after bad games or errors, which is fine, but many projected from that as defining their lack of ability and of a future, but now they are all looking like real forces and crucial players for us. It’s a lot of things, but no doubt time is the most important.

Miller was poor but way too early to start writing him off. And pretty shit of us really. But, that said, forum for opinions, so each to their own.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Re Miller ...sure he was grouse last year ...but somethings gone sideways over the off season...so why shouldn’t he get barked at ( in the nicest possible way) ?

Michael

I’d like to see Urena start and play at least 45. He seems to be the one slightly ahead in fitness over the Serb and Janota who I think will be on the bench for cameo’s.
I wouldn’t be starting Simmo.
And I think once Urena is up to proper speed we could see a very slight formation change with one striker dropping into #10 which honestly shouldn’t affect our excellent defensive block at all. But should help create chances for Urena whilst also accomodating Janota and the Serbian lad.

style_cafe

I’d like to see Urena start and play at least 45. He seems to be the one slightly ahead in fitness over the Serb and Janota who I think will be on the bench for cameo’s.
And I think once Urena is up to proper speed we could see a very slight formation change with one striker dropping into #10 which honestly shouldn’t affect our excellent defensive block at all. But should help create chances for Urena whilst also accomodating Janota and the Serbian lad.
I`d be starting Simmo for sure,knowing he can do a really good shift for us.
Picking his strike partner might be the hardest decision to make though,but it will probably be Kuol
Urena will replace him about 10mins into the second half,with Boumann coming on for Kuol but playing more like a 10 to get Urena on for the shot.
It`ll be interesting to see who finishes in the RB role though. I thought Nigro was really impressive in the first few games and deserves to stay on if he`s not gassed.
The Clisby/Rowles duel with Grant should be a cracker though

turbo

The hate on Miller after 3 sub appearances so far and after everyone frothed at the mouth over him last season is astounding
Pile on is a bit much but dropping him is fair when we saw what others were putting in. Hopefully its not a Fox situation and he cops it, knuckles down and comes back better for it. Mistakes are one thing for young players but not giving 100% is harder to forgive if its a recurring issue.

I dont think we have an option but I also expect this to be a more disciplined affair. Simon knows these guys, he's not going to be trying to send a message to Ninko or Wilkinson like he was with Ziggy. I'm still expecting us to press and fight but without the venom we saw on Tuesday.

I'm a little worried about how we'll fare with Buhagiar & Kosta's speed. Hopefully Rowles and Tongyik are ready for it.

Ironbark

We need to approach this the way we did the Cows. Defend, defend and counter.

Simon is great for targeting, holding up and/or heading the ball down. If we start Simon/Kuol as expected I'd sub Urena for Kuol as I believe Urena will be our best anticipator and take advantage of these opportunities from Simon. Bouman on for Simon later.

I think we'll see Urena's best when playing off Nis/DDS/Ollie

Michael

Re Miller ...sure he was grouse last year ...but somethings gone sideways over the off season...so why shouldn’t he get barked at ( in the nicest possible way) ?

nothing has gone sideways for him IMO
He’s hit the gym with Stens and they’ve both filled out but stayed light and agile. Nigro is being given the chance to stake a claim has done okay which is fair.
Miller is clearly held in high esteem by staj because who else would do a RB sub 3 games in a row? He’s trying to keep him sharp and letting him know he’s still in with a shout to be a regular.
Having said all of that, I still firmly believe Miller is a CB playing RB. He played the entirety of his youth football for us as a CB with Glasso.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami