• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - 2019-2020

JoyfulPenguin

You'd think so. Gallifuoco looks like a good pickup and a flexible player but that won't amount to much without bringing more quality in to the team.

Unrelated but Cisak didnt get any game time last night when Sydney played their B team in ACL, they played Howard-Belle instead, I think for the whole season he got 3 minutes in the FFA cup. Contract is up any time now. Might be looking for somewhere to get some minutes, us or nix perhaps?
Apparently Cisak has been unfit and had a drinking problem, so a perfect fit for us!

Michael

Happy with the signing of GG, versatile, big strong lad, decent speed and good enough on the ball.
Wouldn’t be unhappy if he’s been signed as a starter. Which I think he has.
Obviously praying to the football gods we sign higher quality players soon though.

Wombat

The Central Coast Mariners have secured the services of 25-year-old midfielder, Giancarlo Gallifuoco who has put pen-to-paper on a two-year-deal with the Club.

Gallifuoco arrives from the Western Sydney Wanderers where he signed in March and played the final seven games of their campaign.

Before his return to the Hyundai A-League the experienced midfielder, plied his trade with Italian Serie C side FC Rieti.

The former Australian U23 representative made his Hyundai A-League debut in 2015 for Melbourne Victory before Gallifuoco’s football journey saw him play for the likes of Torquay United and Dover Athletic in the UK.

Affectionately known as ‘GG’, the young Australian representative featured for the youth teams of Tottenham Hotspur & Swansea City.

GG-Web.jpg

Giancarlo Gallifuoco signs for the Central Coast Mariners
Upon signing his contract at the Central Coast Mariners Centre of Excellence, Gallifuoco spoke of his desire to help drive the Mariners up the Hyundai A-League table.

“I’m very excited to get going,” Gallifuoco said. “Everyone at the Mariners wants to be a part of returning this club to the powerhouse that it once was. People forget about the trophies this club has won – their form in recent years hasn’t been great but I remember watching the Central Coast of old who were a Premiership winning, Grand Final winning team.

“Alen spoke to me about his vision for the future and the role he sees me playing, but even coming up against the Mariners this season, seeing how he tactically set the team up was very impressive, I could see that Alen was the type of the coach I wanted to play under so I am delighted to join the Mariners,” Gallifuoco said.

When asked what type of player fans should expect to see in ‘GG’, the 25-year-old spoke of his versatility.

“I’m physical, fast and that’s why I’ve always been able to transition from midfield to centre back, to right back or even in more attacking roles. At the Mariners, regardless of what position I play, I want the fans to know that I’m the kind of player that will use every single bit of energy at every training session, in every game. I leave nothing on the pitch.

“All I want, is to be a part of the resurgence of getting this club back to where it deserves to be,” Gallifuoco said.

Head Coach Alen Stajcic is expecting big things from the new recruit.

“Coming from the Wanderers, Giancarlo was a consistent performer and showed a great presence. We’ll expect the same thing here at the Mariners, that he fits into the new team and hits the ground running.

“We’re looking forward to Giancarlo joining us next season. His versatility and being able to play a variety of roles will be an important part of our team moving forward” Stajcic said.

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/...YP0AAPNmFxQzozDYjj_Y2Ya1kzjcZ8gZkCw7fmJgBNmTU

Great signing. Very happy with that.

FFC Mariner

Like others appreciate the post. Like many others though wondering what is going to be different with the vision/strategy/announcements this time round. Over the past 4 years we have certainly proved the old say "Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results"

Whilst I understand the club needs to offer members some perks such as the forum especially given what the club has put them through in recent years may I suggest that an open fans forum would be a better option.

The club needs to reconnect with the community and get them back through the gates and signing up as members again and an open forum in which the club lays out its vision to everybody interested not just the members would be a great way to do this.

Hiding it at Ettalong at 7pm on a weeknight hints that the club are keen to keep numbers down.
Absolutely important we enforce a no dickheads policy. If youre not prepared to take your job seriously, youre a dickhead.
Looks at Judas , Kennedy and Hoole

Josho Howe

I'm content with the Gallifuoco signing. Showed enough last season for me to think he's a good enough starting XI player, but the way the Hiariej situation was handled leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm not happy about that at all.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

You'd think so. Gallifuoco looks like a good pickup and a flexible player but that won't amount to much without bringing more quality in to the team.

Unrelated but Cisak didnt get any game time last night when Sydney played their B team in ACL, they played Howard-Belle instead, I think for the whole season he got 3 minutes in the FFA cup. Contract is up any time now. Might be looking for somewhere to get some minutes, us or nix perhaps?
We've signed another DM who has 'potential'.

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/...oOWT4UwchXzQqBjrcXihu0oN8GLYYJX0yYOxq83FdyhgY

Hiariej, Gamiero and Gauci are out.

I might be the odd one out here, but if Tom H really was as injured last season as we've been told, then perhaps this actually is the smart decision.

turbo

We've signed another DM who has 'potential'.
As others have pointed out to me previously he has played at CB more recently and also RB. That's not a bad option to have. Not a signing thats going to change minds but also not one that'll make people say same old CCM rubbish.

Tom is a loss but being over blown because people don't have faith we'll get a like for like replacement, which given recent years is understandable.

yorkshireman

Tom is a difficult one for several reasons. As Capn said, if the injuries were legit last season, he is a risk on decent money, if we had already decided on GG, that doubles up the DM position with Melling already available as back up. However, it is difficult to see a talented player WANT to stay with us especially as he has been a favourite for so many and be let go.
GG gives us more positional options than Tom and is probably on less coin as well as not having the injury question hanging over him.

That being said, the way the Tom situation APPEARS to have been handled leaves a sour taste in the mouth which doesn't help the clubs cause with the fan base. Hopefully GG can show us what he can do and stay fit whilst being given some quality to work around him.

Insertnamehere

Tom is a difficult one for several reasons. As Capn said, if the injuries were legit last season, he is a risk on decent money, if we had already decided on GG, that doubles up the DM position with Melling already available as back up. However, it is difficult to see a talented player WANT to stay with us especially as he has been a favourite for so many and be let go.
GG gives us more positional options than Tom and is probably on less coin as well as not having the injury question hanging over him.

That being said, the way the Tom situation APPEARS to have been handled leaves a sour taste in the mouth which doesn't help the clubs cause with the fan base. Hopefully GG can show us what he can do and stay fit whilst being given some quality to work around him.
Biggest problem is its not a once off. Its pain, millar, baro, brama, tommy. Its a stream of players every year.

pjennings

From talking to Pain his main reason for coming here was for game time, He got that and loved his time here but he is now offered game time and the opportunity to be close to his family. Pretty simple equation unless we offered him more than he is worth.

yorkshireman

yeah, from what I know, those situations were different as they either had offers elsewhere, wanted to go home or were let go for other reasons. Tom is the only one who wanted to stay and had no other offer.

JoyfulPenguin

Reasonably happy about his signing though worried about how much we are paying for him. If we're paying more than $150,000 I don't know if he would be worth it, though if we're paying to the salary cap and beyond that is absolutely fine.

Would also want him competing with Rowles for a centre back spot rather than being in partnership with him. We need another experienced quality centre back along side Gallifuoco/Rowles otherwise we will have another disastrous season defensively.

Comparing him to our centre back stock from last season he is probably an improvement on Golec/Cisse and our emergency Sheffield loanee. He is probably on an equal pegging in ability compared to Aspropotamitis but with the advantage of not being out for half the season. But compared to other clubs starting central defenders, such as Mrcela/Spiranovic, Gulum/Chapman, Elsey/Jakobsen, Donachie/Deng, (City don't have a coach yet), Boogaard/Topor-Stanley, Ziegler/Elrich, Wilkinson/Tratt, (Roar haven't recruited yet) and Taylor/Doyle. Excluding City, Roar and the Phoenix who haven't started recruiting yet, a starting defensive pairing of Gallifuoco/Rowles would look very weak in comparison to the rest of the league. If he is going to play as a defensive midfielder then it doesn't really matter I guess.

Interesting to hear him talk about being a midfielder, I certainty wouldn't have thought he would be capable of playing as one. The few times I have seen him play he didn't seem to have the mobility, though it has been quite some time since I have seen him play and am very happy to be proven wrong.

Overall a good signing dependent on salary and whether he is a lock in starter or not.

JoyfulPenguin

I'll take a few guesses about what we are paying our currently signed players,

Jacob Melling $64,113

Michael McGlinchey $200,000

Tommy Oar $300,000

Mario Shabow $64,113

Matt Simon $250,000

Jack Clisby $100,000

Daniel De Silva $300,000

Giancarlo Gallifuoco $150,000

Adam Pearce $64,113

Kye Rowles $150,000

Jordan Murray $80,000

So from my absolutely wild and uninformed guesstimates we would have spent $1,618,887 so far on 11 players with $1,444,113 left to spend if we spend the full salary cap and nothing outside. So an average of $160,457 on each player if we are only going to sign the minimum of 20 players or $120,342 if we are going to recruit 23 with no spending outside the cap. If we are spending the salary cap floor we have $1,137,113 left and an average of $126,345 for each player if we are going to sign only 20 players, or $94,759 if we are going to sign 23.

Just from these extremely basic calculations, and I am probably undervaluing a few players' salaries, we need to spend beyond the cap. We need to make use of every loophole and we need to have two marquees. We need to get De Silva off our wage bill either through a loan or mutual termination. Without out that, we won't be able to properly compete for players and we won't be able to compete to the level required to keep our license.

JoyfulPenguin

From talking to Pain his main reason for coming here was for game time, He got that and loved his time here but he is now offered game time and the opportunity to be close to his family. Pretty simple equation unless we offered him more than he is worth.
Fair enough for Pain, he has been a great servant to the club and you couldn't have asked for much more from him during his time here. I hope he does well at Western United.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred