• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The official all-purpose trolling bogan scum thread

turbo

Do we really want the Jets to go down the gurgler?We are not safe ourselves yet and wanting another club,particularly another provincial club,to fall over is not good for the A-League and Australian football.If the Jets fold no more F3 derby and the crowd of supporters they usually bring down.

We should want to repay some of the horrendous score lines seen in recent years but if they were to fold it’s a bad outcome for us. The derby is the only game that fans travel for. Sydney and WSW just don’t bring numbers like the Jets.

I would expect to see the jets sell or Lee be stripped of the license this season unless he starts funding again.

Also glass houses and throwing stones and all that..

shipwreck

Im no WSW fan but Jesus that’s weak. Recruit your own team ffs.
Agree. Players play for coaches these days and coaches are easier to steal apparently.....

PFA has alot to answer for when they actively forbid transfer fees, but let players get away with wriggling out of contracts. You can't have it both ways, either a contract is a contract or you let both sides be compensated.

midfielder

Puts on helmet.

The jerks are our derby game our neighbour and the team aside from SFC I wanta beat the most..

Equally I understand that the Newcastle / Hunter is a football heartland and football fans over the years have by sheer determination forced local Australian media to provide equal coverage to league on TV & radio & print...

Its considered one of the cradle development areas that started football in Australia.... my grandfather and one of his brothers and my grandmother and two of her brothers worked at the Paxton coal mine and they played football and the sheer toughness of those miners in the early 1900's meant that Football would not take a back seat.

I know one of the former owners of the Breakers and they were bent over by a clever guy who stole Breakers stadium off then when the NSL ended.

From Con to Nathen and now the Chinese guy they have suffered from poor ownership....

Newcastle is also second biggest regional city in Australia, behind the Gold Coast but ahead of Canberra ..

They are in a deep hole and that the Drive Bys and others wanta raid them and put the boot in .... HHHMMMMMM I wanta play, beat and yell at em... but I don't want them to fold because pricks like Nathen wanted a play toy ....

For Football to grow in Australia we need strong support in regional areas and Newcastle is an important part of regional Australia ...

The Central Coast is expanding and has money coming in but for us to survive Football needs to be seen to work in regional Australia...

FFC Mariner

Thats why we need transfer fees. Football is a money pyramid and money flows down. There is no shame in being a selling club - provided you are being paid.
Clubs will hve an incentive to offer longer contracts to mke other clubs pay for a player.
A club like ours gets another revenue stream by actually getting paid for doingSydney's recruitment

Shaun Mielekamp

Thats why we need transfer fees. Football is a money pyramid and money flows down. There is no shame in being a selling club - provided you are being paid.
Clubs will hve an incentive to offer longer contracts to mke other clubs pay for a player.
A club like ours gets another revenue stream by actually getting paid for doingSydney's recruitment
I couldn't agree with this statement anymore. I will be amazed if a transfer system isnt in place by 2021/22 season and there are very few against it now - it mainly the mechanics and systems for the whole of game that need to be built and established. A system where all clubs at all levels get rewarded for player develop is vital and will be a key in turning everything around I have no doubt.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yep. Transfer fees will benefit the entire game as it actually gives clubs a financial incentive to develop youth talent.

turbo

Need to always back and support the regional clubs. I know some may disagree, but if the Jets go (for whatever reason) count me out supporting the A-League. Rivals are rivals, but it's a double edged sword.... we can't sit and hope they fold when we're in the same boat. mutual respect.
Regional clubs have to be able to work, if they can’t then a second division has no hope as most major markets have already been tapped to some extent.

midfielder

Article on the Roar says the Jerks have a new owner and it will be announced 12 December and they are from Melbourne... also says they have Papus

Ironbark

Papas will do well methinks. I would have been ok with him as our last appointment if Staj didn't occur.

The radio silence still leaves me with some hope of a sale. Although the last 5 years keeps the bar very low for hope for me with the club these days, so not holding my breath. But it's what we need. No offence to MC, but we badly need some investment

Wombat

Papas will do well methinks. I would have been ok with him as our last appointment if Staj didn't occur.

The radio silence still leaves me with some hope of a sale. Although the last 5 years keeps the bar very low for hope for me with the club these days, so not holding my breath. But it's what we need. No offence to MC, but we badly need some investment

I think we are stuck with Pikey BUT i think he might fund us a little bit better this year. But, the man is a flake so anything could happen, and he might have a wooden spoon fetish!!!!

Ancient Mariner

I think we are stuck with Pikey BUT i think he might fund us a little bit better this year. But, the man is a flake so anything could happen, and he might have a wooden spoon fetish!!!!
I am still hopeful of an announcement when all the A-League negotiations are settled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami