• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Okay, I like what I see. Some clinical finishes (one of the things separating finals teams from wannabes - do you punish opponents for mistakes? We don't. He seems to) , keeps moving after he's released the ball....I'm interested. And those things alone could be a headache for defenders.

I'm not going to worry about the DUI. It's an easy mistake to make, and far less of an issue than, say, missing training hungover or something like that. It doesn't necessarily reflect on his athletic attitude.

EDIT: No, that was a dick comment of mine. Stupid to downplay DUI. Thoughtless comment.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Hi everyone, just to confirm for you that we have two Korean players on trial who started today. We have been in discussions with these players for quite sometime now. We will provide more updates through the week, they have brought their own translator to help them while they are here. For those very keen to know who it is Kim Eun-Sun and Lee Sang-ho.
Thanks for the update Shaun. Communication is definitely appreciated.

Are you able (now or in the future) to provide a little insight into how this has come about? Be interested to hear how we identified and approached these players, and if it was the result of any changes that have been made.

Ozhammer

Lee is two footed too by the looks of it, which is great to see. Hope the trial is successful and they can both deliver for us this season.

This could be seriously good business by the club.

Antlion

How many players have we had recently who have a (quality) twenty minute highlight reel? Build an understanding with Murray...

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Okay, I like what I see. Some clinical finishes (one of the things separating finals teams from wannabes - do you punish opponents for mistakes? We don't. He seems to) , keeps moving after he's released the ball....I'm interested. And those things alone could be a headache for defenders.

I'm not going to worry about the DUI. It's an easy mistake to make, and far less of an issue than, say, missing training hungover or something like that. It doesn't necessarily reflect on his athletic attitude.

Ahh a DUI is a easy mistake is it ? , that’s what the arsehole said who killed my cousin ...but still, let’s see what his got on the pitch shall we

Josho Howe

How many players have we had recently who have a (quality) twenty minute highlight reel? Build an understanding with Murray...
I think any highlight reel can mask mistakes/problems/bad things in their game. I won't properly judge him till l see a full game played (again, if he's signed) but yeah l am liking the look of him. Good touch, good pace, gets into good areas, scores some nice goals cutting inside from the wing, scored a couple from corners. Vision looks good, drifts from midfield out wide to create. Again, l don't wanna hype up someone just on a youtube highlights video, but all signs point to a competent footballer who would improve the team.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Ahh a DUI is a easy mistake is it ? , that’s what the arsehole said who killed my cousin ...but still, let’s see what his got on the pitch shall we
Sorry to hear that mate.
you're right, it was a thoughtless statement. I'm not even going to try to justify what I was getting at with that one. I shouldn't have made a comment downplaying it. I'm adding an edit line into that post to reflect but, but no point changing what I've written given I've been called out for it. DUI is always a stupid thing to do, no doubt.

midfielder

Hi everyone, just to confirm for you that we have two Korean players on trial who started today. We have been in discussions with these players for quite sometime now. We will provide more updates through the week, they have brought their own translator to help them while they are here. For those very keen to know who it is Kim Eun-Sun and Lee Sang-ho.
thanks

midfielder

Last edited:

Michael

I’d be pretty surprised if we don’t sign these 2 Korean boys. Their CV’s are very good. The K-League is such high quality. Better than our league. They’re obviously keen, why would they come for a trial period at their age and experience... Staj would just want them here to have a better close up look and probably weighing up prices etc.
I hope the money doesn’t stop the deals happening. We haven’t had a high quality out and out attacking import for a very long time. (I count Ferreira as Aussie).
Who was the other Korean boy we had after our golden year? We didn’t see the best of him but he was so highly rated in Korea.
I’d love for one our other imports to be a striker but can’t see if happening unfortunately because Simon and Majok are locked in. So maybe we will get an import RB and I’d say definitely a CB. They’d be the logical options when looking at our squad.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
This fella..Kim Seung -Yong
HUfHm8.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members