• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Coast Football Ramble

This week we're back at the COE after the derby win against the jets.
We talk to CCM sporting director and Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan.
We discuss our last run of results and discuss off field issues including the sacking of Mike Mulvey.

Interview starts at the 48th minute.

*We apologise for the poor audio at the end of the interview.

pjennings

BTW Millar is only 22 and I think Peter Storrie pushed for Adam Berry.

Thanks Guys - good pod. Loved listening to Mike and it was good to hear a bit of positivity mixed in with appropriate dose of cynicism from you all.

Last edited:

pjennings

Erin as much as you don't trust the club in their battle with the Council I am as distrustful in equal measure with both the club and CCC.

Reactions: adz

Josho Howe

BTW Millar is only 22 and I think Peter Storrie pushed for Adam Berry.

Thanks Guys - good pod. Loved listening to Mike and it was good to hear a bit of positivity mixed in with appropriate dose of cynicism from you all.

Man, l totally forgot he was that young

true believer

so what did Phelan say . "look i work for MU , so don't give rats"
ccm need a locally based director of football . "but its all about image and to be seen, in london of course "

marinermick

Very good, as usual.
Every time you interview someone attached to the Club, the picture of what is going on becomes more clear.

Or what is not going on.

I found some of his answers very general and lack a clear plan or purpose going forward.

The only thing I had more surety or confidence is the changes to the academy, although he was very vague on how to address the unique challenges young Australian footballers face (e.g. lack of professional training, lack of understanding on what it takes to be a professional footballer, time spent on electronic devices etc.).

Big Al

Or what is not going on.

I found some of his answers very general and lack a clear plan or purpose going forward.

The only thing I had more surety or confidence is the changes to the academy, although he was very vague on how to address the unique challenges young Australian footballers face (e.g. lack of professional training, lack of understanding on what it takes to be a professional footballer, time spent on electronic devices etc.).
He was very vanilla on details. Hopefully that’s more I’m not telling as that is my value than no plan.

As for the pod. The quality is excellent and i find your audio the clearest and easiest to listen to. I don’t listen to the fox sports pod because simon hill is always at a different volume to garby. Not sure if they just not talking into the mic but it’s horrible and I don’t listen to them unless desperate.
Top quality boys

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Excellent poddie boys ...pity Phelan talked for ten minutes and said nothing although his use of aimless platitudes was immense

FFC Mariner

About the only question he actually hinted at answering was that they dont train enough (no shit Sherlock).
I note that the "commercial manager" (as described) was there so we cant really expect honesty and transparency

Reactions: adz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred