• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

turbo

Rest of season deal .. hopefully he's just being cautious and will stay on but I have to wonder if we're just going to be a stepping stone elsewhere.

Also - "The Club is hopeful that the compulsory International Transfer Clearance (ITC) and VISA paperwork is cleared in time for him to face Melbourne Victory at home in Round 17."

Last edited:

Ozhammer

Rest of season deal .. hopefully he's just being cautious and will stay on but I have to wonder if we're just going to be a stepping stone elsewhere."
Probably more of an indictment of our club’s attraction as a playing destination at this moment in time? :(

tsd

Walked in to a cafe in Terrigal this morn and overheard the end of a conversation between Mulvey and Cisse, something along the lines of "keep turning up for training and we'll take it from there"

no hard facts but from the body language it seemed like reconciliation.

Michael

It’s very cautious, Karacan’s deal. He’ll play max 10 games.
I think he’s easily worth a straight up contract till end of next season. Great age for this league and great pedigree.
I was right in jumping the gun 10 hours early last night saying Tom H would start.
I’m going to go ahead and jump the gun and say Jem will be as good as Tom H for us.

Josho Howe

Karacan's pedigree certainly looks decent. Championship is imo the toughest league in the world so the physicality side of Australia should be fine for him to adjust to. I'm happy with the signing, but one must wonder why another defensive midfield signing was made. Afraid that'll mean Tom is out next season. Karacan l think will show enough and will play for us next season. I can't see any reason why he wouldn't play well in this league.

turbo

Afraid that'll mean Tom is out next season. Karacan l think will show enough and will play for us next season

Could be more likely that we won't be able to retain O'Neill when the loan ends if we're succession planning. No doubt we'd like to but depends on whether he is keen to stay and the money is right. If Karacan is good enough he might not stick around either.

MagpieMariner

I don't see the connection between "we sign Karacan until season end" and "that means Hiariej or O'Neill or both will be gone season end". Surely logic says if we sign him until season end then we don't expect to need him next season, so therefore Hiariej & O'Neill will still be here. If they won't be here, we would need to sign him for at least 18 months. I'm of the opinion that even if the other guys stay, we'd still need him next year if only to cover injury/suspension/this January match every 3 days madness. I'm probably missing what other forumites are saying, so better spell it out for idiots like me.

Cricko_086

O’Neil is young and has played in the epl. Why would he think about staying here next season? I would love him to stay but I’m sure it won’t happen!

Tom and Karacan to carve up the midfield next season and beyond!

Forum Phoenix

No I don’t think there’s a clear line to anything at this stage except that players and agents will be cautious about us and hedge their bets as best they can.

Tom will be hard to retain, he’s such a class player, but more than that he’s a point of real hope for all the hard core CCM fans who know their football. So if the club was listening to their fans at all...they would move heaven and earth to sign him for another 2 years.

I liked seeing Mulvey give Nisbet and Kekeris some minutes also. Offered a lot more off the bench than Weemac or Hoole last week imo.

Sign them for low paying 2 year deals now, and then through the back end of this foregone conclusion of a season, develop them with regular time off the bench and the odd start.

I think those 3 moves would generate a lot of good will and confidence. Enormous pity that Millar is not being added to that.

Antlion

"We’ve signed Jem on a short-term contract, so he will need to come in and prove a point. If it goes well, we will look at longer term. Right now, he’s coming out to play and to win."
https://www.a-league.com.au/news/mariners-sign-former-premier-league-midfielder
I don't see how we have the leverage but they're making it like he has to prove himself to us. They'd better be ready to extend the moment he shows his quality, not after other teams have had a chance to poach

turbo

We’ve signed Jem on a short-term contract, so he will need to come in and prove a point
To who? Sydney with O'Neill attracting overseas interest? Victory with Honda departing? If he was proving himself we'd at least have first refusal or maybe some triggers to extend past this season. How has the short term deal worked out with retaining Millar?

Charlie1

Good luck to him a fan favourite at ccm but I’m glad we didn’t sign him. We already have squad players we need to sign a quality striker.

Timmah

Good luck to him a fan favourite at ccm but I’m glad we didn’t sign him. We already have squad players we need to sign a quality striker.
Precisely. Simon's form is better than his in terms of goal return for a forward at the moment so I'm ok with it.

Ozhammer

You can take the boy out of Western Sydney but you can’t take the Westie out of the boy I guess. Another indictment of how poisoned our brand is I believe.

Ozhammer

Can anyone point me to the original post about McKinna having coffee with Millar at Erina Fair? It seems there was an undertone to that meeting, that needs exposing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred