• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018/2019 Memberships

Josho Howe

Only time l have ever drank champagne was in Paris at Moulin Rouge. If you're going to the football, get a beer in ya and off ya go.

pjennings

Last year one week out from the start of the season we had 4650 - this year 3903 down 747 or 16%.

On the podcast Shaun seemed to indicate they are ahead on dollars but down on numbers. Apparently cheaper academy memberships from CCMA and NSMA have not been counted yet.

The other thing is last season we had a RD 1 home game. People leaving it to the last minute will be targeting next week for our first home game

turbo

I know at least 1 member plus his kids that haven't signed up again after years of supporting, new signings look good but there's been a lot of damage done to goodwill over the last few years and last season was the final straw.

I've never been a member and will be signing up to a limited game membership soon. Feels like the right time with the later signings showing some intent to compete.

pjennings

I know at least 1 member plus his kids that haven't signed up again after years of supporting, new signings look good but there's been a lot of damage done to goodwill over the last few years and last season was the final straw.

I've never been a member and will be signing up to a limited game membership soon. Feels like the right time with the later signings showing some intent to compete.

We all have our breaking points - maybe a good start to the season may bring them back??

turbo

maybe a good start to the season may bring them back??

Maybe, I’d say there’s more chance of a few casual games then rejoining the year after if we’re playing well but some results might change things. Still a lot of damage to undo though.

I just hope that the club, or Charlesworth, can recognise that if our memberships aren’t as high as expected that it’s a product of previous offerings rather than the current one. The last thing we need is them saying “well we signed Ross, finished 4th and still didn’t boost numbers more than 20% so we’re not investing again”. But the number without that investment would have been even less than the previous years.

nebakke

We all have our breaking points - maybe a good start to the season may bring them back??

I think it'll take a lot for some... The people in the seats behind me drive from out past Parra, they seem pretty committed and visit family here anyway but I'm curious to see if they're coming back still... My football partner-in-crime moved up near Newie a couple of years ago and works up there as well... he has been travelling down to home games for the last couple of years, but he's out now... His comment was that he went to the football as a bit of fun and excitement and to hang out and have a couple of beers... In stead of being happy and relaxed though he was increasingly finding himself driving down frustrated and driving back up even more-so, so why keep going?
Can't say I blame him... I'm back but if this season turns out like last season I won't be next year... At some point something's gotta give.

Wombat

I think it'll take a lot for some... The people in the seats behind me drive from out past Parra, they seem pretty committed and visit family here anyway but I'm curious to see if they're coming back still... My football partner-in-crime moved up near Newie a couple of years ago and works up there as well... he has been travelling down to home games for the last couple of years, but he's out now... His comment was that he went to the football as a bit of fun and excitement and to hang out and have a couple of beers... In stead of being happy and relaxed though he was increasingly finding himself driving down frustrated and driving back up even more-so, so why keep going?
Can't say I blame him... I'm back but if this season turns out like last season I won't be next year... At some point something's gotta give.

Stop it Assling. You will be here forever!

nebakke

Stop it Assling. You will be here forever!

I gotta hold on to whatever is left of my manhood somehow, ao I pretend too myself that I still have dignity and that I love it more than my team, but clearly that's been wrong so far, so I bluster away and then invariably deflate again at the end of the season.... football is a harsh sport.

style_cafe

They havent changed the beer though...:popcorn:

nebakke

They havent changed the beer though...:popcorn:

I mean - there's the Matilda Bay tent over in the corner by the Leagues Club entrance, it's horribly overpriced, but it's lightyears ahead of that 'Great Northern' swill they sell in most of the other spots, so I just have to drink less I guess :.(

aussiem

Got and email from FootballNSW today with an offer of a 6 game membership to Mariners games for $70 ( Adult GA ). It's normally $120. If your a local player or FootbalNSW member and thinking about getting a Mariners membership you can't go wrong with that. Even better, get x2 and there's the season virtually covered.

nero

This is my view completely.
When I lived on the coast I went to every game as it was a 10 minute drive there and back home.
Now that live in Kotara and with 3 young kids its a lot harder to get down. I have had full memberships for the past 4 years living in Newy but have not renewed this year and will probably only get a 3 game this year for the holiday season.

Okon and the idiot before him have both been real disappointments. Lots of excitment at the start of the season, then watch the club fall apart. My boys love coming to the game to see the sauce bottles walking around, the blimp and the pirates but recently it has not been worth coming to games just for that.

Positive signs ahead so far this season. I think the two away games coming up will show where the squat stands.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred