• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 5 - Perth v CCM

Michael

We've moved very quick to writing off McCormack as lazy. Let's remember he has played 4 games since leaving last year and all for us. He would have scored last week too if Shabow wasn't in the way. He be far from match fit and with a team he's known for 2 months.

You’re probably right.

It’s 100% mulveys tactic for Ross to not work too hard defensively so that he remains fresh as possible when we have it. When he touches the ball it’s still very high quality, so that’s not in question.
The tactic of using him this way is, because it does hurt us as a defensive unit. And his movement in looking for the ball could be a lot hungrier.

I think a lot of us just want his impact on matches to match his quality.

scottmac

Suspended
You’re probably right.

It’s 100% mulveys tactic for Ross to not work too hard defensively so that he remains fresh as possible when we have it. When he touches the ball it’s still very high quality, so that’s not in question.
The tactic of using him this way is, because it does hurt us as a defensive unit. And his movement in looking for the ball could be a lot hungrier.

I think a lot of us just want his impact on matches to match his quality.
If he going to impact matches then it's the quality before and after his touches that matter more

ballantyne

Paradoxically the team looks underdone yet I think another, and inevitable, mauling this weekend would be bad for them. The first two rounds' final scores flattered us: this is team is rightly bottom of the league it plays in and it's a fair old way to even mid-table. I can well believe there is a "culture problem" - theres a salary cap and no relegation so why not coast? Hopefully Mulvey can get some fire in their hearts somehow.

Forum Phoenix

If the players Ive heard and the coaches are to believed, there is a good culture right now.

We’re just very under cooked imo. All the intentions seem impeccable to me. It was just too big a job in the window we had and as offsides has said, needing some key signings to recover and others coming on very late.

I expect we will grow. Because the quality and ambition is there. Problem is I think we’re all so out of patience (understandably) but I don’t think we’ll really know the potential of our side or our coach till probably mid season.

Last edited:

Offsider

Been trying to think of something positive to post .............. finally came up with ..........

There are not enough positions in their side for Perth to fit all their stars :doh: ............. Castro may not start :doh: ........... Reddy never passes to keogh :doh: ............ sh.t
I’m getting a headache :doh: ........ ouch !!!!

Ozhammer

I am hearing that the Rowles experiment has run its course, so we will see something different this week.

I will no doubt get shot down by the other armchair managers on here but the problem right now is that we are short of defenders and heavy on mids, so I would honestly be considering a 3-5-2 formation against Perth. The wingbacks would drop into a 5 man defence when we are under pressure and it would also mean that we number up against Perth, as that is the system they play (very successfully I might add).

My personal line up in that formation would be

BK.

Tommy. Cissé. Rowles

O’Neil

Pain. Weemac. Oar. Clisby

Simon

McCormack

Controversial in some people’s eyes no doubt but it does solve some of our basic flaws.:tinfoilhat:

Ozhammer

I should also have added that if Oar is out as some have suggested, Hoole slots straight in or could even replace Weemac if he is still training the house down.

Wombat

I'd be a little bit worried about us being skinned down the right hand side but its an interesting set up.

turbo

Seems very experimental, who knows whether it would work but failing to execute it could be a disaster at a time when we need to be refining and starting our best squad. It doesn't look like the team has gelled enough for massive changes yet. It's been floated a few times but Tom H at RB feels like a waste for me and I'd suggest we're more likely to see Mcging or a new recruit get a run there. Dropping Golec is bold but we all know where you're coming from and I think Hoole should start over Simon.

priorpeter

We played 3-5-2 for much of pre-season. It was potent for the most part in an attacking sense, but our transition when we lost the ball was sloppy as hell and cost us a few goals against lesser opposition. If those problems haven’t been fixed, it would be a huge gamble against a side like Perth who look well drilled this season.
I say go for it. I f**kin love gambling.

Big Al

I am hearing that the Rowles experiment has run its course, so we will see something different this week.

I will no doubt get shot down by the other armchair managers on here but the problem right now is that we are short of defenders and heavy on mids, so I would honestly be considering a 3-5-2 formation against Perth. The wingbacks would drop into a 5 man defence when we are under pressure and it would also mean that we number up against Perth, as that is the system they play (very successfully I might add).

BK.

Tommy. Cissé. Rowles

O’Neil

Simon

McCormack

Controversial in some people’s eyes no doubt but it does solve some of our basic flaws.:tinfoilhat:
Was agreeing I’ll roast you when said to many midfielders. Then realised we have a few they just crap.

I had the same idea about the formation the other day.
Except my back 3 would be solid CB’s.
I’d have Aspro on the right when he comes back but McGing for now.
Cisse in the middle
Rowles on the left.
Golec on the bench

Then midfield I’d have millar and Clisby on each wing with Hoole Tommy God and ONeill in the centre

McCormack and Murray up front

Useless BK
McGing. Cisse. Rowles
O’Neill
Millar Hoole Tom Clisby
Murray McCormack

Insertnamehere

BK.

Tommy. Cissé. Rowles

O’Neil

Simon

McCormack

352 should work in theory but IMO our WBs would be caught up the field too much. However, if your midfield is smart they will drop to fill in at CB if the CB chases out to the wing which invariably ours will have to.
Imo its just alot of moving parts for a team not very good at moving much ATM.
K.I.S.S principles for our guys till we find some form.

Last edited:

NoDiggity

Tommy H, Tommy oar & Connor pain all on light duties at training today. tommy oars knee was strapped, no visible injury on the other two

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred