• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - F3 Derby #46 (Away)

Forum Phoenix

I missed this game. I had intended to watch the replay but accidentally saw the score so read through this thread. Between the score and the disappointing description of the first half I didn't have to gumption to sit through it

It’s still worth watching imo

style_cafe

Big shout out to the boys from the Yellow Army who worked tirelesslessly all night getting the crowd involed.
It`s a tough gig getting people out of there comfort zone but these lads (with the help of PP and the older brigade) did a good job and deserve to be encouraged.
As for the game, I was 100% wrong about Hoole, he looked like a draughthorse amongst the thoroughbreds out there ,time to say goodbye to him.
Weemac runs hard,but is too slow and always gets to the tackle just after the ball is gone (hiding in the outfield) he needs to pack his bags too.
Kennedy is a vampire (he hates crosses) book him a ticket to anywhere but the Central Coast
Golec and Cisse needs to be put on notice,shape up or ship out.
Gameiro should be given 1 month ,if he hasn`t recovered send him back to Brisbane.
That then frees up space for the decent players to come in

Reactions: adz

Wombat

Not where we were - new firm in black t shirts with NCL on them. Not little kids either, grown adults (who should know better). Walked into the bay at HT, security threw them out.

I dont know what is wrong with the meth addicted f**kheads who follow that team

Newcastle Cock Lickers? Was it the same clowns as last year with the next tatts?

Tevor

Went back to the Phuket sports bar, loving the time difference with a 3.50pm kick off and happy hour starting at 4.00pm. So I decided I would take a drink of beer for every wayward pass from Melling, four beers in the first half was the result. I hope I never see him in a Mariners shirt again and don't care if he improved in the second half because his first half was the worst I have seen in the HAL. Three very lucky last minute saves robbed us of what would have been a well earned point. Not even rubbing Buddha's belly gave us any luck. On the offside, it was by a big toe only so I can cop that and the hand ball was outside of the box so VAR cannot get involved but I do think it was a hand ball so should have been a free kick (not that we had anybody on the field capable of taking a good shot). Jets looked ordinary and deserve their spot on the ladder, they really have lost their goal scoring mojo from last season.

FFC Mariner

Hoole and Judas were horrible last night. Kekeris on the right >>>> Judas as anyone who has seen the academy could tell you.

Nisbo is a lovely footballer, gets the ball, passes quickly, completed 19/20 passes last night.

Forum Phoenix

Hoole and Judas were horrible last night. Kekeris on the right >>>> Judas as anyone who has seen the academy could tell you.

Nisbo is a lovely footballer, gets the ball, passes quickly, completed 19/20 passes last night.

Super impressed by Nisbet. Level of touch, calm and vision rarely seen in players his age.

Coasty Messi. Sign him up please governor.

Also add he does the simple things so well.

Like Tom, Right time to pass. Right time to hold and turn (opposite of Hoole)

Michael

Super impressed by Nisbet. Level of touch, calm and vision rarely seen in players his age.

Coasty Messi. Sign him up please governor.

Also add he does the simple things so well.

Like Tom, Right time to pass. Right time to hold and turn (opposite of Hoole)

The best players do the simple things consistently and efficiently.
Hoole (meth mouth, love that) will have 15metres of space around him, burst a few metres forward and do the f**king slowest one foot 19 touches turn the other way then back again, then either heavy touch and lose it or play a shit pass. I seriously believe he has wet dreams over that pathetically shit turn. It’s the turn you do in between drills at training when you’re taking the piss out of the twinkle toe boys.

Kekeris in his short time lastnight, shaped up a defender a few times then pass and move. A few one touch passes too. More time on the pitch and he would be a little more direct and run at the defender. But the young bloke realised the match situation and knew his plays had to be short sharp and efficient.
Nisbet was classy on the ball. Moved it quickly too. And some very clean tackles. Best example of his 45 minutes was on the edge of our area, 5 jets around him.. more than half the senior boys would just hammer the ball up field. Nisbet showed his superior technique and did a simple sharp turn away and release and we countered.

Big Al

Hoole (meth mouth, love that) will have 15metres of space around him, burst a few metres forward and do the f**king slowest one foot 19 touches turn the other way then back again, then either heavy touch and lose it or play a shit pass. I seriously believe he has wet dreams over that pathetically shit turn. It’s the turn you do in between drills at training when you’re taking the piss out of the twinkle toe boys.

Kekeris in his short time lastnight, shaped up a defender a few times then pass and move. A few one touch passes too. More time on the pitch and he would be a little more direct and run at the defender. But the young bloke realised the match situation and knew his plays had to be short sharp and efficient.
Nisbet was classy on the ball. Moved it quickly too. And some very clean tackles. Best example of his 45 minutes was on the edge of our area, 5 jets around him.. more than half the senior boys would just hammer the ball up field. Nisbet showed his superior technique and did a simple sharp turn away and release and we countered.
I also felt there movement was impressive and had the defenders worried

greenlig

Best example of his 45 minutes was on the edge of our area, 5 jets around him.. more than half the senior boys would just hammer the ball up field. Nisbet showed his superior technique and did a simple sharp turn away and release and we countered.
Yep, remember this, liked it a lot. Yelled a similar sentiment over my shoulder to a shockingly indifferent Mrs. Greenlig.

Wombat

For me, we were much better in the 2nd half and definitely sat back on purpose in the first because of the heavy workload recently.

O’Neil is a great cover in CB but it’s time to shift him back into midfield. I’m salivating at the thought of a midfield 3 of Tom, Aiden and Jem. And I also think it’s time to ditch the back 5, particularly the back 3. It’s run it’s course. Aspro can lead a standard back 4. Especially in preparation for when Jem can play.
Nisbet was very good for a debut, nipping at ankles and smart/sharp with the ball. I hate using the excuse a player is too small because really, only ability matters. But his height is disadvantage (not his fault obviously) But he deserves plenty more action after lastnight.
Kekeris was sharp. Deserves more than a 15minute cameo this weekend. We HAVE to blood these boys now. And sign them up for a couple more seasons. What is there to lose?
Melling should be dropped all together this weekend. You can f**king run and run and run and go flying into tackles dangerously all you want but if 8/10 passes are over/miss hit or just plain old kicking the ball away, go and get f**ked. You are killing the team. Hoole needs to f**k off too. 3 half okay passes from what was supposed to be your main attacking outlet? Please.
Wee Mac I feel is now in the “20 minutes off the bench” stage of his career. That might even be a stretch. He’s just so slow compared to the good old days, which is understandable I suppose.

My mate said the same at the beginning of the second half. I asked him if he had ever heard of Brian Flynn? He said no so i said well you know f**k all.............i told him about 60+ caps for Wales and more than 150 games for Leeds and a fan favourite at 5.2ft.....he then conceded that Maradonna and Messi are both midgets.
Who is the best player in Thailand..............Chanathip..................made a fool of Australia last time we played them and he is 5.1ft.

Size is irrelevant if you are good!!!!!

Wombat

TBF you have alot of drawings of Kek on your walls dont you????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping you are old enough to remember Alan Partridge...piss funny English show.

Antlion

Yeah looking forward to it myself

The audiobook I, Patridge - We Need To Talk About Alan is as good as the show too I reckon, and read by 'Alan' himself

Michael

TBF you have alot of drawings of Kek on your walls dont you????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping you are old enough to remember Alan Partridge...piss funny English show.

Bloody love Alan Partridge.
And so what if I spend my spare time drawing pictures of Kek’s.
I rate players that have far superior technique and confidence on the ball in only about 25minutes of senior footy over the likes of Hoole and yes even pain. Despite pain being so good this year.
If Kekeris got a run of starts everyone will be convinced.
I banged on about the same stuff with Lachie last season.

And don’t get me wrong on Nisbet, I rate him incredibly highly. Was just saying his height was a slight disadvantage, purely for headers. He makes up for it in basically every other area.

turbo

Size is irrelevant if you are good!!!!!

It is relevant, being practically no chance of out muscling your opponent or winning an aerial contest and having significantly shorter legs makes your job that much harder. But that's what makes it so impressive when someone like Nisbet makes it - the rest of their game has to compensate for that and we saw it in his touches especially that moment mentioned above where he was surrounded and still got a tidy pass out.

Insertnamehere

Bloody love Alan Partridge.
And so what if I spend my spare time drawing pictures of Kek’s.
I rate players that have far superior technique and confidence on the ball in only about 25minutes of senior footy over the likes of Hoole and yes even pain. Despite pain being so good this year.
If Kekeris got a run of starts everyone will be convinced.
I banged on about the same stuff with Lachie last season.

And don’t get me wrong on Nisbet, I rate him incredibly highly. Was just saying his height was a slight disadvantage, purely for headers. He makes up for it in basically every other area.
Nisbets height and tekkas is why I think he'd be better up the field, leaving the big bodied athletes to mop up. His touch was on a dime, his passing exact, his movement perfect. A definite footballer. His strength and power you can build on.
Im a big believer in getting footballers and turning them into athletes, rather than the other way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb