• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R22 F3 Derby away

FFC Mariner

Rowdys new mate lol
I imagine him going into the sheds and being asked why he is so wet
He was laughing along but through gritted teeth i think

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Can't say I'm a big fan of Jems celebration ...dunno what it's supposed to mean. .if anything ?
Maybe his pet Pomeranian does that at home

nebakke

Can't say I'm a big fan of Jems celebration ...dunno what it's supposed to mean. .if anything ?
Maybe his pet Pomeranian does that at home

The way he was playing in the weekend, as far as I'm concerned he can celebrate any which way he wants and I'll back him - he earned that :)

Antlion

I read an article today saying it's called the creeper. He did it accidentally at his wedding and told his mates he'd do it one day as a goal celebration

Ozhammer

Staj switched Pain and Mallon. Wasn’t to vary the attack like Slater thought imo. It was because he saw that Georgievski was destroying Mallon and did the only thing he could do to assist. Georgievski had nowhere near as much dominance after that.

This move alone was a really positive sign. But his subs were well timed also. Though we need better than Shabow I’m afraid.
I think the only thing that Staj got slightly wrong Saturday was the timing of the Kekeris substitution. Jackson was cooked by 65 mins, so a quick player like Keks would likely have given him some real problems.

Josho Howe

I honestly just can't believe we've got a coach whose tactics are plain to see and someone who makes changes according to how the game is playing.

Okon and Mulvey were the play my style, play it how l want and even if it's not going well, l am too stubborn to make changes. Stajcic sees things that need to be changed in the game and does it. How simple it is.

I think someone mentioned it before and l totally agree. Swapping Pain and Mallon on the flanks at a critical time in the game was a smart tactical decision with Georgievski not having the influence in the 2nd half and our 3rd goal from Pain was through Georgievski being out of position. Just going back to the 1st half, our shape and tactics were what they needed to be, we absorbed pressure, granted, we were lucky not to have conceded in that first half, but Stajcic sees our fitness level is not where it should be, we hold them off and then in the 2nd half when the scum start to loosen up a bit and their energy levels go down, we hit em on the counter and exploit the spaces on the flanks and in the middle of the pitch between their midfield and defensive lines.

Simple bloody football tactics people. Thank you Alen for seemingly being the coach we've needed for the past 5 years. Granted, it's 1 good game, but l feel confident about moving forward with Staj.

Ancient Mariner

Those who can provide simple, obvious answers to problems are those that usually are successful.
It seems obvious, but very few are able to make them.
So many successful people do it consistently and when you look at those decisions you say "yes, that was the obvious thing to do".
Many are unable to do it.
It is the key to success.

FFC Mariner

Watching our fitness and energy levels fall off a cliff at about 70 mins is the most damning indictment on our (mainly previous) coaching set up.
In the ground you could see them wilting and the scum sensed it and attacked accordingly.

Forum Phoenix

I think the only thing that Staj got slightly wrong Saturday was the timing of the Kekeris substitution. Jackson was cooked by 65 mins, so a quick player like Keks would likely have given him some real problems.

Nice. I didn’t pick that up off the tv coverage. Imagine he was reluctant to tamper with the side when they were in front and focused on defending. As a time wasting sub I was happy with it though.

Wombat

Gotta say, much as I appreciated Murray's game last night, I think we did miss Matty, especially in the first half... Jem took on a lot of the work to drive us but I reckon Matty would've seen us more threatening in the first half. I think the armband should go to Tommy though, unless it was the thing that actually spurred him on. But I think Jem provides similar benefits and risks to Matty- they both play with intensity and take no bullshit - sometimes that's gonna cause a blow up and it might be better to have the armband with someone else then.
Jem should be the captain. End of.

shipwreck

Will be interesting to see how Staj re jigs the starting line up with Aiden and Matty back.

Easiest option is to keep the same starting line up and have Matty and Aiden on the bench

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb