• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

you're listening to what right now????

Wombat

Us older dogs auto assume you young pups know decent music, and my kids know all the old classics, although my eldest daughetrs taste is dreadful (weirdly she could probably sing along to this).

My son has far better taste but he has a black mate pushing him in the right direction. They went to see living colour in syd 2 weeks ago and some bloke pulled them up as they were the only people under 40yo ( as i'm typing this the music went from Floyd to Michael Kiwanuka so you tube is doing their bit!!!!). How can you blokes know this band blah blah........Zac churned out every album and the bloke turned away after a high five.....you know more than me!

Wombat

This is not going to be to alot of peoples taste but wow these boys were a tight guitar band.

I used to play this and "99 problems and a bitch aint one" while smacking a punchbag in my bag yard in Northern Sydney...my wife would come out and tell me to turn down the music because it wasnt very nice.

Wombat

This one is for Middy and TB. BTW Middy.....i apologize that there are no women in Bkini's in this vid.

Rowdy

Us older dogs auto assume you young pups know decent music, and my kids know all the old classics, although my eldest daughetrs taste is dreadful (weirdly she could probably sing along to this).

My son has far better taste but he has a black mate pushing him in the right direction. They went to see living colour in syd 2 weeks ago and some bloke pulled them up as they were the only people under 40yo ( as i'm typing this the music went from Floyd to Michael Kiwanuka so you tube is doing their bit!!!!). How can you blokes know this band blah blah........Zac churned out every album and the bloke turned away after a high five.....you know more than me!

Get F'd .... Vernon fcuking Reid !

Heard C.O.P in Yr12 of 88' and loved it, such amazingly different music from an all-black band at that time amongst the genres that were then (&to come in the 90's)

Bought the 'Times Up album', which some arsehole nicked from house along with a bunch of other albums.

Met and became great mates with a PNG guy at KingsX, he had exactly the same short back and sides with the dreads on top, told him he looked like Vernon Reid ..... instant friendship !

Great Band, no idea they were in Oz.
Awesome though.

Rowdy

This one is for Rowdy.
That's an awesome cover.

Mrs drools for ALL of Prince's stuff, but
Prince absolutely slays that solo !!

Thinking 'damn that kid on acoustic next to Petty is a deadset doppleganger for Harrison!' ... went to YT & check 'd the video's info ...
- Dhani HARRISON !

Rowdy

How good is this..............i like the Radiators' song but this owns it.

Obviously, its far too sexist for my liking!:unsure:
Here's a story that will warm your cockles Wombie;

Ice T was the first hardcore RAP artist I ever heard (Rage), my best mate left yr10/I stayed & he worked part time in the Imperial Centre record store and we ordered it in - 'Parental Discretion is Advised' sticker and all ... we were hooked. (My tastes are wiiiide)

Moved onto Too Live Crew , NWA etc.
He started a DJ business with another mate, Weddings/Parties/Anything stuff & I helped whenever I could.

3 years later, we did a Yr12 formal after party when I was 20yo at some wedding reception joint? (might be a restaurant now i think) at Forresters Beach & all the girls kept asking us for this 'one particular song' BUT we'd left all the rap back at his house in Gossie because it wasn't something we thought they'd be into, Rap WASN'T that popular in Aus at that time.

He and I were the ONLY x2 guys who listened to it in our Year, people thought we were idiots for doing so.

So I jumped in his van, drove to Gossie with x2 chicks in tow who 'wanted to take a drive' ;) - picked up the CD & raced back again.

Arrived, played the song AND THEY WENT BALLISTIC !!
- word for word they sang it, we would mute it and WE ALSO sang it with them over the Mic .... they cheered even louder when they realised WE TOO knew all the words as well !

The kid that booked us, paid us $200 extra (which was huge for a nites work in 1990 as it was a oart time thing we did on weekends) & begged us to do his 18th for the same coin.

So here it is .... I'll one up ya ! It's lewd, hilarious and shows the true art of spit'n script of that era.(when one could still understand EVERY word)

WAS my all time fave of his :

The guitar is actually very 'Vernon' as well

true believer

TB....you love the herb dont you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it is quality, I just cant imagine a non smoker getting how good the music is. Obviously i mean smoker when i was young.;)
well you know my good man . i only drink now days except for the superbowl . where i gather with a few hippy mates
and may have a pipe or 3

but speaking of greatness . this little number wasn't bad

true believer

and young grasshopper you pulled a great pink floyd song
but here is the first great football song by the seminole 20th century band
bloody scousers song

Wombat

I'm sure you know this classic Rowdy but i wanted to put it up for Josho Howe and some of the pups.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred