• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R8 away @ Nix

Timmah

Sat 5:35pm AEDT (7:35pm Wellington local time)
Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Referee: Shaun Evans
Assistant Referee 1: Ashley Beecham
Assistant Referee 2: Andrew Lindsay
Fourth Official: Lachlan Keevers
VAR: Nick Waldron

j0_111766_0.png

NIX: 1.Filip KURTO, 4.Mandi SOSA, 5.Ryan LOWRY, 6.Dylan FOX, 8.Mitch NICHOLS, 9.Nathan BURNS, 11.David WILLIAMS, 13.Liberato CACACE, 14.Alex RUFER, 15.Michal KOPZCYNSKI, 16.Louis FENTON, 18.Sarpreet SINGH, 19.Tom DOYLE, 20.Oliver SAIL (gk), 21.Roy KRISHNA, 22.Andrew DURANTE (c), 23.Max BURGESS, 27.Steven TAYLOR,
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 1.Filip Kurto (Return from injury) 5.Ryan LOWRY (Return from suspension) 8.Mitch NICHOLS (promoted)
Outs: 40.Ante Covic (gk) (injury replacement period ended)
Unavailable: Nil

upload_2018-12-6_12-46-20-png.1219

CCM: 3.Jack CLISBY, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Michael McGLINCHEY, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 13.Aiden O’NEILL, 15.Kye ROWLES, 16.Josh MACDONALD, 17.Peter KEKERIS,18.Matt MILLAR, 19.Matt SIMON (c), 20.Kalifa CISSE, 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Mario SHABOW, 24.Joe GAUCI, 25.Jordan MURRAY
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 16.Josh MACDONALD (promoted), 17.Peter KEKERIS, 24.Joe GAUCI (promoted), 25.Jordan MURRAY (return from injury)
Outs: 1.Ben KENNEDY (leg injury) & 6.Tom HIARIEJ (calf injury)
Unavailable: 10.Tommy OAR (knee), 21.Corey GAMEIRO (calf), 44.Ross McCORMACK (knee)

_____

Off to the shaky isles on Saturday to face Wellington... who just beat Sydney 3-0 at Kogarah.

Ross now looking like a medium-term injury so won't be available. Could Aspro come straight in or does he need more NYL minutes? And is Oar back?

Last edited:

Big Al

Nix had perth beat till VAR as well.

They look better than us. Another long night I think.

Aspro way to soon.
Oar was another couple of weeks I thin

Not much information on Murray

Insertnamehere

So another demoralising performance and result in the offing? Upside is I have Krishna in my fantasy team, he should score 4 or 5...

Rowdy

Krishna made van der Linden look like a muppet on the weekend, poor Wilko was left just shaking his head.

We need our back 3 to play a bit tighter/narrower if we want to avoid being ripped a 'new-one'.

Likewise Millar & Clisby (yes Clisby & NO-ONE fcuk'n else Mike !) remember their defensive duties as much as the 'go-forward'

soccer mad

Wellington showed real fight against Sydney and discipline this will be Rudan vs Mulvie . Both teams are quite similar to each other both have a tight ass budget and as many state league players. I want to be optimistic but based on what's been dished up this season, I don't have confidence in Mulvie tactical ability .

Insertnamehere

Wellington showed real fight against Sydney and discipline this will be Rudan vs Mulvie . Both teams are quite similar to each other both have a tight ass budget and as many state league players. I want to be optimistic but based on what's been dished up this season, I don't have confidence in Mulvie tactical ability .
They have krishna and a manager settled on his team. We don't have a striker and we have a manager who's happy to run with the owners theory that because there's no PnL losses don't count

Rowdy

'Battle of The Deities'

lord krishna.jpg
Lord Krishna

V

Our very own, Lord Golec
DbrhIBAU0AAqcgP.jpg

....... who will hopefully have none other than GOD himself, by his side .....

23416553_2042236486011320_2458827098597359616_n.jpg

Wombat

Mulvey expected us to beat The Drive bys so he took some liberties. It backfired badly so now he needs to get it right and stop pretending he is Mike Bassett.

# Tommy In.

Tevor

I thought Krishna come off early in the SFC game with a hammy problem so he may not be there to torment our defence. Nix played smart and made SFC look very vulnerable at the back, could be the same situation we had with Okon in that he only lifted for the team for games against SFC. However having watched plenty of other HAL games so far this season we are clearly well below every team including the Nix, how happy would we be to have 2 wins and 2 draws after 7 rounds? That would be a successful start IMO.

Expecting us to hit a new low this weekend and make sure we hold onto the "worst start in HAL history" record for many years to come. I really can not see our first win coming at all let alone going over to NZ and beating the Nix. I'm sure Rudan will have them pumped because two wins on the trot really does kick start their season and bury us further into the abyss.

Ozhammer

Really worried about the damage this fixture is likely to do to our season tbh. No idea if MM can reconcile his differences with Tom H (he can’t even pronounce his name properly FFS - is that a deliberate sign of disrespect I wonder?) but if he persists with his current approach, the Nix will have a field day and all we will have to look forward to is yet another failed campaign. :(

Pirate Pete

I don't know why I even bother with this forum at times with all the doom and gloom.
I'm already feeling depressed about next weekend.
The Coopers Home Brew forum is much more fun.

localpom

I don't know why I even bother with this forum at times with all the doom and gloom.
I'm already feeling depressed about next weekend.
The Coopers Home Brew forum is much more fun.
Yes,we are at an all time low. Drinking more is the only alternative. Unfortunately the next day blues are way worse so the only alternative is more drinking. Looking forward, hopefully soon-ish when i can watch a game and have an expectation we will win one in every 3 or 4.

nebakke

Meh... I was feeling bad about the next game before looking at the forum... It's been years since I saw anything that gave me cause for optimism around the club sadly and as optimistic as I normally feel, there's an end to the supply :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred