• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australian Football Stuff - not worthy of a thread

Big Al

Designed by f**king Idiots!! It looks like the FFA rubber stamped it through their special "f**k up" department.

I will be there in July to watch Leeds Utd smash the Drive bys.
You can’t buy those seats. It’s only in one corner next to the corporate section.

Don’t know why they even put the seats in and it’s the only corner with it.

The leeds game will be awesome but I refuse to pay for friendly games

Big Al

My photos are to large but anything over row 15 in the top section is starting to get into beer spilling territory

Wombat

You can’t buy those seats. It’s only in one corner next to the corporate section.

Don’t know why they even put the seats in and it’s the only corner with it.

The leeds game will be awesome but I refuse to pay for friendly games

A Dutch friend begged me to go watch Austraila v Manyoo back in the the Beckham era.
We paid $120 per ticket FFS. The game was shite. Australia lost 1.0 and Andy Cole broke someones leg.
The atmosphere was dire. The warm up was the best thing watching the Man U players hit 40 yard passes and control the ball with the deftest of touches.
I vowed I would never waste money on another friendly but its Leeds and i aint missing that.

MOT.

Insertnamehere

A Dutch friend begged me to go watch Austraila v Manyoo back in the the Beckham era.
We paid $120 per ticket FFS. The game was shite. Australia lost 1.0 and Andy Cole broke someones leg.
The atmosphere was dire. The warm up was the best thing watching the Man U players hit 40 yard passes and control the ball with the deftest of touches.
I vowed I would never waste money on another friendly but its Leeds and i aint missing that.

MOT.
Simon Colosimo I'm pretty sure. About the time he was signing with Citeh I think.

Wombat

Storm Roux just came on for as a sub for Victory for the last 15 mins. His one act of defending he had to do he conceeded and Victory lost 1.0.

Muppet.

sydmariner

Western United FC unveil logo
Western United FC have taken the next step towards their maiden season in the Hyundai A-League after unveiling the club’s logo.

The Hyundai A-League’s newest club made the announcement on Tuesday morning as they gear up towards their inaugural season in the competition in 2019/20.

It comes after the club unveiled their official name and colours in February.

HEAD HERE FOR ALL YOU WESTERN UNITED FC NEWS

The club had been consulting with their fan base for several months before opting to go with a design that focuses on the ‘W’ as the main design element.

“We have listened to our fans and have created a brand identity which is contemporary and modern, and arguably non-traditional for a football club logo,” Western United FC CEO Maurice Bisetto said.

“This is our point of difference as we go about building a club for the future, not built on legacy, but reflecting a growing multicultural fan base that are very proud of their geographic Western roots.”

wufclogogreen.png

In a stament released by the club on Tuesday, they reveal the design has been inspired by the aerial view of real estate development (rooftops) in Australia’s fastest growing corridor, borrowing architectural cues from the iconic West Gate Bridge – the gateway to the West.

The logo’s signature green colour symbolises freshness and the evergreen community of cultures residing and growing in the West.

But unlike many club logos, United’s breaks from convention of not being encased in a crest, which the club believes brings an “air of confidence”.

“The result is a minimalist and refreshing design which reflects the club’s bold, innovative and aspirational ambitions, both on and off the field,” Bisetto said.
“It’s not every day that a start-up professional sports club ventures to build its own stadium. We believe the logo will resonate very strongly with all stakeholders of Western United, including our players and passionate fans.”

Western United FC’s squad also beginning to take shape, with the addition of Turkish international Ersan Gulum on Tuesday meaning they now have 12 players signed.

John Anastasiadis and John Hutchinson have also been confirmed as assistant coaches, with the club expecting to announce a head coach imminently.

wuwhite.png

marinermick

That font will date quickly. Other than that, good job. Good to see that didn’t use a generic shield/badge and a football on their logo.

Forum Phoenix

Far from special but i don’t mind it. Though all the inspired by the rooftops and green of the forests and black bitumen roads just makes me want to watch the world burn.

But I can’t get past the name. Should be West Melbourne United or some such.

What’s next, the “Glory Fury football club
And South Eastern FC?

JoyfulPenguin

Far from special but i don’t mind it. Though all the inspired by the rooftops and green of the forests and black bitumen roads just makes me want to watch the world burn.

But I can’t get past the name. Should be West Melbourne United or some such.

What’s next, the “Glory Fury football club
And South Eastern FC?
Western Melbourne has always been called just the West in Melbourne so Western fits with local slang.

JoyfulPenguin

I'm now living only a train stop away from where Western United will build their home ground. They are pretty invisible on the ground here though which I have to say is surprising, you would think they would want to start the build up now rather than waiting till the season. Has it been confirmed that they are playing in Geelong for the first couple of seasons?

Insertnamehere

I'm now living only a train stop away from where Western United will build their home ground. They are pretty invisible on the ground here though which I have to say is surprising, you would think they would want to start the build up now rather than waiting till the season. Has it been confirmed that they are playing in Geelong for the first couple of seasons?
How far is it to geeeeelong? I cant see it being a good fit. Certainly from a mate lives in geelong they dont identify with west melbourne. could be hes jist a toffee nose dr who only identifies with hawthorne and prahran

Big Al

Western United FC unveil logo
Western United FC have taken the next step towards their maiden season in the Hyundai A-League after unveiling the club’s logo.

The Hyundai A-League’s newest club made the announcement on Tuesday morning as they gear up towards their inaugural season in the competition in 2019/20.

It comes after the club unveiled their official name and colours in February.

HEAD HERE FOR ALL YOU WESTERN UNITED FC NEWS

The club had been consulting with their fan base for several months before opting to go with a design that focuses on the ‘W’ as the main design element.

“We have listened to our fans and have created a brand identity which is contemporary and modern, and arguably non-traditional for a football club logo,” Western United FC CEO Maurice Bisetto said.

“This is our point of difference as we go about building a club for the future, not built on legacy, but reflecting a growing multicultural fan base that are very proud of their geographic Western roots.”

wufclogogreen.png

In a stament released by the club on Tuesday, they reveal the design has been inspired by the aerial view of real estate development (rooftops) in Australia’s fastest growing corridor, borrowing architectural cues from the iconic West Gate Bridge – the gateway to the West.

The logo’s signature green colour symbolises freshness and the evergreen community of cultures residing and growing in the West.

But unlike many club logos, United’s breaks from convention of not being encased in a crest, which the club believes brings an “air of confidence”.

“The result is a minimalist and refreshing design which reflects the club’s bold, innovative and aspirational ambitions, both on and off the field,” Bisetto said.
“It’s not every day that a start-up professional sports club ventures to build its own stadium. We believe the logo will resonate very strongly with all stakeholders of Western United, including our players and passionate fans.”

Western United FC’s squad also beginning to take shape, with the addition of Turkish international Ersan Gulum on Tuesday meaning they now have 12 players signed.

John Anastasiadis and John Hutchinson have also been confirmed as assistant coaches, with the club expecting to announce a head coach imminently.

wuwhite.png
Terrible upside down cricket stumps

JoyfulPenguin

How far is it to geeeeelong? I cant see it being a good fit. Certainly from a mate lives in geelong they dont identify with west melbourne. could be hes jist a toffee nose dr who only identifies with hawthorne and prahran
It's nearly and hour to get to Geelong from here with trains running at best every hour, they shouldn't have been let in without having some sort stadium arrangement in place in the West of Melbourne. Geelong and the West are completely different areas with completely different histories and identities, no one in Geelong wants to support a team that represents Melbourne and is just waiting till their stadium is built. The biggest fallacy in their club/bid is that past the Western edges of Melbourne there is any shared sense of identity with Melbourne, there is absolutely none.

sydmariner

yes it has

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred