• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Spacks

Why is he such a beast in my FM19 save? 13 goals in 12 apps

dont ask him that, im just trollin

Big Al

@Coast Football Ramble i have a topic for you guys to discuss on the pod.

What role if any do you think fans should have in the team that is picked to play?

We have Tom who most fans think is a better player than Melling (by a mile) and are getting upset at the coach for not playing him. Fair enough. But obviously the loosing is playing a part. If we are winning the complaints don’t have as much weight.
Should we be expressing this disappointment, or is it not something we should be envolved in apart from having our own opinions?

The issue is similar to the Melbourne City and Bruno Fornaroli situation. Their fans decided to protest a coaches decision. I wasn’t entirely happy with that as i saw both sides. The coach sets standards that he wants his best players to follow so his worst fall into line and do them because the best players are. The reason about being over a skin fold doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t care what you weigh. Did you perform? Bruno has been quite this year. Ever since Mooy left he hasn’t been as effective.
The fact city won convincingly without him last week said maybe the coach was right.

Then there was an article about two weeks ago about how Poppa had turned Perth around with this same strict routine of skin fold tests and double sessions. Because he was winning he is deemed a strict disciplinarian in a good way. The complete opposite press to what Joyce is getting but for the same standards.

So now we are at a similar stand point with Tom but for what we believe to be aggression over skill. Not fitness.
Now the coach obviously gets to pick the team but when it fails he must come under scrutiny. He said to you guys I think at the start of the season loosing has become acceptable, but now he is loosing does that same scrutiny apply?

Should we the fans who pay the hard earned be doing something or are we even entitled to a say?

Is there something we aren’t being told? I’ve heard Mulvey say if you don’t want to be here i will play someone who does. Is this a shot at Tom or just a general threat?

I still think it’s to early to call for Mulveys head but he has made a lot of mistakes I’m not happy about.

My personal feelings are that he has been left behind from his couple of years out of the league. He said when appointed he hadn’t been watching. The league has improved significantly since he left.

He also appears a stubborn coach which we thought we needed. Some of his recruiting has been very poor or smacks of players who were good when he last coached.

He doesn’t know how to get the best out of Ross. He just needs shots. He will score.
He can’t use Tom properly. These are worrying signs and Tommy Oar wasn’t great at Brisbane last run and i was surprised he made it to Greece in the first place and hasn’t looked good for us at all.
Then there is the goal keeping debacle. No competition for an incompetent keeper.

Sorry for the long note but would be an interesting discussion to hear your thoughts.

Cheers and love the pod. All other pods i listen to on the train get put to the back when yours pops up.

Ps. Shaun has been quite lately is this deliberate from you guys or he just to busy or just can’t talk up shit anymore

Ancient Mariner

@Coast Football Ramble i have a topic for you guys to discuss on the pod.

What role if any do you think fans should have in the team that is picked to play?

We have Tom who most fans think is a better player than Melling (by a mile) and are getting upset at the coach for not playing him. Fair enough. But obviously the loosing is playing a part. If we are winning the complaints don’t have as much weight.
Should we be expressing this disappointment, or is it not something we should be envolved in apart from having our own opinions?

The issue is similar to the Melbourne City and Bruno Fornaroli situation. Their fans decided to protest a coaches decision. I wasn’t entirely happy with that as i saw both sides. The coach sets standards that he wants his best players to follow so his worst fall into line and do them because the best players are. The reason about being over a skin fold doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t care what you weigh. Did you perform? Bruno has been quite this year. Ever since Mooy left he hasn’t been as effective.
The fact city won convincingly without him last week said maybe the coach was right.

Then there was an article about two weeks ago about how Poppa had turned Perth around with this same strict routine of skin fold tests and double sessions. Because he was winning he is deemed a strict disciplinarian in a good way. The complete opposite press to what Joyce is getting but for the same standards.

So now we are at a similar stand point with Tom but for what we believe to be aggression over skill. Not fitness.
Now the coach obviously gets to pick the team but when it fails he must come under scrutiny. He said to you guys I think at the start of the season loosing has become acceptable, but now he is loosing does that same scrutiny apply?

Should we the fans who pay the hard earned be doing something or are we even entitled to a say?

Is there something we aren’t being told? I’ve heard Mulvey say if you don’t want to be here i will play someone who does. Is this a shot at Tom or just a general threat?

I still think it’s to early to call for Mulveys head but he has made a lot of mistakes I’m not happy about.

My personal feelings are that he has been left behind from his couple of years out of the league. He said when appointed he hadn’t been watching. The league has improved significantly since he left.

He also appears a stubborn coach which we thought we needed. Some of his recruiting has been very poor or smacks of players who were good when he last coached.

He doesn’t know how to get the best out of Ross. He just needs shots. He will score.
He can’t use Tom properly. These are worrying signs and Tommy Oar wasn’t great at Brisbane last run and i was surprised he made it to Greece in the first place and hasn’t looked good for us at all.
Then there is the goal keeping debacle. No competition for an incompetent keeper.

Sorry for the long note but would be an interesting discussion to hear your thoughts.

Cheers and love the pod. All other pods i listen to on the train get put to the back when yours pops up.

Ps. Shaun has been quite lately is this deliberate from you guys or he just to busy or just can’t talk up shit anymore
Great post. Agree with the worry that Mulvey may be living in the past regarding the Aleague, especially when he said he went after Berisha.

pjennings

On the same theme as Big Al and not really trying to make a point - just put together a few thoughts from other threads I have just read/reread from the squad thread, here and from the game threads. The consensus is that after a huge turnover at the end of last season we are still in need of a turnover we still don't know are best XI and the fans disagree with Mike at least on a couple of players. A lot of players the fans seem would be happy to go. Given a 3-4-3 formation the fan's consensus seems to be.

-----------------GK----------------

-----RCB-----MCB----Rowles

Millar----Tom--------O'Neill----Clisby

--------RAM------------Pain--------

-----------------CF------------------

With Cisse the one player that seems to be 50/50.

The fans seem to be reasonably happy with 6 players of which two did not start against WSW.

NoDiggity

On the same theme as Big Al and not really trying to make a point - just put together a few thoughts from other threads I have just read/reread from the squad thread, here and from the game threads. The consensus is that after a huge turnover at the end of last season we are still in need of a turnover we still don't know are best XI and the fans disagree with Mike at least on a couple of players. A lot of players the fans seem would be happy to go. Given a 3-4-3 formation the fan's consensus seems to be.

-----------------GK----------------

-----RCB-----MCB----Rowles

Millar----Tom--------O'Neill----Clisby

--------RAM------------Pain--------

-----------------CF------------------

With Cisse the one player that seems to be 50/50.

The fans seem to be reasonably happy with 6 players of which two did not start against WSW.
I can’t speak for everyone but I think people are more than happy to have Oar & Ross in the starting squad, with the main issue with Ross being the service to him.

pjennings

I can’t speak for everyone but I think people are more than happy to have Oar & Ross in the starting squad, with the main issue with Ross being the service to him.

I, like many others, thought when we brought them in that it showed a new found ambition. Since then, many have questioned whether the HAL has improved considerably since Tommy was here and he may not be the gem we were after. Similarly with Ross I have heard many complain about his lack of fitness but also how he doesn't fit with the way MM wants to play.

Either way, even including them as automatic starters (though who would you drop for Oar?) it still would lead to the fans and MM being in agreement on six of the starting XI

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred