• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mulvey's gotta...go?

Should Mulvey go?

• Yes

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters

turbo

Why would Rudan come to CCM?
He has said he's finding it rough being away from his family which I believe are NSW based. Our location is a big plus if we were going after him, everything else not so much. Would need some iron clad assurances and decent investment to make it happen. We'd also need the Sydney teams including the new one not to go for him.
The whole nix license thing is a mess though and Rudan is contracted for next year. If the license gets revoked he may well be able to sit out a year and go to SW Macarthur.

Antlion

For interest only: Ben Cahn has applied for the Brisbane job

I'd be happy with Rudan at this point.

turbo

Maybe he is on a massive salary and that's why he's not being re-signed.
A valid concern, but as others have mentioned there are plenty of players drawing more than their worth at the moment. Might also be a continuation of the reasons that saw him miss games earlier in the season and start on the bench and behind Melling on the weekend. If we're paying too much offer him a contract at market rate but lets not kid ourselves that we'll pick up a good replacement without paying a premium for them. Unfortunately a deserved lack of faith in the people making the decisions is leading people to assume the worst rather than some grand plan.

midfielder

Let us pray...
psalm 109.8

It reads [google psalm 109.8 if you like]

"May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership"

priorpeter

Surely if we were that concerned we could tear up the 180k per year we’re paying the wee judas f**k and use some of that to offset hiariej’s salary.
As far as I’m aware Tommy is on a reasonable wage anyway tbh so it should be a non-issue

Michael

Every day I get a stronger feeling that it’s going to end the way it did for gumps back in the day without the sueing part.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
done some mathitising this A.M re the last four fulltime coaches weve had
Mossie = 20-10-24
Walmsley = 5-5-27
Okon = 10-13-28
Mulvgomery = 1-4-15 (thus far)
now these are from wikipedia so there probably been editied by a moron BUT if these are dinkum, will Mulvey match Walmsleys run or do better

turbo

Mulvgomery = 1-4-15 (thus far)

If MM wants to equal Okon's record for last season we can only afford 1 loss for the rest of the season. We need 3 more wins and 4 draws to get there. He'll be lucky to equal Walmsley which was 3-4-20 for 13 points in 15-16 , a club low from what I can see. If we don't win on Friday it's very likely MM will own that record.

Ancient Mariner

Mossie had the benefit of inheriting a lot of Arnie's squad.
Walmsley was way out of his depth.
Okon had a season with Walmsley's squad before having a year of his own, which had some quality but no goals.
Mulvey has mostly his own squad and is well on the way to winning the award as CCM's worst coach.

Depending on what criteria you use, even before this campaign is over, it will be a close run contest.

Forum Phoenix

I think a decent amount of this damage is cumulative. It’s become increasingly hard to sign and keep players for to our recent history and we pay overs for almost everyone it seems now. But Mike still has to own a number of poor signings, our position on the table, and the omission of Tom. Just cannot fathom why he doesn’t rate him.

Well I can... I assume he likes his DM’s to all be combative. But he’s wrong. And wombats right, it’s makig him look stupid and had ostracised the hard core fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred