• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Offsider

I think your forum name should be Shit-stirrer...not Offsider, Offy.... :p
I don't think anyone on the forum is getting carried away with the results so far....as you say, it's all been against "lesser quality" (even the A-League opposition trials, are just trials). BUT....after the crap we've had the last few years, we are all hopeful that this season we won't finish in the bottom 4 and might actually win a reasonable percentage of games.All teams have recruited well it seems, so we could still finish at the bottom, but I am "daring to dream" that we won't. I'm going to renew my membership with just a little hope that this season WILL be better than last season.

Don’t get me wrong ........... I believe this season could be anything.

:cheers:

Ozhammer

I think your forum name should be Shit-stirrer...not Offsider, Offy.... :p
I don't think anyone on the forum is getting carried away with the results so far....as you say, it's all been against "lesser quality" (even the A-League opposition trials, are just trials). BUT....after the crap we've had the last few years, we are all hopeful that this season we won't finish in the bottom 4 and might actually win a reasonable percentage of games.All teams have recruited well it seems, so we could still finish at the bottom, but I am "daring to dream" that we won't. I'm going to renew my membership with just a little hope that this season WILL be better than last season.
Not sure I wholly agree with your suggestion that all our pre-season results hold little relevance to be honest. Olympic were in full form and doing well in the NPL when we played them, against which, we were still very early on in our own preparations. We drew 2-2 with a strong Jest team, despite being hugely down on players and WSW were arguably further ahead with their own ore-season than us if the press reports are correct, so that result was creditable, particularly when we still had a number of key players absent.

Pre-season results count for little in the long run but they do build confidence and cohesion within the playing group. So without wishing to sound like a starry-eyed dreamer, I am happy to take them as a positive indicator of where the team is headed. You can say whatever you want about the standard of our opposition with some justification in some cases but no defeats and lots of goals scored is definitely a positive sign In my book.

Insertnamehere

Totally agree, Millar was poor in possession, poor under slight pressure and his passing and tackling were appalling. He was my only major disappointment that night. (Bolt was exactly what I expected)
I suspect Millar is more suited to wing and mcging is more traditionally a DM. So it's going to be who is less of a liability there. Mcging has the history there so may well end up starting.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Mc Fark Moi
yGlg0i.jpg

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Mc Fark Moi
yGlg0i.jpg
At McMariners we got it all
Two all beef scotsman
One southern coastie
A Ginga on the left side
A muzza scoring machine
A lord and a Cisse up the back
Clisby and Aspro from the west
A Shabow from up there
A returning Simon
3 suss keepers
A couple of ex roars
TWO SAUCE BOTTLES
one legendary Monty and a Mulvey
A loud bloody cannon
On a really cool footy pitch

Wombat

I just watched the Sydney v Avondale game.

TCT scored a brace and hit the crossbar.
LeFronde is REALY classy. Set up all of Trents chances and scored a quality goal himself.
Redmayne was typically shite.
Oldfield the keeper some mentioned before looked ordinary.

pjennings

I just watched the Sydney v Avondale game.

TCT scored a brace and hit the crossbar.
LeFronde is REALY classy. Set up all of Trents chances and scored a quality goal himself.
Redmayne was typically shite.
Oldfield the keeper some mentioned before looked ordinary.

I didn't watch the game so am making no comment on how Oldfield played. However, he has once again been named Vic NPL keeper of the season and was apparently taken off at some stage (minor injury) to protect him for the big game on the weekend.

Offsider

I didn't watch the game so am making no comment on how Oldfield played. However, he has once again been named Vic NPL keeper of the season and was apparently taken off at some stage (minor injury) to protect him for the big game on the weekend.

I thought he was very ordinary, slow, trent nutmegged him for his second.

sydmariner

he was taken off @ 1/2 time

Forum Phoenix

Fp you need to get yorself a unicorn or go into politics................ out of context !!! ............. you have raped my post :fireup:.
Was my being positive too much.???

But :doh: ............ I’ll bite ............ I notice you don’t list a goal keeper ........... maybe you don’t think they are important enough for a good result. I think it is important to note that you don’t rate gamiero, who has not shown the game form post his injury, which adds credence to my worry that Golec and Aspro are yet to prove they are back to where they were pre injury and your crystal ball is not enough evidence that you can’t take the hospital aspect of my post with your grain of salt. Should we be so lucky that they do regain their pre injury form ............. I would add them to your list of quality players and credit mm’s astute business.
Simon and weemac ............. well simon was never a quality player in the context of Ross, fornaroli, riera, bobo etc who he appeared to be in the squad for to do their business as it were............ now his value appears to be as more as a mongrel / club culture mentor which is more appropriate. Yes he is scoring goals against lesser quality teams than a-league which says more about the quality of crossing than his ability to stay onside and head goals. Weemac is a definite “ has been “ that is looking to mm to revive his career and only time will tell if your crystal ball forecast fp on these two has any credit. Once again there is a mighty step up in quality he will need to perform against during the season............ but hey !!! he is doing well against the kids.

I can keep going because I know scottmac will look at the size of this post and ignore it .......... too much to comprehend sorting out my shit.

Cissee has yet to apply his trade against any real quality........... wsw pre their ffa cup game was no contest if not being able to get one past our woeful keepers to scoring two against melb city is anything to go by ???? The only thing separating him from faty2 is mm’s judgement which is probably good enough eh !!!.

Reading somewhere hoole’s stats .......... 49 crosses, no assists listed, 30 odd shots from memory and four goals and I can’t remember the offsides. Add that to his miserable efforts taking corners and the like and Your definition of quality is not the same as mine ........ pain suffered with service from hoole and desilva so my jury is out there.

I agree with kerkeris and murray, watching their progress adds flavour to the season ........ as does mm’s ability to kick along gamiero and oar....:popcorn:

You said it, then issued twelve full stops ( and of course an emoji) and I confess I stopped reading and moved on.

Sorry offy. But I don’t blame me. You make it a very hard read at times.

Last edited:

midfielder

WE actually need to start to set some awards....

suggestions to start it off.

Worst player ... junior cheese burger.
Best player .... best attacker...... best defender..

Big Mac, Double ???? burger, chicken nugget for someone pulling out of a tackle.... then we have the clown thing and his side kick.

Inspiration were are you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb