• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Michael

Saw a few of those rumours about Millar today also.
That would be hugely controversial, more so than his original decision.

I’ll wait and see if it eventuates and see how I feel.

We have also been linked with a 22 year old Aussie CB Jacob Eliopolous in recent days. City are chasing him too.

And I wasn’t sure where to post this but did anyone else see the news about Adrian Caceres going to prison?

FFC Mariner

Saw a few of those rumours about Millar today also.
That would be hugely controversial, more so than his original decision.

I’ll wait and see if it eventuates and see how I feel.

We have also been linked with a 22 year old Aussie CB Jacob Eliopolous in recent days. City are chasing him too.

And I wasn’t sure where to post this but did anyone else see the news about Adrian Caceres going to prison?
Yup - the Mariners druggie XI is filling nicely.

nebakke

Rumours floatin around on social media that millars pulled out of his contract with the scummers. There has been chatter bout it today in newy too.

You know it's funny - I see a part like this here and I get curious, I then see @priorpeter post about it on the members Facebook group and immediately 'trololololol' alarms start ringing - why do you think that is @priorpeter ? ;-)

So now I don't know what to think! How can I know what's true if I can't trust the Intarwebz!?!?

Pirate Pete

I doubt he'll be reneging on a contract if he's signed it with the jets.
I don't think he would have been able to sign a contract.
It's more a pre contract agreement, saying he will sign when his current contract expires.

McBreen had something similar before coming here I believe.

Michael

I don't think he would have been able to sign a contract.
It's more a pre contract agreement, saying he will sign when his current contract expires.

McBreen had something similar before coming here I believe.

You’re right, but he still would’ve had to actually put his signature on the pre contract agreement. I can’t honeslty see him backing out of it. It would be very very hard.

It’s not like the James Holland situation where that was a verbal agreement with us.

Big Al

Once a dodgy snake always a dodgy snake. Rumor or not who cares. Can’t believe some want him back so easily

Antlion

I was as angry as most but with new info to light I suspect his agent was actually the snake in this case.
Millar is quite young, Rallis gained personally from the unusual deal, and I suspect is pretty good at putting the convince on his younger clients.

I could be wrong but think Millar deserves the benefit of the doubt with what we now know about both the deal and his agent

nebakke

Once a dodgy snake always a dodgy snake. Rumor or not who cares. Can’t believe some want him back so easily

I guess the thing is the message that it sends. If this was true MM may have been more on the nose than we really realised and in particular if Monty hangs around and players are still interested in staying. And if all of that is true, who could blame him for wanting away?
Other than that - yeah he's impressed at times but I also still think that he's somewhat overvalued, courtesy of being in a sorry team and coming out of NPL.
That move up before Jem's goal was f**king exceptional - the way he breezed past three jesters to play it back for the goal.
But for every one of those he's also had three anonymous games... he's got potential and a bit to go, as with most of our team.
Turned out alright for Troisi I guess..

TysonP

I guess the thing is the message that it sends. If this was true MM may have been more on the nose than we really realised and in particular if Monty hangs around and players are still interested in staying. And if all of that is true, who could blame him for wanting away?
Other than that - yeah he's impressed at times but I also still think that he's somewhat overvalued, courtesy of being in a sorry team and coming out of NPL.
That move up before Jem's goal was f**king exceptional - the way he breezed past three jesters to play it back for the goal.
But for every one of those he's also had three anonymous games... he's got potential and a bit to go, as with most of our team.
Turned out alright for Troisi I guess..
He actually kicked it into the Jets defenders and it bounced of them for Jem, didn't it? Agree that he beat the players easily but he also jumped out of the way to be beaten for their 2nd goal.

turbo

Agree that he beat the players easily but he also jumped out of the way to be beaten for their 2nd goal.
This. Both their goals were down his side and he didnt shut the crosses down nearly as well as he should have. The opposition had far too much time and space. That can hopefully be improved with time but it's funny how the media glosses over that kind of thing while heaping praise on him. He's an exciting player to watch when he's making runs but there's definitely things to work on while defending.

If the contract rumours are true I'm happy for him to stay with us but not if it means paying significantly more than we should to retain him.

Wombat

He actually kicked it into the Jets defenders and it bounced of them for Jem, didn't it? Agree that he beat the players easily but he also jumped out of the way to be beaten for their 2nd goal.
Yep. Keep him up the other end. He is great driving forward.

Antlion

Definitely a lot of development to go. But then isn't that meant to be our model, polish up the diamond and on-sell?

Pirate Pete

I find it a bit strange that Millar would have changed him mind after Stajcic only being there a few days.
Unless of course he was already in two minds. I wouldn't mind him staying but he does need a bit of work.
This could get messy!

https://www.blakemorgan.co.uk/train...ticles/enforceability-pre-contracts-football/
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=footballer+breaking+pre+contract+agreement

Under the Bosman ruling, a player can sign a contract with a new club up to six months before his existing contract expires. A pre-contract agreement may be broken by the player or the club, as was the case when Ross County midfielder Richard Brittain signed a pre-contract with St Johnstone.

priorpeter

Hoole has just taken a road trip up to Byron Bay. Doesn’t look like he’ll be at training this week, wonder if he’s been told he’s no longer wanted? I have heard players are due back at training tomorrow, happy to be corrected if someone knows any different though.

turbo

This could get messy!
It will be interesting to see if he stays with the same agent. This is purely speculation but from bits and pieces we've seen on here it sounds like the deal was potentially lucrative for the agent which could open up questions around undue influence if he's been pushed down the path of one deal without being provided with a few options as you'd expect of a player catching the league's attention. Not pursuing a comparable offer from the mariners was an odd move and presumably weakened his bargaining position unless he had other offers on the table in which case the club should have been aware of those talks too. Hard to make that argument though if he sticks with his agent, going back on a deal likely strains that relationship anyway.

TysonP

It will be interesting to see if he stays with the same agent. This is purely speculation but from bits and pieces we've seen on here it sounds like the deal was potentially lucrative for the agent which could open up questions around undue influence if he's been pushed down the path of one deal without being provided with a few options as you'd expect of a player catching the league's attention. Not pursuing a comparable offer from the mariners was an odd move and presumably weakened his bargaining position unless he had other offers on the table in which case the club should have been aware of those talks too. Hard to make that argument though if he sticks with his agent, going back on a deal likely strains that relationship anyway.
CCM were about to offer a lot more than what he signed with the Jets for as well, right?
Looks like the Scum fans have heard about it too judging by their forum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred