• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFC Mariner

As a rate payer I would rather this go to competitive tender so that my council maximises it's revenue
Yes I'm a fan but why should the coast residents be expected to do favours for CCM
(Personally I don't think the council will release control anyway)

Reactions: adz

pjennings

As a rate payer I would rather this go to competitive tender so that my council maximises it's revenue
Yes I'm a fan but why should the coast residents be expected to do favours for CCM
(Personally I don't think the council will release control anyway)

I fully understand this. However, I think it is wider than just the monetary value that should be considered.

This is a community asset that is essentially closed to the community for the vast majority of the year. Opening the asset up for community use should also be considered - not just the dollars and cents that the Council will get.

turbo

I understand where you are coming from. The council has a duty to ensure it receives a reasonable sum for the use of it's asset and this shouldn't be a charity exercise, but at the same time awarding the rights to someone other than the only tenant the stadium has does nothing to ensure the long term occupation of the facility. Why fill the pockets of a third party and risk the club being gouged and walking away? In the long run that hurts everyone and the stadium will see even less use.

As a starting point perhaps they need to look at the revenue and expenses they currently have that the mariners would be taking on and ensuring they come out better off than they have been. Do some projections based on increased usage and find some sensible middle ground that isnt either party taking the piss.

turbo

In addition to the last point the club wants people to get to the stadium which makes it a good partner for the council and community, if there's returns from food and beverage sales they have more flexibility to run promotions at a loss on ticketing to get people through the door. That brings more people to the Gosford CBD on match days and helps local businesses. They'll have incentive to bring other events to get more return which again brings in people to the area. They have a big incentive to oversee the quality of food and beverage options and facilities because match day is their experience end to end.

If you go to a third party their sole interest is generating a profit and recouping whatever premium they might offer over CCM in a tender process. More people in the gate benefits them but it's on the club to do the heavy lifting. They may decide the market will bear an increase in pricing or lowering of quality to improve their bottom line at the expense of attendees and the tenant. They will also go after additional events so that much doesnt change although there may be potential for conflict of interest if they manage other facilities.

FFC Mariner

His track record running CCM and the COE is not encouraging. Arguably both have been run into the ground during MC's tenure. I understand the COE pitch is unplayable?
I absolutely take everyone's point that it makes sense for it to be CCM, I just can easily understand why the council wouldn't let him anywhere near it.
Anyway, it would be a separate company that owns the rights not CCM (again, if his track record is a clue)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

His track record running CCM and the COE is not encouraging. Arguably both have been run into the ground during MC's tenure. I understand the COE pitch is unplayable?
I absolutely take everyone's point that it makes sense for it to be CCM, I just can easily understand why the council wouldn't let him anywhere near it.
Anyway, it would be a separate company that owns the rights not CCM (again, if his track record is a clue)
Valid points.

Shaun Mielekamp

Just for reference the proposal is for the actual football club entity that holds the license to run the venue. It is a small but significant detail as it would not be the development or foundation entities.

Pirate Pete

Shaun. I heard part of the interview you gave before the game on Saturday.
Any chance of repeating the gist of what was said here?
Or perhaps the blokes at 96.3 would have the audio and make it available?
Thanks.
5.gif

Shaun Mielekamp

Shaun. I heard part of the interview you gave before the game on Saturday.
Any chance of repeating the gist of what was said here?
Or perhaps the blokes at 96.3 would have the audio and make it available?
Thanks.
5.gif
Hey Pirate Pete, apologies for delay in getting back to you. I seem to be getting less and less time to jump on here lately in a busy period for us at the club. I am trying to recall what it was that i might have said on the interview, from memory i was mainly talking about "benchgate" that was happening at the time.
Not much I can say publicly at the moment in regards to the stadium but simply that the process is underway to have a serious discussion and when we can elaborate more we will - but lots to do in the meantime.

marinermick

I went to the game and actually found myself not celebrating the goal that made it 2-1 and not celebrating when it got to 4-3. This is probably the first time ever. It just seemed there was going to be an inevitability of a loss and we really didn’t deserve the goals anyway. This is so worrying in my time supporting the club that I didn’t care enough when we scored.

Scoreline flattered us tremendously. We were well and truly beaten and any team that makes Petratos look good (has been woeful all season) and lets Orroyo score (an absolute panel beater) doesn’t deserve to be in this comp.

I cared passionately about having a team in this comp. I actually don’t care that much anymore. Our owner doesn’t respect this comp or the people of the Central Coast. I’d rather the club be put down then endure any more misery like we have had to endure the past five years.

Insertnamehere

I went to the game and actually found myself not celebrating the goal that made it 2-1 and not celebrating when it got to 4-3. This is probably the first time ever. It just seemed there was going to be an inevitability of a loss and we really didn’t deserve the goals anyway. This is so worrying in my time supporting the club that I didn’t care enough when we scored.

Scoreline flattered us tremendously. We were well and truly beaten and any team that makes Petratos look good (has been woeful all season) and lets Orroyo score (an absolute panel beater) doesn’t deserve to be in this comp.

I cared passionately about having a team in this comp. I actually don’t care that much anymore. Our owner doesn’t respect this comp or the people of the Central Coast. I’d rather the club be put down then endure any more misery like we have had to endure the past five years.
Riding that boat with you.

FFC Mariner

Agree Mick - I didnt go. I didnt watch and frankly now simply dont give a shit. We have an absetee owner who seems to have walked away and delegated everything to someone with no football experience and I'm not sure what our CEO does to be honest. Our crowds are plumetting and the product on the pitch is consistently the worst in the country. Not something I'd be proud to lead or want my name associated with.

The club is sliding into the abyss and neither our owner or senior management seem to care. Every season about now they all duck for cover until they want our money again.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

my wife commented that I didn't so much as flinch when we scored our first goal....I mean, at that point we were still looking like getting smashed.
It was about as exciting as our 3rd...I did let out a cheer for the 2nd goal.

Wombat

I was flooded in so was spared the trip to that shithole and an appalling performance.

Scum are not that bad but are poor at the back. They won't come last and that is a worry.

Forum Phoenix

What day reckon the crowds will be come end of season? The 15 or so regular posters in here who live near to or on the coast?

They're falling fast. We were heavily buffeted by the Wanderers last week.

Crowds will probably sit close to 3k at season end imo. Even after everything we've been through, it could have been easily a consistent 6K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami