• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2020-2021

turbo

Buhagiar/Kuol
I would not want to see Trent as our primary striker. He might have picked up a couple of goals with Sydney but most of his attention came through a desperate nix side pushing for an equaliser. It’s a situation we couldn’t rely on and we’re yet to see what else he has up his sleeve at that level. Ivanovic or Trent will get a chance to partner Kosta upfront in their ACL campaign. A good performance there might change my mind.

jacobsfl

I would not want to see Trent as our primary striker. He might have picked up a couple of goals with Sydney but most of his attention came through a desperate nix side pushing for an equaliser. It’s a situation we couldn’t rely on and we’re yet to see what else he has up his sleeve at that level. Ivanovic or Trent will get a chance to partner Kosta upfront in their ACL campaign. A good performance there might change my mind.
I was under the impression he plays his best football out wide.

Forum Phoenix

Nizzy over De Silva for me

Thoroughly agree.

Football intelligence / decision making, wins over flare 99 times out of a hundred. Nizzy proves you don't have to be the biggest, fastest or trickiest. Players obviously need enough skill/proficiency for their position at the level they're at. And we've had more than our fair share of players who haven't. But once that box is at least reasonably ticked, doing the right thing at the right time is the most valuable thing any player can do. Second only to not doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Players like De silva have high skill level, but struggle to consistently do the right thing at the right time. We've had several like this in key creative and attacking positions in recent years. Then we've had several in attacking and defensive positions who often do the wrong thing at the wrong time. The net result of the first is you typically fail to capitalise on any good work. The net result of the second is you gift other teams territory, possession and goals. The net result of either, let alone both, is you lose a shit load of games. Even ones where you're out playing your opponent.

I can't remember ever watching a championship winning side play without some form of unified intelligence and spirit. Even at park level. For the body to function properly, each part has to do it's job. Then we say thing like they have a great understanding, work as a team etc.. This imo is more important than any given system a coach does or does not choose. A football game is comprised of so many decisions, many other games are simpler. So imo you need a good balance of players, especially in your spine who consistently play smart.

Winning or losing, players like Nisbet in your side make the team more functional and the whole team plays better as a result. Players like Ollie too for that matter. Which is why i'm so happy to have him home.

Enough with the Hoole's, De silvas, Kennedy's, Mellings and Appiah's... we need game smart, reliable players, like Ollie, Nisbet. Birra, and I'd put Ziggy in there too... God what I wouldn't give for another Danny Mc Breen upfront, such an intelligent footballer who consistently made good decisions. Much like Wilko and Dutchy at the back or Monty or Gumps in the middle. All so mentally strong and dependable. So that's what I'd like to see more of to support our young talent next season... Till then...

Living in hope.

Last edited:

Insertnamehere

Thoroughly agree.

Football intelligence / decision making, wins over flare 99 times out of a hundred. Nizzy proves you don't have to be the biggest, fastest or trickiest. Players obviously need enough skill/proficiency for their position at the level they're at. And we've had more than our fair share of players who haven't. But once that box is at least reasonably ticked, doing the right thing at the right time is the most valuable thing any player can do. Second only to not doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Players like De silva have high skill level, but struggle to consistently do the right thing at the right time. We've had several like this in key creative and attacking positions in recent years. Then we've had several in attacking and defensive positions who often do the wrong thing at the wrong time. The net result of the first is you typically fail to capitalise on any good work. The net result of the second is you gift other teams territory, possession and goals. The net result of either, let alone both, is you lose a shit load of games. Even ones where you're out playing your opponent.

I can't remember ever watching a championship winning side play without some form of unified intelligence and spirit. Even at park level. For the body to function properly, each part has to do it's job. Then we say thing like they have a great understanding, work as a team etc.. This imo is more important than any given system a coach does or does not choose. A football game is comprised of so many decisions, many other games are simpler. So imo you need a good balance of players, especially in your spine who consistently play smart.

Winning or losing, players like Nisbet in your side make the team more functional and the whole team plays better as a result. Players like Ollie too for that matter. Which is why i'm so happy to have him home.

Enough with the Hoole's, De silvas, Kennedy's, Mellings and Appiah's... we need game smart, reliable players, like Ollie, Nisbet. Birra, and I'd put Ziggy in there too... God what I wouldn't give for another Danny Mc Breen upfront, such an intelligent footballer who consistently made good decisions. Much like Wilko and Dutchy at the back or Monty or Gumps in the middle. All so mentally strong and dependable. So that's what I'd like to see more of to support our young talent next season... Till then...

Living in hope.
Welcome, I've been fuelling the niz train for like 3 seasons. Everyone is welcome aboard now we're ready for take off

turbo

Not quite. A DDS upgrade.
The journo, and previously the club, were pretty specific in saying they have a replacement for Murray. I don’t think the player you are referring to and the one I was expecting we would see next fits that description so maybe it’s someone else?

edit: maybe the club didn’t directly say it was a Muzz replacement, could have been a third party so nevermind if I’ve got that mixed up.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred