• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So, Mariners, you gonna sign Millar, Nisbet, Kekeris to a couple of year deal each OR are ya gonna f**k that up as well

Forum Phoenix

So, Mariners, you gonna sign Millar, Nisbet, Kekeris to a couple of year deal each OR are ya gonna f**k that up as well

I feel like McBreen is a reliable source so I think we’ve already lost Millar.

Even if that rumour wasn’t true. Pretty unlikely a decent agent doesn’t get him a better deal from another club that we can’t match. Time to re sign him bolted a while back you’d think.

Add Tom to that list though. And what about Rowles City rumour... he should not be lost.

And when does Aspros contract expire? He’s well proven as far as I’m concerned. Multi year deal for sure.

Insertnamehere

I feel like McBreen is a reliable source so I think we’ve already lost Millar.

Even if that rumour wasn’t true. Pretty unlikely a decent agent doesn’t get him a better deal from another club that we can’t match. Time to re sign him bolted a while back you’d think.

Add Tom to that list though. And what about Rowles City rumour... he should not be lost.

And when does Aspros contract expire? He’s well proven as far as I’m concerned. Multi year deal for sure.
Aspro on a 1 yr deal too.....
We have serious work to do in getting blokes re-signed. I think we have 7 blokes for next yr.
Time to go hard at,
Hiareij
O'Neill
Pain
Millar...assuming no dry ink elsewhere
Aspro
Rowles
Murray
Nisbet
Kekeris
Golec
I'd be sussing these guys overseas
Panos Armenakas
Brad Inman
James Meredith
Ryan McGowan
Jordan Lyden

Last edited:

pjennings

Aspro on a 1 yr deal too.....
We have serious work to do in getting blokes re-signed. I think we have 7 blokes for next yr.
Time to go hard at,
Hiareij
O'Neill
Pain
Millar...assuming no dry ink elsewhere
Aspro
Rowles
Murray
Nisbet
Kekeris
Golec
I'd be sussing these guys overseas
Panos Armenakas
Brad Inman
James Meredith

I'd also look at
Oldfield (would at worst be a good backup keeper
Giannou (we had already approached him but he went to Cyrpus - not scoring well in Cyprus but should do well here
Adelson (if recovered he would be a good backup for Millar in a 3-5-2)

turbo

If we’re losing a signing to Sydney or Victory there’s no shame in that, it’s a no brainer for a player when you consider they’re playing ACL soon and both look like decent chances to be in the grand final.

Against the others we need to show some investment and intent to get away from the spoon and over time we won’t be a last resort.

Wombat

I'd also look at
Oldfield (would at worst be a good backup keeper
Giannou (we had already approached him but he went to Cyrpus - not scoring well in Cyprus but should do well here
Adelson (if recovered he would be a good backup for Millar in a 3-5-2)

Adelson, who i rate, can't break into a piss poor Scum side ......so that raises alarm bells.
Happy with Giannou
Oldfield would be good as a back up keeper but we need a first 11 keeper first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoDiggity

Hey @Shaun Mielekamp
First off, I want to say that I’m pleased with our January signings in comparison to previous years. We’ve all whinged about the quality of Melling in the CDM role & we’ve bought in a good replacement & a leader for the younger players in the squad. Two promising youngsters also help us to push aiden back into midfield & strengthen our back line.

You’ve no doubt seen the reaction to Millars eventual departure of the club on social media- fans claiming they won’t be attending games, not renewing memberships next year etc etc. What I want to bring to your attention ASAP is that I’ve spoken to someone close to our golden boy Tom Hiariej who claims he wants to stay at CCM for at least another two years. He loves Terrigal and Australia and, if offered, will extend his contract. Please don’t make the same mistake as you did with Millar and let this one slip through the cracks. These extensions give fans positive feelings about seasons ahead.

Cheers

Woollybutt

It's an interesting article and he makes some decent points (though I think he misses the big one in our non-existent pre-season and amateur fitness levels). But there's something seriously aggravating about a journalist saying "look at the stats" and "I reckon it would be at least 50%" in the same sentence. If you're going to use stats to make your point, the least you can do is actually look at some stats. As much as there's something rotten at the club, there's something rotten in the football media too, and both need dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred